• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

AI causes Fatal Error

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem has been solved.

In the standard AI editor I had set the heroes to learn abilities, except what I did not realize is that if you set a hero as the 1st hero and it doesn't get that hero it constantly tries to upgrade those abilities even though they don't exist - hence why this problem always happened about 15-20 minutes into the game.

Currently heroes will not learn their abilities, but no more fatal errors. I've played dozens of games in the past few days with no errors.

Level 25
The problem has been solved.

In the standard AI editor I had set the heroes to learn abilities, except what I did not realize is that if you set a hero as the 1st hero and it doesn't get that hero it constantly tries to upgrade those abilities even though they don't exist - hence why this problem always happened about 15-20 minutes into the game.

Currently heroes will not learn their abilities, but no more fatal errors. I've played dozens of games in the past few days with no errors.

Just use triggers for the computer heroes? I mean, they level up - you increase the level of one of their abilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.