• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Age of Myths, Setting the bar for all new AoS's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Created just over a year ago, this is most definatly the most well made AoS I have ever played, Hosting a unique 6v6 game play (the guy scripted the neutral hostile and passive for the bases) with over 20 unique and custom heroes that each host at least four Jassed abilites, If you are a fan of DotA, ToB or anyother AoS, this is truely a treat and a gift to AoS players every where.

http://beam.to/vile

Level 22
Wow :shock: ...nice to see that you...uh...think modestly of your work.

If all heroes start off at level 25, would it be easier just to have all their abilities already researched rather then having players do hordes of clicking at the beginning? And with heroes that high level, the mobs are alreadt usless, making it essentially a hero-only map, which I dont really consider to be AoS (might as well just make it a hero arena). Spells were nice. Terrain was fairly good, but left room for imrovement.
-VGsatomi

Level 4
First of all its not my map, second of all you get all the heroes in single player only so that you can test them out, this is a multiplayer game not a single player one. As for the GuI comment, it means the whole game was written in jass and as such hardly lags at all, and is for the most part bug free.

Level 7
Murlok said:
GuI comment, it means the whole game was written in jass and as such hardly lags at all, and is for the most part bug free.

yes, but see, the flaw in that argument is in fact, that whether a map is made in GUI or JASS, it is whether or not the mapper employs the proper techniques to kill off mem-leaks

a GUI person could use custom script to do all or most 'reference fixing', while a JASS person could create tons of variables, explicitly or not, and neglect to clean up any leaks

on that matter, in fact, hardly lagging is barely a matter of JASS or GUI. i mean, the difference being possibly that JASS can use some less-repedative function calls (as opposed to recursion which is the only way you can do function simulation with triggers only, kinda). but even then, unless your map has like O(n^(huge number)) i doubt its gonna drop it a significant amount (at least compared to just good programming practices that can be done in both gui or jass)

same with bug-freeness, seeing as how local variables can be used in GUI, the only advantage i see there is less cross-referencing of variables possibly

unless theres some big mistake in my argument, then someone needs to point it out

Level 25
Hmm... I seem to notice several models, skins and other various files in this that have been uncredited

I suggest you find who made those models and credit them. Any time between now and right now shall be applicable. Or remove them.

Just passing on a message

How do we know this? Simple

http://members.lycos.co.uk/thedead1/corona.jpg

That is from your map, no? Pheonix made that beam model. Its from Blades and Billets, and not up for public download

I highly suggest finding him and appologising before your map becomes the most hated thing in Warcraft history

It may not be your map, but I suggest you take my roll and pass the message onto its creator. Its his job to ask permission for skins and models that aren't up for public download, not the job of the creators to harass him into adding the credits

Level 12
Vile made the map.

Yea he said he made a few mistakes in the credit things and said if you havent been creidted you can contact him and hell add you immedietly.

I know he should have gave credit as he imported each piece of work, im merely passing on the message :)

The thing about becoming the most hated map, I dought that, 99% of ppl on bnet cant give a ****. Its a small % of ppl who are into modding and such.
I bet half the player on bnet dont even know how to open the editor.

---

As for the map I think its very impressive
- custom spells
- effects
- in-game descriptions
All fantastic

Main let downs I think are
- items
- lack of "team" unit upgrades/abilities

Although the idea of splitting the items I thought was really good into caster/ranged/melee etc.
They just need to be improved a bit more IMO.

Level 4
For the last time im not the maker, just play this game a few times on battle net with a bunch of friends and its a blast, as for the credits from what I gather Vile is quite busy trying to fix a few stability issues so I do not think they will come out next version, but once Vile finishes up all the heroes (5-6 more) he will start looking through the recources for the authors and giving them credit. And besides, about 70% of the maps on battle net have no credit section or it is missing many of the authors.

Allready said my oppinion about this map other places but might aswelll do it again :wink:

I really like it and can agree with mulok about it being a blast! The credit stuff should be fixed but really aint any of my concern since it doesent changes gameplay or anything because some people havent got proper credit. So all in all I would give this a 4.5 out of 5. Only aos map I like better than this is the one and only, DotA! :p

Level 3
I have no respect for this map, or vile. Not a single bit. Its not even funny how many sources he ripped stuff from. I mean comparing the Tides of blood war3map.j file to Age of Myths war3map.j file is just icing on the cake. So many functions are EXACTLY the same, Its ridiculous. But whatever, at least Vile is smart enough to steal triggers from the best triggered warcraft game ever, it could of been worse. :roll:

Level 25
I've banned people from stealing in the past

I highly suggest he learns to give credits very fast. I won't lie: He isn't popular at any of my regular haunts because of this

You may whine about Battle.Net not caring. But here's the difference between me and Battle.Net: I care. As do other websites. And websites that care are very quick to exclude certain other websites from touching their goods at all. And he's VERY lucky certain people from some of the websites haven't gone and taken their anger from having their things stolen out on his website

Level 4
Ya I talked to him about it and he took offense and banned my from the forums (lol)... Anyhow I agree with you all about the uncredited skins and icons however most of the map he has triggered himself, and the spells that he has not he has put in the credits, hes a jackass but the map is of much higher quality then DoTa, and I prefer it over ToB because of pace and item selection. As for him stealing triggers from ToB, I agree that the druids ultimate looks like it was stolen from ToB however other skills like the ronins Jumping skill are so generic in idea that saying someone stole the idea is like saying someone stole blink strike.

Meh well what can you do, seems like everyday people give less of a damn at least most of the people here have there heads screwed on right about plagerism if only the rest of the WC3 community did, then we would have more well made and respectble maps to enjoy.

Level 3
As for him stealing triggers from ToB, I agree that the druids ultimate looks like it was stolen from ToB however other skills like the ronins Jumping skill are so generic in idea that saying someone stole the idea is like saying someone stole blink strike.

Im not just "assuming" or "guessing" that he stole it. Im saying he did. Its a fact. Just look at the war3map.j files(both maps are protected so finding that file requires opening every file in an mpq editor until you run into it) and compare them from both tides of blood and Age of Myths, and see for yourself.

Level 9
Just another nooby creator that want to make a "good" map "too quick" without thinking himself (damn i'm my english each day become bader) ...

P.S. Interesting that guy who compare war3map.j did something for his own :p Or also steal someones ideas. ?

Best regards
Vampire[K.B.]

Status
Not open for further replies.