• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Adding Portraits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
Dont know if this is in the right forum, but here we go:
How do i add a portrait to a model that doesnt have one? I know that i can just add (model name)_portrait.mdx, but what about custom portraits? like portraits built onto the model itself? What programs do i need?

Level 22
hmm... i dont get it. could you go more indepth?
like what im thinking of is:
when i opened a model in wc3 viewer, u see a little camera pointing at usually the head. this is the camera i presume. how can i change the view or create one?

download WAR3MODELEDITOR from the tools section, open your model with it, go to Windows/camera, set your screen up to the model to where you want the camera (pretty close to head), then right click, and creat camera from current position. Save and import

This part is optional:
Next go to windows/sequence manager and find the animation you want to use for the camera, (this anim wont be used on the mdl anymore, cept for camera) then rename it Portrait - 1

Level 18
~ Camera added.

To add cameras in Magos' Model Editor, play some of the Stand animations, move the model so it looks like a portrait. Then go to Windows > Camera Manager. Right-click and select Create Camera from Current View. Name the camera Camera01. Bang! You have it.

~ Texture path problem fixed.

If you want to open the models with Magos properly, the custom textures must have no paths, otherwise the editor won't recognize them (prior to version 1.07). In your case, I edited them relatively to "TheKnight.blp" and "HeadShield.blp" instead of "Textures\TheKinght.blp" and "Textures\HeadShield.blp". To edit this, you need to convert the model to MDL format using model converter (I recommend MDLX Converter). Open the MDL in Notepad, find the "Textures" label (they are Model, Sequences, Global Sequences and then Textures) and edit the paths. Then save and you're ready.

~ Geoset animation issues fixed.

See this tutorial for more information.

EDIT: ~ Model removed from post.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.