• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Adding New Races

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Is there any way to add new races to your world edit so instead of having the 4 basic races you can create races such as troll, naga etc.. so that way they have there own category???

Level 6
you can create unlimited races if you want

use object editor, create unit that can build, and some structure that train units, etc.

and then use trigger to allow players to use your custom race and create 2~4 basic main unit that can build something (like peasant, wisp, acolyte, and peon)

just ignore races type in world editor, no one care...

Level 7
Hmm the trigger's isnt a half bad idea but the only thing is how would i COMPLETELY remove a unit such as a peon, wisp etc.. ill make custom builders and add them but those default 5 starting units you get how can i take them completely out.. plz if you can show picture of trigger much will be appreciated

Level 6
Hmm the trigger's isnt a half bad idea but the only thing is how would i COMPLETELY remove a unit such as a peon, wisp etc.. ill make custom builders and add them but those default 5 starting units you get how can i take them completely out.. plz if you can show picture of trigger much will be appreciated

delete default 'map initialization' trigger

Level 7
ok the way it seems imma have to do it as is, delete trigger (creating starting units for all players) which will also take out the townhall than create the townhall in world edit and than use anther trigger to create 5 Blood elf workers in default starting point loc red postion.... it will do, sorry if i confused anyone but im still learning triggers. if there is anther way my ears are open thanx to all

+rep to all for helping

Level 7
I think he know what he meant. You meant about giving the new race you made a new cathegory so they are beneath humans, nightelfs, etc?

Anyway I see its fixed.

yea that was my main intention but the only way that can be possible is by opening the mpq going to "unit ui" and adding warcraft 3 mod files in. i personality am not gonna attempt as i seen whats already in wc3 mpq data files and its not impossible but a pain in a ass to config. so until i get more knowledge i will try to figure it out until than, imma just delete the starting units in the map and give each Color its own race "RED(blood elves) BLUE (Humans) etc etc.

Level 7
if you go to the Advanced Options menu youll find something about Race1 (Human)...Human, edit it to Blood Elves, but you cant have more i think.

yea i just did couldnt find it.. u dont mean player properties right?? Changing there names from in there.. anther words make life simple under advance options but what category i check them all and nothin seems to come in correctly.

Level 11
Advanced Options - Game Interface. Lets you change icons and tooltips for general stuff in the game (gold, lumber, hero stats, attack-move-patrol-hold position-stop orders, etc.)

Level 7
Advanced Options - Game Interface. Lets you change icons and tooltips for general stuff in the game (gold, lumber, hero stats, attack-move-patrol-hold position-stop orders, etc.)

O that way lol yea i already kno that... thanx though

i think the BEST and warcraft way of doing my map is as follow
Alliance: Human, Dwarf, Night Elf, Wood/High Elf
You start out with 5 peasants and one townhall at the beginning of the game right! the way imma do it is start off in the townhall and create a dwarf peasant he can instantly become apart of the alliance and build dwarf structors ONLY. If i want the night elf peasant(wisp) than i would have to upgrade the town hall to a keep, and for the wood/high elf upgrade to castle etc.

The 4 races will be
Alliance/Human Race - Human, dwarf, night elf, high elf
Horde/Orc Race - Orcs, Trolls, Taurens, Blood Elfs
Burning Legion- NE Race - Fel Orcs, Demons, Nagas
Scoruge - Undead Race - ???? (this is a mystery (even to me lol))

I beleieve that is properly the Blizzard way of doing it. my idea is for this map is to create it such as warcraft 4 would or should be.. cause we all know blizzard isnt releasing Warcraft 4 anytime soon with WOW making as much money as it does. If anyone has any ideas please do share and all comments are welcome and +rep to all for helping thanx guys :)

Status
Not open for further replies.