• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Adding missiles to abilities

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hello guys... I'm new to World Editor, can I ask how do I add a missile art to aoe abilities? I am making an ability where you throw a missile and it damages the targeted area (AoE). I already created the damage part but I don't know how to do the missile one.... Well, I'm a newbie and someone please help me...

Last edited:
Level 15
When the targeted area is damaged, create a dummy caster and make it cast silence at this position.

Level 15
There are a few options to make missiles. If you want the missile to fly at a unit you can use a dummy unit attacking or using an ability. In your case you probably want it to attack the ground, right? A very good and easy solution is using the meat wagon's disease cloud ability. It creates a unit (disease cloud) at the target area upon impact. When a unit casts the ability, create a dummy that attacks the target area (artillery attack type) and set targets allowed to none, so no damage is dealt. The meat wagon ability creates a dummy unit upon impact. Use a unique unit type for this dummy and catch its creation with unit enters entire map, unit type = ... .This way you have a missile + are able to detect when the missile hits the ground.

Level 5
There are a few options to make missiles. If you want the missile to fly at a unit you can use a dummy unit attacking or using an ability. In your case you probably want it to attack the ground, right? A very good and easy solution is using the meat wagon's disease cloud ability. It creates a unit (disease cloud) at the target area upon impact. When a unit casts the ability, create a dummy that attacks the target area (artillery attack type) and set targets allowed to none, so no damage is dealt. The meat wagon ability creates a dummy unit upon impact. Use a unique unit type for this dummy and catch its creation with unit enters entire map, unit type = ... .This way you have a missile + are able to detect when the missile hits the ground.
Oh yes! thank you! that dummy unit helped me a lot! Now I get it how yo do it thanks! :)))))

Status
Not open for further replies.