• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Adding Buildings to a builder via Trigger!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
heyho.

I'm making a TD where you can choose your 2 colors (races) (out of 6) and then you see all the towers of this race and then you can choose 10 out of these 24.
My problem is: Can I add buildings to my builder?!

More details:
First you choose your 1st color (via dialog): for example forest
Then you choose your 2nd for example Swamp

Now your TowerChooser gets spawned in a room where all these towers of these 2 races are. In front of them theres a circle of power.

You can enter this circle. Then you research an upgrade (or I set a variable, but this would be too much work (every tower, for every player...))
At the moment, my builder can build ALL these 12 buildings, you could choose. But I need 2 builders now (1 for each chosen color)
If I had only 1 builder, which gets the buildings via trigger, it would be huge less work.

Please help me if you know any way to do this!

Level 8

You want your hero builder. and with every level gained to have new structure or something like that. Am I wrong? NO? OK. listen...:grin:
You can't add buldings but you can do like this...
1. put all buildings in your builder structures built field.
2. Find neutral building triger that sais "disable/enable structure for construction"
3. disable all you want.
4. with your action <her gains alevel for example> just enable construction one by one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 8
:-D haven't read your post completly

do it like this. copy/paste your towers. use editor sufix <sisa, muda for those two (example)> then do what i said... and what you said in your post... i'm an idiot... it's 37'C here.

Level 7
Hmm please use edit... or you will get -rep again, soon... I will test it ;)

Edit: No the swamp builder builds the swamp buildings, which get unlocked by researching. The plain builder builds plain buildings.

Level 8

he would have 24 builders and everone of them will be building one tower...
to much work man... and when you copy a unit you have to wait like forever...
It can be done like that but i think this is an easier way

Level 7
aaah [the forbidden german name] is brush list xD Thx Squiggy!

Woot! That's ways faster!! Thanks a lot :)

Level 13
can't you just use a trigger like this:

• Events
    • A unit finishes an upgrade
  • Conditions
    • upgrade equal to frost tower
  • Actions
    • make frosttower available for training for owner of triggering unit
just disable all towers you don't want to be built from the beginning in map initalization

Level 7
Actions
make frosttower available for training for owner of triggering unit

If you give me an real action how o do it, +rep ;) there is not such an easy way :p

Level 7
Yeah I'm not at home at the moment, so I will check it out later. But that sounds really kewl :) Thanks a lot De4d!

+rep

Status
Not open for further replies.