• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Adding a Glow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
I want to add the purple glow( texture from Void Walker) to the Banshee Ghost.
I exported the texture from the Void Walker and imported it in the Banshee Ghost model( by using War3 Model Editor) and replaced the Dust texture that the Banshee Ghost model has.
It all looks how it should in the Model Editor but once I import the model in warcraft3 the Banshee Ghost does not have the purple glow particles emitted.
I attached the edited model.
I am probably not importing the purple glow properly, can someone tell me how to do that or what is wrong?

I just noticed that the texture names have paths like Textures\Clouds32_anim.blp
but the purple glow I imported does not have "Textures\" and I can't alter the texture's name to add it.

Attachments

• BansheeGhostEdit.mdx
    162.1 KB · Views: 62
You got the path's for the texture wrong. It is 'Textures\Purple_glow.blp.' not 'Purple_glow.blp'

I also have edited the death particle for you the purple glow texture does not work there because it is not a 8x8 skin. Only a 1x1 skin and that might cause the particle to look very bad.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.