• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • ✅ The POLL for Hive's Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Vote for the TOP 3 SKINS! 🔗Click here to cast your vote!

Add Buff after dialog..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I am making a LOAC/LOAP/RPG game where you can get jobs. As your character enters a circle of power a dialog appears asking if he wants the job, yes or no. If you click yes i wanted to make it so the circle of power disappeared and the units status to say the job he had just accepted.

I had made the buff but i have no idea how to get it to effect your character?

I also know this can be done because in Risk Devolution as your units move to different regions there status changes telling which country they are in.

Someone please help...

Level 2
I don't fully understand, sorry i am new to abilities and buffs.. i just need to create an aura ability with my buff and make a trigger adding it to the unit that accepts the job? Don't get what you mean by dummy.. hah sorry.

No need to be so complicated , just follow these steps

STEP 1 : Make a dummy , with no model.

STEP 2 : Make a skill and use the buff you want.

STEP 3 : Add skills to dummy : The skill u made , and another - LOCUST

STEP 4 : Trigger like this

• Dialog
    • Events
      • Dialog - A dialog button is clicked for PostmanJobDialog
    • Conditions
      • (Clicked dialog button) Equal to PostmanJobDialog_Button[1]
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create 1 Dummy for (Triggering player) at (Position of (Your Unit)) facing Default building facing (270.0) degrees
      • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to UseTheSkillYouMade (Your Unit)

Status
Not open for further replies.