• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Trigger] Add a ability to a hero using triggers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
K to simplify it, i did everything but couldnt figure it out.:con:
I tried: (Unit: Add ability to unit) and i tried: (Hero: Learn ability for hero)
But the only that worked was the 1st one but it couldnt level like a heros default spells,(what i mean by that is when a hero levels and wants to level that spell up, he cant because its not there to level.)

-Thanks for reading:cool:
-Thanks again if u reply:xxd:

Level 5
  • Unit - Add ABILITY to UNIT
should do exactly what you want and as long as you have hero ability set to true in the object editor, you should be able to level it.

EDIT: eh, im told wrong, keep reading ;)

Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Abilities added via that native are unable to be learend as hero skills by a hero. Your only option is to devise some kind of system which eithor provides an alternitive method to level up abilties, or creates heroes with the move you want as a skill so it is learnable.

For a custom level up system, commonly dummy hero abilties are used which represent an ability slot, as you level those dummies up, they set the level of the ability in that slot to their own. Other systems are items that level the abilities up like the one that taught it to you in the first place.

Level 6
Ok now i understand what you mean now but if i use the dummy hero ability system then how would i hide it from the heros main commands view.
I no attribute bonus can hide in the commands view so if i use that then can i use that one spell over and over for every ability slot or do i have to make a seperate attribute abilities for every real spell?

Level 6
Ok i just played Custom Hero Arena and i understand how he used the dummies but i dont understand how he set the abilities where because when you choose the abilities they dont show at all until you level the first dummy spell.
So which trigger did he use for that?

Status
Not open for further replies.