• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Action RPG suggestions. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
Hello gameplayers! Well, i'm a fan of Diablo (in all his versions) and now i want to play a new game, but similar to my favourite, Diablo 2 LoD.
So, anyone can suggest me a good Action RPG/Hack 'n' Slash?

My Comp is really poor, so dont suggest Crysis-style games. ;)

Also, I want SinglePlayer games. I hate multiplayer because I has 45 kbps! :O

My comp specs said:
Pentium III 800 Mhz
512 Mb RAM
Nvidia GeForce 2 MX/MX 400

I think you don't need to know more than that. :p

P.D: i had read some about Gothic 1 and Sacred, but i don't know if i would buy those or not. What do you think? :)

Thanks. :D

Sacred sucks, don't get it. Don't know about gothic. I know what you mean about not liking multiplayer games, my computer can play anything but my internet is about the same as yours so I lag like hell playing anything more intense than Warcraft online. Anyways. Prototype is a great one but not the style of action RPG you are looking for, and you computer probably wouldn't run it. If you are looking for a good game with low system requirements then I would definitely recommend "Titan Quest" and its expansion. You would probably just be buying the gold edition with both games in it anyways at any major stores. Titan Quest is probably the best Diablo clone that I have ever played. Combat and general game setup are pretty much EXACTLY the same as Diablo but with updated graphics and a user-friendly hot-bar. Unlike Diablo it has tons of exciting side-quests that are actually worth doing because most of them come with rather nice rewards. Like Diablo it has three different difficulties and you unlock one by beating the previous one and then you continue playing on your same character. It takes a little longer than Diablo to beat each difficulty. You can easily complete Diablo 2 in two days, Titan Quest takes quite a bit more. Its a really fun game to LAN if you have a brother with a computer or anything. All in all Titan Quest is a great game for Diablo fans and I would try it out if I were you.

Oh damn, I just noticed your computers stats.....

I am pretty sure the game would hardly be playable even at minimum settings...

Sorry. lol.

I am rockin:
Dual Core 3GHz Processor.

4 Gigs Dual-Channel RAM

1Gig GeForce 9500 GT graphics card.

So yeah....Titan quest requirements are as follows.....

Minimum System Requirements:

•Windows® 2000 or XP
•1.8 Ghz Intel Pentium IV or equivalent or AMD Athlon XP or equivalent
•512 MB RAM
•5 GB free hard drive space
•64 MB NVIDIA GeForce 3 or equivalent or ATI Radeon 8500 series with Pixel Shader 1.1 support or equivalent
•DirectX® 9.0c compatible 16-bit sound card
•8x or faster CD-ROM drive
•Keyboard, Mouse

Recommended System Requirements:

•Windows XP
•3.0 Ghz Intel Pentium IV or equivalent
•1 GB RAM
•5.0 GB or more free hard drive space
•128 MB NVIDIA GeForce 6800 series or ATI Radeon X800 series or equivalent
•DirectX® 9.0c compatible or Soundblaster X-Fi series sound card
•8x or faster CD-ROM/DVD drive
•Keyboard, Mouse

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Slaydon, be serious. My PC with 3ghz P4 does not run oblivion well. His will probably not even load the start menu.

Well if blizzard was less lazy you would have a brand new patch with ballence changes to ladder on, but they dropped it for WC3 1.24 which is getting nowhere (probably on hold for DotA).

I don't know why people seem to have problems with oblivion. My computer with the aforementioned specifications runs it fine. I have it maxed out and it has never gone slow or jerky or anything once. Perfectly smooth. But yeah, Xezko's computer would probably catch on fire trying to get past the initial loading screen if it could even make it past installation in the first place.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Or Icewind Dale. It's pretty decent. Though I am not sure about the requirements, I find it hard to believe your computer should have any trouble with it.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Superbly action-based, ain't it? xD

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Aye, unless your computer is well over 10 years old, there shouldn't be any trouble at all. I didn't look at his specs. :D

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Yes they do, unfortunately. Though you would probably not be surfing THW looking for an action based RPG if you had a computer like that. You would.. well.. have fun in WIN98?

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Whoaw.. my first had like what 200MB? I needed like 20 floppy discs to install Win3.11 (I had MS-DOS) .. err.. but I never managed to fill it up though. Wasn't that much to fill it with to be honest.. documents.

Level 6
Oblivion: Shit. Don't get it. Mods can make it playable, but with only 512 ram and 800 mhz you will be lucky to install it within 24 hours. But regardless of that, it's still bad. I don't know why everyone reccomends it, it's basically an MMO for people without an internet connection.
Gothic: It's an old game, so it's not surprising that no one in this thread knows about it. The story is good, but the gameplay and graphics may be too dated for you. What really stopped me from enjoying it was the game controls though, most awful stuff ever. There is a Gothic ll, which is praised, but I've never played it.
Fallout 3: Since people are mentioning Oblivion, I should mention this. For an RPG made in 2008, it's playable. For an RPG, it's pretty bad. There are certain aspects that really ruin the experience, mods can make it more enjoyable, but it's basically unplayable on your computer. I would reccomend Fallout 2 and 1 but those are not action RPGs.
Mass Effect: If you had 2x the processing power and 2.5x the memory, I'd reccomend it to you. Great story, good action/rpg mix gameplay. Comes very recommended by me.
Jade Empire: Very playable, story/characters and combat are less than desired, but perhaps playable on the lowest settings on your rig, but that's a big maybe. I would reccomend it. It's also on XBOX, if you can't play it on the PC (actually, same goes for Mass Effect). Action/Rpg mix.
Icewind Dale/Neverwinter Nights: Not having played these, I cannot reccomend them, however they are generally regarded as "good" if "playable" RPGs, not so sure if they're action-based (pretty sure they're not, more diablo based I think). Note that NWN, Jade Empire, ME, Baldur's Gate Series are all made by Bioware, so if you're into any one of those games, get the rest. Possibly barely playable on your rig, but I doubt it.
KOTOR (Knights of the Old Republic): I tend to classify this as "Bioware's Greatest Gift to Humanity". Okay, it's not godly, but it's one hell of a great action RPG and is worthy of being excluded from the others I mentioned. Great story, fun characters, combat system is enjoyable, good roleplaying elements. Possibly playable on your rig, but I severally doubt it.
KOTOR ll: Made by a different company, however, its development was arrested prematurely so it's greatly inferior to KOTOR. BUT, there is a fan-made patch which restores almost everything in the game that was intended, making the game a fairly enjoyable sequel. The fan-made patch is still unreleased, but you can get a leaked version (1.0b8) via googling for its torrent. It's worth the trouble to get, if you can get the game. It restores content not finished and fixes the bugged ending. You'll probably need the patch for even your first play through. Not playable on your computer.
Vampire Bloodlines: The Masquerade: A commercial action RPG using valve's Hammer engine. A cult following is all it has, but there's a reason for it. Great combat system, great story, great player-building elements. There is a restoration patch for this too, it is worth downloading for a second play through. Unlikely it will work for your computer.
Witcher: A bizarre if shallow plot with bizarre if shallow gameplay featuring bizarre if shallow characters. I would not recommend it, however it's definitely playable. Not on your rig though.

I believe I've covered 90% of the action RPGs worthy of purchase (and those of note that aren't worth it). However, if you wish to really play any of them, it will be necessary to ugprade. So go to a junk yard and find some parts, or rob somebody. That computer should feel lucky it can still handle WC3 and SC.

This is coming from someone who used, as his primary computer for eight years, 800 MHZ and 1 Gig of ram. It's only within the first year and a half that I've had a computer powerful enough to really enjoy PC gaming.

Ah yes, just like my first computer.
6GB hard drive ftw!

6 Gigs? Wow you're spoiled :9

Status
Not open for further replies.