• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Ability Increase

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
For my map, i made a lil thing so when you use a scroll your heroes abilities increase... Problem is, these two spells (maybe even more, i dont know yet) dont work correctly... Alls spells start at lvl 1 and if i get a scroll to increase this move called Crotch Shot, it messes up and doesnt deal damage (like its supposed to, and stuns forever like its not not supposed to do). I checked to see the stats of the move on the increased levels, but nothing was wrong.

EDIT: Not sure if this will help but this is the trigger i use Blademaster (Im aware it leaks, could that be the reason)?
  • Blademaster
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Acquires an item
    • Conditions
      • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Blademaster Spell Upgrade
    • Actions
      • Unit - Increase level of Blademaster Training for (Hero manipulating item)
      • Unit - Increase level of Bladestorm for (Hero manipulating item)
      • Unit - Increase level of Crotch Shot for (Hero manipulating item)
      • Unit - Increase level of Hardened Armor for (Hero manipulating item)
      • Unit - Increase level of Shadow Bolt (Warlock) for (Hero manipulating item)
      • Unit - Increase level of Battle Roar for (Hero manipulating item)
      • Unit - Increase level of Bloodlust for (Hero manipulating item)
      • Game - Display to (All players matching ((Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Blademaster Spell Upgrade)) the text: Congratz! your hero...
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the overhead of (Hero manipulating item) using Abilities\Spells\Undead\DarkRitual\DarkRitualCaster.mdl

Level 11
Are you sure it isnt the ability that is messed up? If the duration is set at 0 that makes it permanent. If that isnt the problem i have no idea what could be wrong unless maybe the hero doesnt have enough levels to have his ability upgraded.

Level 4
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set Abilities[1] = Storm Bolt
      • Set Abilities[2] = Thunder Clap
      • Set Abilities[3] = Bash
  • Untitled Trigger 002
    • Events
    • Conditions
      • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Tome of Experience
      • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Mountain King
    • Actions
      • If ((Level of Abilities[1] for (Triggering unit)) Equal to 3) then do (Do nothing) else do (Unit - Increase level of Abilities[1] for (Triggering unit))
      • If ((Level of Abilities[2] for (Triggering unit)) Equal to 3) then do (Do nothing) else do (Unit - Increase level of Abilities[2] for (Triggering unit))
      • If ((Level of Abilities[3] for (Triggering unit)) Equal to 3) then do (Do nothing) else do (Unit - Increase level of Abilities[3] for (Triggering unit))
I used if/then/else, because if you get ToE and your skill is already 3rd level it will cost 0 mana.

Level 8
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set Abilities[1] = Storm Bolt
      • Set Abilities[2] = Thunder Clap
      • Set Abilities[3] = Bash
  • Untitled Trigger 002
    • Events
    • Conditions
      • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Tome of Experience
      • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Mountain King
    • Actions
      • If ((Level of Abilities[1] for (Triggering unit)) Equal to 3) then do (Do nothing) else do (Unit - Increase level of Abilities[1] for (Triggering unit))
      • If ((Level of Abilities[2] for (Triggering unit)) Equal to 3) then do (Do nothing) else do (Unit - Increase level of Abilities[2] for (Triggering unit))
      • If ((Level of Abilities[3] for (Triggering unit)) Equal to 3) then do (Do nothing) else do (Unit - Increase level of Abilities[3] for (Triggering unit))
I used if/then/else, because if you get ToE and your skill is already 3rd level it will cost 0 mana.

ya i was just gonna get into that, i went and increased my abilities 4 times, and it made them cost 0 mana, have no cooldown, and it was just bugged. +REP for that, but one question, how do i do the last part with the if/then/else? i dont know how you got to that

EDIT: I went to integer comparison so i think i got it

Status
Not open for further replies.