• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Campaign] A Volunteer's Conquest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
AditTechno Presents

A Volunteer's Conquest
Created by AditTechno

Map Info

Starting off fresh! This is a new campaign with a new style! Simple-made systems, but more complicated! The campaign tells about Derek Samson, a survivor of an arson. The main character is set as a unit for easier handling.

Backstory

Derek Samson is just that, a normal person who joined the troops to finally become a knight. He had been training for 4 years in the army, but sadly he was still low-ranked. He lived in a village far south to the "place where the campaign happens". A group of unknown arsonist burned every portion of the village to dust. Only some people survived, and one of them happened to be Derek. With no ration to keep his energy, he kept going north until he found a small town closed by a gate. This is where the story happens.

Features

I put better features in this campaign. Simple-made, but they're awesome!

• Custom abilities!
    This campaign needs a lot of Object Editor work before even moving to putting the units.
  • RP Elements!
    Yes, this time I focus on RP. We can basically do anything we like, i.e. do some side quests that will give you special items.
  • Dynamic Combat System
  • The campaign makes sure to bring you a very dynamic combat, that is, no need to stay static like traditionally anymore! Maneuverability is the key to defeating an enemy here!
  • 5 classes to choose from!
    Initially, you begin as an Apprentice with two customised abilities. As you progress deep into the campaign, you can choose a class! Each class starts with two abilities and they can level up until level 3. Each level unlocks one ability until you unlock your ultimate ability in level 3!
  • Difficulty depends on the class you pick!
    Since making difficulties is a tedious work, I decided to range this based on the class you pick! One class will have more powerful spells than others but weaker attack, or vice versa!

Character Classes

I guess I'll give you spoilers about the character classes, anyways. Each class will have 5 abilities each. Star determines difficulty. Max star is 5.
1. Apprentice (0 star)
This class is the first one you initially become. You start with two abilities.
2. Marksman (3 star)
Marksman is a ranged class. This class relies on the basic attack with fairly distant attack range that will keep the marksman unoccupied. Marksman has a slower attack speed, so it will be quite harder to kill the enemies. Basic attack damage are just average. Abilities are mostly defensive maneuvers. They have quite a few armor.
3. Engineer (2.5 star)
Engineer is a melee class. This class is all about enhancing stuffs. Fair basic attack damage, but moves fast. They can maneuver with basically anything. His abilities rely on buffing and debuffing enemy units. Engineers also do some "hit & run" combat system. They have an average attack speed. They have balanced hit points, armor, and mana.
4. Warrior (4 star)
Warrior is a melee class. This class has that, an army-specific training. The class has a high attack damage and they can even enhance their combat experience. They have a really tough armor and high hit points, but they are just that, a person. Their abilities are basically just passives and they don't even have mana. They have slower attack speed.
5. Necromancer (1.5 star)
Necromancer is a ranged class. This is the easiest class to play. They have a large pool of mana and their abilities are painstakingly powerful, rely on summoning skeletons. However, they move so slow and have a weak attack damage. Their health is also low. They have fair armor, though.
6. Shaman (5 star)
Shaman is a close-ranged class. This is the hardest class to play. They have a fair amount of mana and only rely on totems. They also have weak attack damage but not weaker than the necromancer. The only gift to shamans is that they have a great movement and attack speed, so it's easier to maneuver around your enemy if you want to attack them strategically. They have fair hit points and armor.

Screenshots and Videos

Image Description:
On hold
Image Description:
On hold

Image Description:
When I have one, I'll tell you.

Change Log

There's nothing yet to add but I'll just put it like this for easier editing.

Added:

• xxxxxxxxxx
  • xxxxxxxxxx
  • xxxxxxxxxx

Removed:

• xxxxxxxxxx
  • xxxxxxxxxx
  • xxxxxxxxxx

Fixed:

• xxxxxxxxxx
  • xxxxxxxxxx
  • xxxxxxxxxx

Changed:

• xxxxxxxxxx
  • xxxxxxxxxx
  • xxxxxxxxxx

Credits

No, I still haven't used any custom stuffs yet, so this is pending.

Author's notes

Fresh start, scrap Azeroth Defenders. I want a simpler but more complicated system. The system is more complicated but easier to implement. The terrains are now fully by me. The file will be uploaded after Chapter One is finished.
Map Description Template Created by -Kobas-
Find more here: Map Description - Templates

Last edited:

Deleted member 242951

D

Deleted member 242951

So it looks like you're just getting started.
I like the classes being able to determine difficulties part.
But I have one question, you said the player starts as an apprentice, so does it mean we switch classes as the story progresses, or are we free to choose our class in the beginning of future chapters?

In any case, good luck with your project, hoping to see some screenshots/videos and more updates soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 16
But I have one question, you said the player starts as an apprentice, so does it mean we switch classes as the story progresses or we are free to choose our class in the beginning of future chapters ?
We can only switch the class in Chapter One, and that's the class we're going to use the whole game. In Chapter One, the main character is like, trained, by completing quests for the person who teaches you the class. For every chapter passed, the main character gains a level in that class and unlocks a new ability. Anyway, you can't stay as an Apprentice.
EDIT: The part before Chapter One is a prologue.
In any case, good luck with your project, hoping to see some screenshots/videos and more information soon .
Thank you, I'll be sure to continue the campaign again when it's free time and I've finished my second EP.

Level 16
Great news!
A Volunteer's Conquest has reached Beta Stage 1.
What's new in Beta Stage 1?
- Finished every description, tooltip, and customisation of abilities.
- Balancing out the relevance of abilities.

What to seek in Beta Stage 2?
- Complete the classes that the main character will become.
- Complete spells that need some triggering touches.
- Testing out the abilities.

When the campaign has reached Beta Stage 7, the system are all complete and it's time to go to Alpha Stage 1. Once Alpha Stage 1 is complete, I will upload the file in this thread.

Stay tuned!

Status
Not open for further replies.