• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

A stealth skill that creates a mirror image and one that creates a crater?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
First, I want a wind walk skill to make my hero invisible, then create a mirror image of himself and another ability hat makes the hero jump, and then at the landing point creates a crater. (Like Jarvan's ultimate from LoL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgOdf3x24qA). I already have the "leap" ability so I only need the one to create the crater. I'm thinking about making it create around 8 dummies with rocky models around the caster, in a circle. Could someone make their triggers for me, please?:ogre_rage:

Level 7
Hmm, for the first thing, I'd base a spell off the Mirror Image ability from a Blademaster to make a mirror image of your hero. Once he casts that, make a dummy unit cast Invisibility on him.

Level 3
Hmm, for the first thing, I'd base a spell off the Mirror Image ability from a Blademaster to make a mirror image of your hero. Once he casts that, make a dummy unit cast Invisibility on him.
Wow, thanks man. Totally forgot about the invisibility spell. I haven't played Warcraft 3 in a while.
That should work fine but how do i make a trigger that spawns, let's say, around 8 units in a circle around the caster? so i can make that crater.

Level 7
That's a bit more difficult. To do that I assume you'd have to do some circle-y calculations which most probably involve trigonometry and maybe even Pi (although I don't think so). You could Google and see if you can find something about this. I recall seeing a tutorial about calculating circle angles, although I think that it was about movement.

On the other hand, you could make/get a model of a sort of crater which has a birth animation which is coming out from the ground, and a death animation of exploding (or whatever), and simply trigger to create and kill that. That's what Jarvas' crater looked like, although I could be wrong. But even if you make this, the pathing could still be tricky (dunno for sure though).

I'll see if I can come up with something, but see how those ideas work out.

Status
Not open for further replies.