• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

A problem thats destroying my TD :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
For some reason i can't get my projectiles from any of my towers to home in on its target. Sometimes ill get lucky and all the shots will connect, then the wave is over in seconds, other times none of the blows will connect and ill lose instantly. This problem is making it extremely hard for me to balance my TD, anybody know what im doin wrong? I already checked the projectile homing enabled box, so whats wrong?
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• TD no music.w3x
    661.4 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
Level 8
O ya, thats the thing i forgot to mention, the two that im having the problems with atm are the Pain Tower and Soul Tower.

Level 40
Soul Tower looks fine, it doesn't even have an attack type that should matter in this case.

For pain tower, Projectile Homing Enabled is set to false. Try setting it to True.

EDIT: Oh, I see what's wrong with Soul Tower. You want it to have 1500 range, but it only has 700. Change Combat-Acquisition Range to 1500 and you should be good to go.

Level 8
The range was another problem too, so what is acquisition range anyway? The maximum distance a target can be away from the tower before it starts firing?
Either way thanks for the help, and i think i got what i need so you can go ahead and close this thread, thanks!:infl_thumbs_up:

Level 40
Acquisition Range is the range a unit will autoacquire an enemy and start chasing them at. Eg. If a Grunt had 700 Acquisition Range, it would chase enemies that it could see that came within 700 distance of it.

If range > acquisition range, range = acquisition range. It's annoying, but you have to live with it >_>

Status
Not open for further replies.