• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

A New Member's Around The Horizon...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Umm...Hi Guys, Imma kiraly28. Im New Here So Plz Help Me Around. I Am Currently Working On A DotA-Theme Map And There Are Some Help I Need. They Are:
-A Draenei Paladin Model(Not Wc3Campaigns One It's Portrait Is Broken)
-A Spell Which Causes A Hero To Be Able To Shoot Storm Bolt At Random Multiple Targets In A Point(AOE).

Hope Ur Can Help Me Out! Plz Message Me If You Wnna Help In My Making Of The Map. Ideas & Comments Will Be Gladly Accepted! :grin:

Level 32
Welcome to The Hive Workshop!

Greetings kiraly28. The Hive includes many talented Warcraft III modders of all skill levels among its users. New members (especially friendly ones) are always welcome. Take a look around and enjoy your stay, may it be long and productive!

Some good places to start include:Searching the site using the above link always helps, you can learn a lot that way: just reading and learning is usually the best place to start, especially if one feels overwhelmed.

Likewise, the tutorials can really teach ALL of us a thing or two.

The chat room is cool: lots of people can answer questions there.
  • A few other tips that might help too:
    • Always search first! Did I already mention THAT? :grin:
    • When creating a new thread, make the title VERY specific: so the site's search engine (and we users) can easily understand just what the thread contains.
    • Post your new threads in the proper forum: read the descriptions of each one so that you know what to post there.
    • If all else fails, just send me a private message! I'll try to do whatever I can to help.

Level 1
Well.... as u can see, Im new here. im having problems with making a map that im on it since July (i think).

My problem is simple and a bit noob: I cant import models! they just doesnt appear at the Import File when I active it and go to the paste of my models (all downloaded from here).

another thing: I am looking for a program (2 would be awesome) to protect maps. Thx for all!

-------------If u noticed, im trying to learn english, I'm not american or british. Sorry about mistakes!--------------------------

Level 2
Thanks guys for all ur support and u guys' warm welcome. As ragingspeedhorn said, i didn't capitalise every word...lol anyway and thanks to Wolverabid for ur advise. Also, Conconnor or sumthing sry i forgot to import models, make sure ur model is in <<Name Of Model>>.mdx form, and to import, open Import Manager in the World Editor, and go to the location of ur model. Import it and u do not need to change the path for the model. If there is a skin for the model, its either Textures\<<Skin Name>> or just delete the war3imported thingy. If it doesnt work, you can reply me again here. Also plz reply if u guys have the Draenei Paladin model. :thumbs_up:

Ok, to protect ur map, im not 100% sure but u dnt need a program I heard. You just have to import a empty file and change its path to something that I forgot you can check from TheHelper.net or other sites because im not 100% sure its at TheHelper.net. Hope this will help ya with ur map. :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 1
Thanks guy. Ill try to do that to import my stuff.

My problem was that the importing files doesnt appear.lol.

But, what was that about protecting?Its just cause I cannot launch a map before protect it.... Thx for the help

-------------------:thumbs_up:----------------

Level 2
To Conconnor (Mistaken Problem LOL)

Ok, sorry for my mistake on ur importing problem. But u said u cnot see the files u imported. U mean u can import stuff but they dnt appear or u cant even import it? if its u can import but cant c means wrong path for model's skin and if u cant import it, i advise u download another version of the World Editor such as UMSWE World Editor and try. Sorry I cant offer u the link because i forgotten bout it. It shld be in the Tools Section of HiveWorkShop. Just to introduce the map im making, here is the introduction.
Map Name: HiveWorkShop BattleGrounds
Map Type: Hero Defence Or DotA Style Or Watever LOL
Working Status : 1/5 Or 20%
Help Needed: Draenei Paladin Model, Storm Bolt Multiple Targets
Featured Hero:
Draenei Paladin (Intelligence)
1st Spell: Gift Of The Naaru
Level1: Heals A Target Friendly Not Undead Unit For 0.5 X Int + 50
Level2: Heals A Target Friendly Not Undead Unit For 1.0 X Int + 100
Level3: Heals A Target Friendly Not Undead Unit For 1.5 X Int + 150
Level4: Heals A Target Friendly Not Undead Unit For 2.0 X Int + 200

2nd Spell:Electrify Crisis(Melee Spell Blizzard With Special Effects Changed)
Level1:5 Waves, 5 Shards Each, 45 Damage From Each Wave.
Level2:6 Waves, 6 Shards Each, 65 Damage From Each Wave.
Level3:7 Waves, 7 Shards Each, 85 Damage From Each Wave.
Level4:8 Waves, 8 Shards Each, 105 Damage From Each Wave.

3rd Spell:Force Of Draenor(Featured Spell)
Level1:Creates A Shield Around A Friendly Unit. Gives 5% Attack Bonus, 3 Defence Bonus. Will Disperse 75 Damage To ALL Units When Target Unit Is Attacked 5 Times.
Level2:Creates A Shield Around A Friendly Unit. Gives 10% Attack Bonus, 4 Defence Bonus. Will Disperse 150 Damage To ALL Units When Target Unit Is Attacked 6 Times.
Level3:Creates A Shield Around A Friendly Unit. Gives 15% Attack Bonus, 5 Defence Bonus. Will Disperse 225 Damage To ALL Units When Target Unit Is Attacked 7 Times.
Level4:Creates A Shield Around A Friendly Unit. Gives 20% Attack Bonus, 7 Defence Bonus. Will Disperse 300 Damage To ALL Units When Target Unit Is Attacked 5 Times.

4th Spell:Oceanic Fissure(Ultimate)
Description: Summons 9 Waves Of Damaging Tides, Each Wave With A 50% Chance of Summoning A Water Elemental.
Level1:Deals 200 Damage With Each Wave, 50% Chance Of Summoning A Level 1 Water Elemental.
Level2:Deals 300 Damage With Each Wave, 50% Chance Of Summoning A Level 2 Water Elemental.
Level3:Deals 400 Damage With Each Wave, 50% Chance Of Summoning A Level 3 Water Elemental.

Hope ur all guys can giv ur comments on tis hero.
Oh ya, this map is a big update from Johan Samuelsson's HCL Ver3.7.
Shoutout to him for his wonderful map. Credits to him too. Sorry to Samuelsson for not informing you.

Level 12
Hi Kiraly28 and welcome to the Hive

the Map Type of your map is AoS(Aeon of Strife) and im working on a map of the same type

the Random Storm Bolt trigger goes something like this
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
  • Condition
    • (Ability being cast) Equal to YourSpell
  • Actions
    • Set Point = (Position of (Casting unit))
    • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Random 5 units from (Units within 500.00 of Point matching ((((Matching unit) is A structure) Equal to False) and ((Owner of (Matching unit)) Not equal to (Owner of (Casting unit)))))) and do (Actions)
      • Loop - Actions
        • Unit - Create 1 Dummy for (Owner of (Casting unit)) at Point facing Default building facing
        • Unit - Add Storm Bolt(Dummy) to (Last Created unit)
        • Unit - Order (Last Created unit) to Human Mountain King - Storm Bolt (Picked unit)
        • Unit - Add a 2 second expiration timer to (Last Created unit)
there are 2 things you should know about this trigger though
1. It will cast Storm Bolt(Dummy) on 5 random Enemies within 500 Range of the Caster, not the Point of where the caster wants. To change this, simply replace the Set Point = (Position of (Casting unit)) with Set Point = (Target point of ability being cast)

2. This trigger is not Leak Free. Learn more about Memory Leaks and why they are so bad in the Things That Leak thread.

If you need further help, post it in one of the help zones and people will hopefully help you

Last edited:
Level 2
Thanks...

Thanks RazorBrain for your wonderful GUI trigger for multiple storm bolt altho u mentioned its not leak free lol. Oso, must i use the same way to slow multiple units? I mean use ur method and just that i giv dummy unit the slow ability? Thanks anyway diaox. :grin:

Level 2
My New Featured Hero!!!

Hi guys heres my new featured hero using the Demon Knight model(the one with the purple flames head).
Strength based Hero.
Ability1(Dummy)-Spiritual Block(Suggest new name thx)
Basically it is just sumthing like lightning shield to work as a combo with custom models to make it look cool so i wont explain on tis.

Ability2(HeavilyTriggered)Spirit Burn
It is sumthing like immolation but stronger.(Not balanced yet)
When it is activated, absorbs tons of mana and deals part of the hero's life to units in 500 radius around it. it takes part of the damage as well.(So tt it is nt gay spell)

Ability3(SimplyTriggered)Heat Up
Passive ability.
Deals part of movement speed as bonus damage(magic).
5/10/15/20% of movement speed.

Ability4(SimplyTriggered)Forgotten Name lol wil remember soon...
Passive ability.
When a unit it attacks has life below 50% of its max life, the hero will deal part of its life(nt max) to it.
2/4/5% of current life of hero.

Plz giv ur comments asap as i need ur ideas to continue working on my map. New hero ideas are welcome in this post. :infl_thumbs_up:

Level 12
maybe make a thread in the Map Development zone and release a full scaled information about the map? More people will get thier attention on the map and give suggestions and such.

if you do that, i must give you a tip before you start. Since you are making a AoS map, don't involve the name Dota in either the Topic Name or the description, since many people around here dislikes Dota. Maybe say( in the description) that it is a AoS map, like DotA, "Insert name here" and "Another name here" if you know any other AoS maps.

Example : "My map is an AoS map(like DotA, HoSK and EotA)"

Good luck on the map by the way

Level 2
Help Needed!!!

Umm guys i need help on 1 spell i wan to make but i dn noe hw. It is a chain spell that will absorb life equal to number of counters/tokens that the hero can absorb frm a corpse nearby through another spell given when u learn tis ability. The chain spell will absorb life equal to number of counters/tokens X (certain amount). Can anyone tell me hw to do it? Thx anyway. :razz:

Status
Not open for further replies.