• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

A Land Divided AoS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
The map is entitled A Land Divided, and is an AoS style map designed and balanced around the premise of 3 teams of 3 players and 1 AI each, battling it out to determine who shall arise from the ashes of war victorious.

As with nearly all AoS style maps, the ultimate goal is to destroy the enemy castles. Once an enemy team's castle has been destroyed, all of the players of that team are removed from the game. In order to achieve victory, players will have to choose from one of the 44 custom heroes in one of four "towers" which function like taverns. Heroes have detailed descriptions and a ratings system which will help you to choose what you want to play even if you have no idea yet what any of the classes do or have never played the map before.

Team killing is prohibited, and enforced by pain of death! If you attempt to destroy an allied structure, unit or hero while it is above 15% health, you will be instantly killed and will await respawn back at your team's spawn location. If the targets however are below this percentage, you will be allowed to destroy allied units and structures in order to deny your enemy the satisfaction as well as the reward for the kills. The sole exceptions to this rule are keeps and castles, which may never under any circumstances be attacked or destroyed by allied players.

There are many custom items available for purchase both in shops within the three teams' bases, and marketplaces found throughout the wilderness which completely restock their inventories with random combinations of items every 20 seconds. In addition to standard items which may be purchased and even dropped from creeps found within the untamed wilds of this war-torn land, there are recipes which may be formed from a combination of the recipe itself and the items it calls for. When combined, these items will form the item described by the recipe itself, allowing for further customization of your class by granting it increases in various statistics, increased power and new abilities which it would not normally have.

The troops spawned by your faction's AI and sent out into battle with your enemies may also be upgraded from your personal War Academy found in the back of your base near the fountains of restoration. In addition to providing these upgrades, the War Academy is also equipped with an inventory or "stash" for storing items. The upgrades range from increased structural health and armor, tower damage, and basic troop statistics to increases in the summoned unit hitpoints of all allied players. In addition to the armies select classes may summon forth through magic and abilities, standard issue armies may be purchased at Training Grounds found throughout the wilderness. These purchased troops will also gain the effect of any research upgrades which effect the specified troop types, and can be used to fortify base defenses or help in the push against impending enemy battlefronts. You can even use them to assist in the killing of enemy players, should you choose to do so.

With all of the options available to a player with which to wage war, the most important is undoubtedly the character classes themselves. The most important thing to me was to make every class with evident strength and weaknesses, so that they may be powerful in certain cases and truly shine against select enemies, and to be more easily overcome against others. There are some heroes which will destroy buildings, and if allowed to run rampant they will devastate your team by hitting where it hurts most : Your keeps (which control unit production for their respective lanes). However in single combat these classes tend to be overshadowed by classes which are better suited for it. Everything is based on my attempts to bring forth fun competitive gameplay, and I have done much to ensure that there is some balance within the mechanics of the available classes.

For more information via a list of general features please visit the following link which contains the current version of the map itself:

A Land Divided AoS v3.0 FINAL - The Hive Workshop - A Warcraft III Modding Site

Any feedback would be appreciated. Currently the only issue that I'm not taking seriously is the opinion that I should make it look like God puked all over the terrain with more stuff going onto it than necessary. Any feedback other than this would be considered quite helpful. If there were any ideas which I felt could help improve the map I would definitely give them serious attention and possibly implement such suggestions. The map is currently a lot of fun for my friends and I, and I wanted to know what some people at the Hive would have to say about it. Keep in mind that this is not supposed to reinvent an old game or an old genre within it, but just present a fun map with balanced gameplay and a lot of things to do beyond just managing your hero.

Thanks in advance, guys.

-NeverDeath.

Status
Not open for further replies.