• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

A horrific conversion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twi

Twi

Level 1
~Mmkay, for my newest project [Seen below], I am requiring turning units into zombies for my my first Quest, through the use of Dark Conversion. Problem being, the converted unit stays on it's original side, like I want it to. Test are being run, but being the amateur Mapper I am, I might not be able to solve the problem solo.

Level 1
THis is hilarious. I just logged on because I am wondering the excact same thing myself. If anyone could help, it would be much appreciated.

Level 3
do you want it to convert it to your team? or to stay on whatever team it was on?

either way...

• Conversion
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Dark Conversion
    • Actions
      • Unit - Change ownership of (Target unit of ability being cast) to (Owner of (Triggering unit)) and Change color
if you want it to be on your team after casting, use that. if you want it to stay on the same team, change the (Triggering Unit) to (Target unit of ability being cast). im not sure which of the two you wanted, but this trigger is easily changed to do both.

Level 1
do you want it to convert it to your team? or to stay on whatever team it was on?

either way...

• Conversion
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Dark Conversion
    • Actions
      • Unit - Change ownership of (Target unit of ability being cast) to (Owner of (Triggering unit)) and Change color
if you want it to be on your team after casting, use that. if you want it to stay on the same team, change the (Triggering Unit) to (Target unit of ability being cast). im not sure which of the two you wanted, but this trigger is easily changed to do both.

How embaressing, that is the trigger I had with the exception of the event -- I had unit 'finishes' casting ability as the event. This made the difference, it works now.

Thank you so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.