• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Defense / Survival] A end to the long journey of mapmaking. DotT Final+ [Requesting Player Reviews]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Dear all,

Four years ago, I started map making. It was really bad at first, not knowing anything about it. Throughout these years, I had learned and improved my game. Every night, I went to sleep thinking of how to make my game more challenging and exciting.

I had thought of quitting map making many times due to the immense difficulty of resolving unknown bugs and crashes but I keep coming back due to my love for map making and playing the game with my friends. I was also motivated by the feedbacks i received on improving the game and increasing popularity on sites like epicwar and on Garena servers.

3 months ago, my hard disk was lost. Gone with it was my only copy of unprotected DotT Final. I forgotten about this until fifteen minutes ago, i stumbled upon my DotT map link on my bookmarks. I took the time to write this message hoping you can give it a thorough review before I lay this beloved game of mine to rest.

If you are willing to review my game, there are some things to take note of before you play it.

1) You MAY experience random critical error when 7 or more high graphic spells are cast at the same time.

-> I had done a leak clean up twice on all my triggers but it still occurs. Checked with forum nobody can solve it.

2) The terrain is plain, for a reason.

-> More doodads increase loading time, which is already quite long for my game. Furthermore, I believe a hero siege game does not focus much on the terrain but more on the gameplay, therefore i only place them when it is necessary.

3) There is a learning curve.

Every player who played my game for the first time says it is hard, cant be won etc. That's because it requires skill, tactical movements, knowledge of item & skill builds and access some secret areas to clear the game *easily*. I will recommend at least 4 players for balanced enjoyment.

I hope that you can play it a few times with a group of friends before writing a review as this is a finished work of something that was worked and improved on constantly over the past 3 years with my group of friends for testing to the state it is today.

Thanks and best regards,
Dragoncy

Map link -> http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/dott-final-v1-3-a-164658/

Level 19
without reviewing the map...

1) most likely due to using a player variable that has no value or removing a player
2) not true at all. an extra minute of load time really makes your map stand out in terrain awesomeness... would you rather wait a minute and get mcdonalds or wait 10 minutes and get a fillet?
3) this is a problem... make your map more noob-friendly, a learning curve doesnt mean that your players need to learn how to play its just that your not teahcng them and assuming to figure it out on their own
4) screenshots make any map description, im sad that you dont have any to show off your *awesome* terrain

I'll test out the map if I have the time, but seriously...

Level 6
Me also have that same experience...i have created many maps...with 3 only uploaded to hive...at first i encountered many problems like crush...unknown bugs..and hard to understand triggers...i tried to quit on modding..but with my friends encouragement...i register to hiveworkshop..study things...play maps...and now finally i created the best map i ever made...i have finally recieved the Recommended rating...and it is really WORTH DYING FOR!!!..

Status
Not open for further replies.