• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

a better "bounty" system for td's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
  • Unit dies
    • Events
      • Unit - Any Unit dies
    • Local Variables
      • Bounty = 0 <Integer>
    • Conditions
      • ((Killing unit) kills (Current)) != 0
    • Actions
      • Variable - Set Bounty = mineralspermob[Wave number]
      • Player - Modify player (Killing player) Minerals: Add Bounty
      • Text Tag - Create a text tag with the text ("+" + (Text(Bounty))) for (All players), using a font size of 24, at (Position of (Triggering unit)) and height offset 1.0 (initially Visible) can also set whether false is enforced
      • Text Tag - Set Duration time for (Last created text tag) to 1.5 seconds
      • Sound - Play [BLANK] for (All players) on (Triggering unit) with Z offset 0.0 (at 100.0% volume, skip the first 0.0 seconds)
adds the "+5!" text when you kill a unit, also easy to set how much minerals you want a mob or wave to drop, td's to this point don't have the texttags which takes away from the fun.

also the sound is currently blank as im not sure what to use for it yet

seems a fairly obvious solution but i've not seen it in the wild, so i've shared it.

edit:
Colonel Lance said:
It's quite easy to make a "bounty" in the data editor, however it won't play a sound or make the text. All you do is go to the unit that is dying, go to the field named "(None) - Kill Resource" and set the minerals to however many you want when that unit is killed.

Last edited:
Level 1
Dr Super Good, while the vespene gas seems to correspond to gold given the resource unit (one place where workers enter to collect resources), minerals are the resource corresponding to gold, as minerals are the "base resource" while vespene is the "luxury resource".

Level 2
I've not found any method inside the data editor yet, nor has anyone else looking at whats been put out.

Not that i'm sure its not there, it just literally doesn't seem to have been dug up.

Level 3
It's quite easy to make a "bounty" in the data editor, however it won't play a sound or make the text. All you do is go to the unit that is dying, go to the field named "(None) - Kill Resource" and set the minerals to however many you want when that unit is killed.

Level 2
d'oh its right there, thats cool.

still favouring this for the text, and since you've got to build an array to hold the amount dropped for it anyway, i'll leave the "kill-resources" blank.

Status
Not open for further replies.