• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

A Backstory Idea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
First off, no prefixes could fit this thread correctly for it is not an idea for a map ... at least not now, anyway.

Skip the next two paragraphs if you just want the idea ...

Secondly, the idea! Okay, so I was fooling around on the World Editor when I had this crazy idea! I got into WoW, went out to Elwynn Forest and listed every mob and NPC I found. Then, I came back onto the WE and started creating those mobs/NPCs. Then, I created the terrain, but it turned out real weird and everything, so I started to create my own terrain, like Elwynn Forest reborn or something.

But then I had another crazy idea! Why not replace the mobs and NPCs from WoW with made-up ones and the areas to create a map? So, I saved my Elwynn Forest map and got out a new one and BAM!, the idea hit me ... I started with one race, and then I shaped it and eventually had a solid story plot!

"Long ago, in a time locked in dreadful war, two old races fought to the brink of extinction. The Huian Empire, walking fish and knowledge-keepers, and the Yekomi Lore-Wanderers. They fought over intellect, living on a continent ravaged by conflict, and scarred by intensified power. Even the Guardians could not separate the battle-lusted warlords of both Empires.

The Guardians were extremely powerful beings that work for the Creators. But before destroying, they try to work it out by talking. The talking was over, and the guardians grew impossibly impatient. They said that if the world didn't calm down, it would be imploded by the core. After so much new knowledge of the place, the Hui would've hated if it happened. They immediately put down their weapons and approached the Yekom people for a more diplomatic approach. However, being enemies for hundreds of years, the Yekom saw this as a threat and attacked the Hui on sight.

It is usually believed that the early Yekom people were humans ... that is, before the Creators returned. The Guardians began to prepare rituals on a close planets, but the Wise Ones, or the Elder, came back holding an orb in their hands. The orb was called Humanity, and evolved living plants into a being called the Human. The Creators had already tried it on a smaller world, and were ready to forge a new race. But once they got there, noticing the ritual, they halted it.

Being wiser then anything else in reality, and more powerful, the Creator-Lord stepped forward and turned the Yekomi people into monkeys. The name backwards is actually Yeknom, but the Creator's despised the King of Demons, Naran, and thus also the letter "N". Yekom, and the Yekomi is just something the people themselves made up. Whether the Creators had this planned, seeing as the Hui were always the wisest, or whether it is just a coincidence is unknown, but one of the Elder is a future-seer.

Thus, the Yekom became monkeys and the Hui rose to power. Humans were born on the planet soon after and, with the guidance of the Hui, became sapient enough to handle themselves. But one problem for this was that Humanity tired out and grew hotter and hotter, even hotter then the Creators themselves to handle. So they threw it into the night sky to become what the humans called the Sun. It eventually enlarged, growing bigger and bigger until it sustained human life.

But something went wrong in the creation of the Yekom monkeys. They were too smart, still, and soon they'd learning to control their new forms, holding primitive weapons and building new huts. That's when a great two versus one war was announced. The humans and Hui versus the Yekom.

The Creators left and the guardians re-slept. They were only awakened when great wars ended, so they could assess any damage. Nothing stopped this war full of treacherous, foul and traitorous play. They all secretly wanted power again, but each one never knew the others' intentions. The humans were the youngest race ever, so of course they wanted to prove themselves. The Hui were power-hungry, wanting more magic throughout time. The Yekom simply wanted to regain their territorial leadership over the other races.

So the war began, hundreds of soldiers entering the battlefield until their own lusted leadership. The Hui alliance won the first battle, but the Yekom won any after that. Even the guardians were worried that the Creators had accidentally infused the Yekom with some kind of power. They could watch wars in their 'dreams'. But the truth was revealed when the Hui sent in a spy ...

Naran, the actual demon-lord, was awake underneath the very soil. How he got there was unknown at the time. He'd obviously corrupted the Yekom to do his wish. They were digging down for more minerals when they fell upon a massive cavern. Excited, they continued until they came to a massive lava pit. Strangely, the pit was icy cold. The temperature was actually all of Naran's feelings. Hatred, curses, fears and strengths.

The Yekom looked down into the pit and saw a swirling vortex. Inside was someone ... or something ... that cursed them at that minute. A shrine had even been set up as to worship him. Then, as if timing could be no worse, the Humans disbanded their alliance with the Hui. Their reason was that they couldn't trust them and thought they were lying about Naran. The humans had become too fond of being allied with the most advanced race ever and thought they themselves could become more advanced one day. They needed to be taught a lessen, in the Hui's eyes. A big lesson.

Another war broke out, but at that precise moment, something terrible happened. Timing could be worse. The Creators had returned, and they weren't happy with Naran."

So, basically, I want to know what you Hive guys think and whether It'd make a good map? Also, this isn't finished, obviously, because I'm planning for a pretty massive war between Naran's demons and the Creator's minions (Hui and Humans). I'm not sure where the Yekom come in, though, whether they do or not.

Last edited:
Level 7
Yes, and unfourtunatly I have to agree with you there :p.

But this Backstory will probably become a map and that's basically what I'm trying to get to the community, whether this'll make a good map or not.

Anyway, thanks for replying.

Level 3
Is this discussion still there?
Still, If it is I suggest that the Hui, being walking fish like beings be murlocs and humans be humans, but the Yekom, im not sure whether you could find enough resources to make that race so put in another story line to change that,

Without the Yekom problem it is a pretty doable map :D

Status
Not open for further replies.