• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

_double spell_

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hey guys, I just messing in WE, when I figured out that I need help.

Let's say I have an ability called storm bolt.I would like to make a passive that does the following action: When the hero hits lvl X, I would like him to *Double Hit* with storm bolt.
You don't got it?When I use storm bolt on someome, it fires 2 hammers, one after another. (I don't wanna use engineer upgrade using 2x damage, I just want the hero to fire 2 hammers.)
I'm sure it's possible because I saw it on a map, and thanks!!

(PS: don't mind my bad english, I hope you know what I mean:grin:)

^ Done

Another thing that I need help with: I wanna make a custom spell based on Death Coil, but I want the projectile to be bigger.Hmm, any ideea?:cute:

Last edited:
Level 10
Use a trigger that fires of when a spell is cast check if it's the right spell and if the hero has the right level. Then create a dummy that has another version of the spell, but with a small cast time so the spells don't occur at the same time :)

Level 3
Use a trigger that fires of when a spell is cast check if it's the right spell and if the hero has the right level. Then create a dummy that has another version of the spell, but with a small cast time so the spells don't occur at the same time :)

Will those spells have the "exact" same origin? Couldn't you give your hero a second spell (at location 0, 0, for example) that the player can't use, that a trigger has the hero use every time you cast Storm Bolt?

Level 16
1. Create a dummy unit with 999999 mana and 1000 mana regeneration
2. Add specific buff to your ''Double Spell'' Ability
3. Implement this trigger:
  • Double Strike
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • ((Triggering unit) has buff Devotion Aura) Equal to True
      • -------- Add more conditions if you want to --------
    • Actions
      • Set TempPoint = (Position of (Triggering unit))
      • Unit - Create 1 Footman for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at TempPoint facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Add a 2.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempPoint)
      • Unit - Add (Ability being cast) to (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Set level of (Ability being cast) for (Last created unit) to (Level of (Ability being cast) for (Triggering unit))
      • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Human Mountain King - Storm Bolt (Target unit of ability being cast)

Level 4
1. Create a dummy unit with 999999 mana and 1000 mana regeneration
2. Add specific buff to your ''Double Spell'' Ability
3. Implement this trigger:
  • Double Strike
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • ((Triggering unit) has buff Devotion Aura) Equal to True
      • -------- Add more conditions if you want to --------
    • Actions
      • Set TempPoint = (Position of (Triggering unit))
      • Unit - Create 1 Footman for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at TempPoint facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Add a 2.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempPoint)
      • Unit - Add (Ability being cast) to (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Set level of (Ability being cast) for (Last created unit) to (Level of (Ability being cast) for (Triggering unit))
      • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Human Mountain King - Storm Bolt (Target unit of ability being cast)
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.