• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

4D Games??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
Hey there gamers!

We all know that there are two categories of games judging by the graphics:
2D
-and-
3D

But what if, in the future, we will have 4D games?

Tell your opinion, how would they be if they ever exist?

For those who aren't sure:
1st Dimension
2nd Dimension
3rd Dimension
4th Dimension
=
=
=
=
Length
Width
Depth
Time
Currently manipulable
Currently manipulable
Currently manipulable at a virtual only level
Currently NOT manipulable in any way other than timing

I say that, if they will exist, the 4th dimension will be manipulable trough the player's mind.
I mean, in future we will probably use brain-computers and/or brain-games.

Why do we need screens with limited resolutions, limited frames, processors with limited calculations per second, able to do only very basic operations and access only memory from RAM (while the human brain can do 1013 to 1016 calculations per second, but much more complex and much more powerfull, and also access any data stored in it) and heat up to 325 K (while the human brain doesn't), limited RAM, and limited hard disks (while the human brain can store 3.6 x 10^19 bytes... 36000000000000000000 bytes... 36000000 TerraBytes... 36 quintillion bytes that have the role of both RAM and Hard Disk!) and being so adicted to a kernel (As long as we don't need to make real-life games, we won't need the human brain to comunicate with the other nervous centers to simulate a virtual reality!).
Even more, the more energy you give to the human brain, the faster and more powerfull it will be! 10 watts are used only for calculations... And it doesn't need cooling. Sugar isn't that expensive... (But converting it to energy without killing the host-body will cost... a lot...)
There are also equivalents to different inputs of the PC: accelerometer (ears), camera (eyes), microphone (ears), pressure sensors (skin)... and more (that the computer doesn't have)

So why not simulating the game in the human brain? This would allow manipulation of all 10 dimensions...

Hey, we will have Windows Neuro, Mac OS N and Neurolinux to download on our brains! :xxd:
(Yes, that's right! If we download Windows Neuro, we will randomly fall asleep, crash, reset and viruses will totally take over our bodies... If we use Mac OS N, it will be the best and if we use Neurolinux we will host the best servers...)
How about exter-neuro-net? :xxd: Trough pheromones, probably.

Let's hear your opinion!

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

I prefer shiiK OS.

The 4th dimension has already been implemented in a few games, well.. most games feature the element of time, but these few allow you to manipulate time, and thus I guess they could be considered 4D. It's just that when we talk about GRAPHICS, there is no more than 3 dimensions.

Level 6
They already have mind-reading headsets. Look up Emotive.

If anything 4D wouldn't be time really, it would probably be something else like weight or physics, or something that incorporated senses other than sight and sound, like have wind or something. I always wanted to make a game that had wind and stuff, like when you walked in front of a fan or something. I got a little ways, I made a fan turn on when you pushed W in an electronics class, but that was it. Or using solid models instead of surface.

Status
Not open for further replies.