• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

3rd person camera MULTIPLAYER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
can anyone help me to make a 3rd person camera for multiplayer.. ive seen 3rd person camera trigger here.. but its not for multiplayer.. please do help me..

PLEASE

This is my favorite one:
http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=104786

Just do:
  • Set TempUnit = <Some Unit>
  • Set TempPlayer = Player 1 (Red)
  • Custom script: call EnableThirdPersonCam(udg_TempPlayer, udg_TempUnit, 0)
After importing the script into your system. Note that it requires JASS NewGen Pack. The thread itself has a cool demo map, and it also includes a tutorial for GUI users trying to use the system.

My 3rd person multi player map with GUI triggers if you are interested. Its very simple and I have comments to explain what most triggers do. I have also improved it quite a bit but I am at work and I don't have my newer version with me. I would be happy to help you out as you develop your own system as well. Look at mine and get a sense of what you need your system to do. Everyone will want different features. For example my system allows the user to turn the 3rd person cam on and off with up and down arrows. My new system uses an ability which I like better and it also has a camera rotate feature with arrow keys. You can also make a key movement system, which allows the unit to rotate rather than the camera, so its all about what you need it to do. When I get home I can send you the new version. There is also a way to make the system MUI, but I haven't mastered that yet. There are also a lot of other things to consider like fog and black masks and adding a sky. Anyway, hit me back if you have any questions or want to see my current project. I really like 3rd person cam systems, they can look really nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.