• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • ✅ The POLL for Hive's Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Vote for the TOP 3 SKINS! 🔗Click here to cast your vote!

3D Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi everyone! I'm having a problem with my models. Assume I get Illidan and decide his blades are too heavy for him, so I remove them. I also make minor changes to him (because he has a demon form that always shows with shadows electricity, ect.) and save him. Fine. I import him to my map. Fine. I test my map. Not Fine. Illidan's portrait has vanished!! :cry: Why? How do I alter character portraits??

Level 2
*demonic laugh* thanks!!! Right, onto the next problem. I want Illidan's blades. I want them black. Can I just find Illidan's model and delete Illidan, edit them and then save them or is there another way to do it? And how can I repaint them?

I'm using Vexter Modifier with W3 Viewer and and mdx converter

I want Illidan's blades. I want them black. Can I just find Illidan's model and delete Illidan, edit them and then save them or is there another way to do it?
Cut out everything so you just have one blade. Then move it around so the blade is facing downwards and the handle is at the origin. Then use attachments to attach it how you want. (Look in the tutorial section for a tutorial on attachments)

And how can I repaint them?
Skin it. You can also find some good tutorials here about how to skin things.

Status
Not open for further replies.