• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Trigger] 2d-array in GUI?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
declare the normal array of size sizex * sizey
when you want to use it, lets say you named it arr just do arr[y*sizex+x]

Level 2
yeah. been doing a lot of java work for school. Im starting to learn jass at the moment, but i dont want to slow down the work on my map to spend all of my time going over jass functions.

Thank you for your votes of confidence =)

i'll try tinkering with atropos's idea, but i foresee overlaps in my pointers.

I know jass isnt a full language...but @)(&% i hope the second language really is the hardest. Cant get it out of my head "well, i could do ...no..no I cant, I dont know how yet.."

edit: ah, only anything times 1 overlaps...ok so just make x and y 1 larger than need be and use + 1 when thinking over as a 2d array?

edit2: doh...nevermind forgot to change what i was adding

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.