• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

2 Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
Firstly, the 'Chaos' ability doesn't seem to do anything at all. I changed the New Unit Type on it and removed the techtree requirement and added the ability with triggers, yet it does nothing?

Secondly, is it possible to change the 'Weapon Type' of an unit from 'Instant' to 'Missile' when he picks up an item?

Level 11
1st, The Chaos projectile is a projectile that comes down from the sky. And if you like pick the starfall or blizzard it should work. But not if you have like it creates a sheep at the location where you casted it at. You cant just change the projectile type to a sheep that drops down from the sky. It's the whole chaos projectile that is coded like that xD

2nd, Yes it is. If you have a copy of the unit in the object editor. One with Instand and one with Missile. Then you can remove the unit via triggers and add the new one. Adding the same lvls, abilities & lvls, hit points and mana points and the items. Otherwise you can use a custom missile system.

Hopes this helps you a bit. If you want i can help you with the triggers.

Level 17
By the chaos ability i mean the one thats supposed to change a unit into another (normal orcs into chaos orcs) I think you confused it with Rain of Chaos lol

And i now realized the 2nd problem could also be solved if only the Chaos ability worked...

EDIT: Oh i got it working, the trigger i used was just a little glitchy

Status
Not open for further replies.