[Log in / Register]
| News | Chat | Pastebin | Donations | Tutorials | Rules | Forums |
| Maps | Skins | Icons | Models | Spells | Tools | Jass | Packs | Hosted Projects | Starcraft II Modding | Starcraft II Resources | Galaxy Wiki |
(Keeps Hive Alive)
Go Back   The Hive Workshop > Warcraft III > World Editor Help Zone

World Editor Help Zone Ask general questions about World Editor features and use in this forum. If you need help fixing a trigger, please post it in Triggers & Scripts. Please review the forum rules before posting.

Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2013, 09:28 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered User Nytefall
User

Nytefall has little to show at this moment (8)
Spells n' Stuff

Hey guys, I'm trying to make some spells for a custom map, but have no idea where to go with these ideas.

Idea 1: A spell which deals increasing damage over time before culminating in a final burst.

Idea 2: A spell which deals damage instantly and leaves a buff increasing damage taken.

Idea 3: I've already got this one, but I need trigger help. The Hero casts Ascendance and I want him to use the Firelord model for the duration of the spell (which I based off of Avatar).

Thanks in advance.
Old 09-08-2013, 09:33 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered User Kino
Step back, let go.

Kino is a glorious beacon of light (425)Kino is a glorious beacon of light (425)Kino is a glorious beacon of light (425)Kino is a glorious beacon of light (425)Kino is a glorious beacon of light (425)Kino is a glorious beacon of light (425)
Quote:
Idea 1: A spell which deals increasing damage over time before culminating in a final burst.
Upon casting you set the value of the initial damage per tick as a variable.
Have a periodic trigger that deals damage and increases the value of the variable by the amount you want.

Quote:
Idea 2: A spell which deals damage instantly and leaves a buff increasing damage taken.
Tbh, you can get any ability with a buff and trigger it to do deal damage on cast.
If you want to amplify damage you could either use a Damage Detection system or you could use a dummy spiked carapace to amplify damage.

Quote:
Idea 3: I've already got this one, but I need trigger help. The Hero casts Ascendance and I want him to use the Firelord model for the duration of the spell (which I based off of Avatar).
Use a transformation ability. The alternate form can carry all the stat bonuses you need.
Old 09-09-2013, 06:49 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered User Adiktuz
Engr. Shana, ChE

Adiktuz has a brilliant future (1367)Adiktuz has a brilliant future (1367)Adiktuz has a brilliant future (1367)
1) You can implement my stigma system

3) Why not use metamorphosis as a base? You can make the alternate unit have the spell immunity anyways...
Closed Thread