• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Local Player Resource Leaderboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Custom Resource System

So, I was playing a map called MineralZ and because of that I know this is possible.

But I have no idea how Leader Boards work and I don't really understand how to do the thing to make things show up only for the Local Player.

Can someone point me to a Tut for this or help me understand?

Last edited:
Level 15
Not sure what you mean by a local player resource leaderboard.

Do you mean a leaderboard which is specific to each player?

What you probably need to do is create all the leaderboard variables in a global block, but display information differently based on each player in a local player block. This way all the agents exist on all clients, but they simply show different information. I haven't worked with leaderboards yet and am unfamiliar with their API, but since MineralZ does it, this is more than possible.

In fact you probably only need one leaderboard, but the information it shows is done in a local player block. So everyone only sees their own resources.

For a start read up this tutorial: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/trigger-gui-editor-tutorials-279/getlocalplayer-225738/

I believe the gist is that you shouldn't create handles in local player blocks, though there are exceptions (Texttag I believe is one).

Level 12
Er, what I mean is I want basically a Leaderboard that displays different information per player. I'm going to use it to display 4 resources, Gold, Lumber, Oil, and Food, and use the Leaderboard to show the count instead of the built-in.

Hopefully what you've mentioned will help. But I think I may need a better explanation then that.

Level 12
Okay, maybe I should start this from the top before even bothering with Local Player. I'm not quite sure how to set up this custom resource system.

What i needs to do is when a Worker is ordered to harvest from a Gold Mine, he goes in and comes out as normal, and then when he returns the gold it needs to reset the gold and then instead modify the Leaderboard.

Level 15
It might be better to make a separate thread for your question about how to get a leaderboard working at all, which is a much different (albeit related) question from the OP and the thread title.

I would first checked leaderboard tutorials first and try them out.

See this: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/trigger-gui-editor-tutorials-279/leaderboards-6981/

Once you get it working then revisit this topic (which requires you know how to get the leaderboard working).

Custom resources are easy to do--just assign each player an real or integer corresponding to the resource and modify it accordingly. Update the leaderboard whenever one of those resources get modified.

Level 12
I think I figured out Leaderboards since starting this thread, aside from the LocalPlayer part.

I guess what I need now is more of a system to determine when to modify the resource variable.

Like, I need -

Peasant harvests from gold mine->Returns gold->Gold is added to the variable instead of the real gold count.

I can't use the Player - Property event because that would require 12 different triggers.

I'm at a loss here. Need something kinda like this only extremely less complicated, and I kinda want to make it myself:

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/spells-569/gui-custom-resource-harvest-system-1-05-a-225610/

I may end up using it, though, and heavily modifying it...Idk.

EDIT:

This topic http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/world-editor-help-zone-98/leaderboard-252050/

I tested this, cuz I wanna know if the LeaderBoard works

So, its works but I have a problem in destroying leaderboad
If you delete the any player his leaderboard, all leaderboards will be remove

Thankfully that won't be a problem for me, because I never plan on removing the Leaderboard.

EDIT2: I'm going to bed for the night. I'm also attempting to make a Harvesting system myself. I'll update this thread if I need any help or make any significant progress.

Last edited:
Level 15
For detecting a change in resources, simply use a player state event.

native TriggerRegisterPlayerStateEvent trigger whichTrigger, player whichPlayer, playerstate whichState, limitop opcode, real limitval

So to use this to detect someone's gold increasing, your code might look like this

JASS:
local trigger t = CreateTrigger()
local integer playerGold = playerGolds[0]
call TriggerRegisterPlayerStateEvent(t, Player(0), PLAYER_STATE_RESOURCE_GOLD, NOT_EQUAL, playerGold)
call TriggerAddCondition(t, Condition(function main))

Use the limit op NOT_EQUAL so whenever the player's gold isn't equal to what you have stored in your separate variable, the event will fire off. In your main you will need detect by how much the gold changed, change the variable/array member accordingly, and then apply the changes (locally) to the player's leader board.

Level 12
For detecting a change in resources, simply use a player state event.

native TriggerRegisterPlayerStateEvent trigger whichTrigger, player whichPlayer, playerstate whichState, limitop opcode, real limitval

So to use this to detect someone's gold increasing, your code might look like this

JASS:
local trigger t = CreateTrigger()
local integer playerGold = playerGolds[0]
call TriggerRegisterPlayerStateEvent(t, Player(0), PLAYER_STATE_RESOURCE_GOLD, NOT_EQUAL, playerGold)
call TriggerAddCondition(t, Condition(function main))

Use the limit op NOT_EQUAL so whenever the player's gold isn't equal to what you have stored in your separate variable, the event will fire off. In your main you will need detect by how much the gold changed, change the variable/array member accordingly, and then apply the changes (locally) to the player's leader board.

But then I have to have one of those for all 12 players....Right?

Anyway, okay, so here's what I got so far for the system:

When a unit is ordered to Harvest from a Gold Mine via my fake harvesting ability that is based off of Shadow Strike, and he uses the ability, that's how I pick up on the Worker "Entering" the Gold Mine. Via trigger, I morph the unit into an invisible unit with no movement and no attack, and remove them from the players selection, then after a timer I morph them back into the original unit, remove the dummy Harvest (Shadow Strike) ability, and order them to return to the closest Town Hall, once the dummy Return Resources ability goes off I can pick up on that as a "Unit Starts the Effect of an Ability" event, and set the amount of gold accordingly, without the actual Gold count in the UI being modified at all.

This is what I got so far:

• Ordered To Mine
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Peasant
        • Then - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • (Ability being cast) Equal to Shadow Strike
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Add Peasant Morph to (Triggering unit)
              • Unit - Remove Peasant Morph from GoldMorpherUnit
              • Selection - Remove (Triggering unit) from selection for (Owner of (Triggering unit))
              • Set GoldMorpherUnit = (Triggering unit)
            • Else - Actions
        • Else - Actions
  • Timer Order Return
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.03 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • GoldMorpherTimer Less than 201
        • Then - Actions
          • Set GoldMorpherTimer = (GoldMorpherTimer + 1)
          • Unit - Order GoldMorpherUnit to Undead Crypt Fiend - Web Gold Mine 0013 <gen> //They will be ordered this until the timer goes off, so that way they aren't showing up as an Idle Worker.
        • Else - Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • GoldMorpherTimer Equal to 201
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Add Return Resources to GoldMorpherUnit
          • Unit - Remove Shadow Strike from GoldMorpherUnit
          • Unit - Add Peasant Remorph to GoldMorpherUnit
          • Unit - Order GoldMorpherUnit to Human Blood Mage - Banish Great Hall 0008 <gen>
          • Set GoldMorpherUnit = No unit
        • Else - Actions
  • Ordered to Return
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • (Ability being cast) Equal to Return Resources
        • Then - Actions
          • Selection - Remove (Triggering unit) from selection
          • Unit - Add Peasant Morph to (Triggering unit)
          • Unit - Add Shadow Strike to (Triggering unit)
          • Unit - Remove Return Resources from (Triggering unit)
        • Else - Actions
NOTE: I am not working on making this MUI just yet. I want to get everything functioning first, then make it MUI.

Return Resources is based off of Channel using Banish order.

When this is 100% working (Which it's not right now), it will be so much easier to catch the Gold Returned event via this then other suggested methods...

The first problem I'm having is that it doesn't want to Remove Shadow Strike or add the Return Resources ability, and the order does not matter as I've swapped them back and forth a lot.

The range on the Shadow Strike and Return Resources abilities are extremely short, so these casting events will only go off if they are in the right place.

Okay, I finished the base of the system and now I need to make it MUI. I still have some stuff I need to fix but now that I figured everything else out it won't be hard to fix. Once I get it 100% done, cleaned up, and working flawlessly, I'll post it.

There is ONE problem that I'm not quite sure how to fix, though, and that's this:

• Timer Order Harvest
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.03 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • GoldReturningUpdate Equal to 1
          • GoldReturnedTimer Less than 67
        • Then - Actions
          • Set GoldReturnedTimer = (GoldReturnedTimer + 1)
          • Selection - Remove GoldReturningUnit from selection
        • Else - Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • GoldReturnedTimer Equal to 66
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Remove Peasant Morph from GoldReturningUnit
          • Unit - Add Peasant Remorph to GoldReturningUnit
        • Else - Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • GoldReturnedTimer Equal to 67
        • Then - Actions
          • Set GoldReturningUpdate = 0
          • Unit - Remove Peasant Remorph from GoldReturningUnit
          • Unit - Add Shadow Strike to GoldReturningUnit
          • Unit - Remove Return Resources from GoldReturningUnit
          • Animation - Remove the gold animation tag to GoldReturningUnit
          • Set GoldReturnedFinished = 1
          • Set PlayerGold[1] = (PlayerGold[1] + 100)
          • Multiboard - Set the text for PlayerResources item in column 1, row 1 to (|c00BBAA00Gold:|r + (String(PlayerGold[1])))
        • Else - Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • GoldPointOrder Equal to False
        • Then - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • GoldMineInRange Equal to True
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Order GoldReturningUnit to Night Elf Warden - Shadow Strike TargetGoldMine
              • Set GoldMineInRange = False
            • Else - Actions
        • Else - Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • GoldPointOrder Equal to False
          • GoldMineInRange Equal to False
          • GoldReturnedFinished Equal to 1
        • Then - Actions
          • Game - Display to (All players) the text: FIRED!
          • Unit - Remove Shadow Strike from GoldReturningUnit
          • Unit - Add Harvest (Point Order) to GoldReturningUnit
          • Unit - Order GoldReturningUnit to Orc Far Seer - Earthquake (Position of TargetGoldMine)
          • Set GoldPointOrder = True
          • Set GoldReturnedFinished = 0
        • Else - Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • GoldPointOrder Equal to True
          • GoldMineInRange Equal to False
        • Then - Actions
          • Custom script: set bj_wantDestroyGroup = true
          • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 500.00 of (Position of GoldReturningUnit)) and do (Actions)
            • Loop - Actions
                • If - Conditions
                  • (Picked unit) Equal to TargetGoldMine
                • Then - Actions
                  • Set GoldMineInRange = True
                  • Set GoldPointOrder = False
                  • Unit - Remove Harvest (Point Order) from GoldReturningUnit
                  • Unit - Add Shadow Strike to GoldReturningUnit
                • Else - Actions
        • Else - Actions
The part I'm having a problem with is near the bottom, "Unit - Order GoldReturningUnit to Orc Far Seer - Earthquake (Position of TargetGoldMine)"

The Position of the Target Gold Mine seems to go a bit off course, heading in an almost different direction. It's not much of a deviation of the course it should take, but it's enough to where lets say if it's going half-way across the map, the worker may never find the Gold Mine....

EDIT2: Okay, I'm going to leave this thread to making the Leaderboard LocalPlayer-able, and make a new thread for working with my Resource Harvesting System.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.