• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to make a spell like this? [Jass/vJass]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
If u have played BvO, u will know this spell.

Called Thunder Storm, it contains 2 spell: Thunder Storm and Thunder Ball.
Thunder Ball is custom Shockwave spell. (I know how to make this)
Thunder Storm is main spell that I want to make.

When caster cast TS, it will create a thunder cloud for 10 seconds, and in that 10 sec, if u cast Thunder Ball it will fly to the sky (where cloud was created) and create lightning to strike enemies in area (700 AOE) (if u cast TB outside AOE of TS, it wont effect) , deal damage for 5 times (0.5s delay). After 10 sec, remove the cloud and the TB wont effect (create lightning) even casted in AOE of TS.

P.s: sorry for my english :(

Level 2
Hmm is that hard ? :eek:
Post a video for the spell although I get how it works. That can be done in GUI even.
Of course it can be done in GUI, but Im learning vJass so I would like to do it in vJass.

I can make both spell separately, but the problem is that i cant create lightning after cast TB. (i used to do it successfully (Jass) but it has some error that i cant fix, so i want to do it again in vJass :D )

I'm sorry!!! :( my slow computer cant record video so i cant post video for u :(
but u can go here: http://www.epicwar.com/maps/114029/ download it and check it out (Hero Nami, Spell Thunder Storm)
sorry for this inconvenient

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
When thunder storm is cast you add to a list all currently active thunder storms. When you cast thunder ball you search through the list of currently active thunder storms for any eligible. If one is found you then go to thunder mechanics towards it otherwise use standard thunder ball mechanics. Note that this is performing a linear search, the use case dictates this should be fine (doubt many thunder storms will exist, probably only 1 at any time anyway) however you may wish to consider a better search if performance becomes an issue (10-100 thunder storms).

Thunder ball in thunder mechanics rushes to the detected thunder storm location. On arrival it then does some periodic stuff before expiring.

Thunder Storm Instance -> struct.
Thunder Ball Instance -> struct, possibly two types or maybe just a behaviour dictating flag.
Thunder Ball Lighting in Thunder Storm -> struct.

Level 2
When thunder storm is cast you add to a list all currently active thunder storms. When you cast thunder ball you search through the list of currently active thunder storms for any eligible. If one is found you then go to thunder mechanics towards it otherwise use standard thunder ball mechanics. Note that this is performing a linear search, the use case dictates this should be fine (doubt many thunder storms will exist, probably only 1 at any time anyway) however you may wish to consider a better search if performance becomes an issue (10-100 thunder storms).

Thunder ball in thunder mechanics rushes to the detected thunder storm location. On arrival it then does some periodic stuff before expiring.

Thunder Storm Instance -> struct.
Thunder Ball Instance -> struct, possibly two types or maybe just a behaviour dictating flag.
Thunder Ball Lighting in Thunder Storm -> struct.

yea, but the problem is i dont know how to do this "search through the list of currently active thunder storms for any eligible. If one is found you then go to thunder mechanics towards it otherwise use standard thunder ball mechanics. Note that this is performing a linear search, the use case dictates this should be fine (doubt many thunder storms will exist, probably only 1 at any time anyway) however you may wish to consider a better search if performance becomes an issue (10-100 thunder storms).

Thunder ball in thunder mechanics rushes to the detected thunder storm location. On arrival it then does some periodic stuff before expiring." :vw_wtf:, i've tried many way and anything i knew but at the end, it didnt work :ogre_rage:

Level 2
i finally did it. tks for ur helping.

I have another question. How can I get value from one struct to use for another, (i used extends but it will do the thing struct 1 do but i just want to get 1 or 2 value of it, not all)

Level 2
I have another question. How can I get value from one struct to use for another, (i used extends but it will do the thing struct 1 do but i just want to get 1 or 2 value of it, not all)

any help?

Status
Not open for further replies.