• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Crash] Desync Error every game, Help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I have been making a map called War of the Lost Realms Z for about 6 years now on and off and its grown to be liked by the people i host it for but there is one huge problem that i just cant figure out... It is a desync error that happens every game and pretty much splits the game in half. Does anyone know how to fix desync problems and or leaks? Id really appreciate someone to point me in the right direction, or assist in patch work on the map. Ill give full credit to anyone who assists me in loading screen. :)

Level 25
What radicool wrote - leaks don't desync game, but slow it down (decrease users FPS). When did your problems start? When you start getting desyncs, it's best to check the code you add at that time.

Desynchronization can be caused by many things - most common are incorrect use of GetLocalPlayer() or referring to nulled lightning. I think there was also a problem with checking height of a unit on deformed terrain when your PC uses different OS than the host (or something like that).
I advise checking if your triggers use GetLocalPlayer or lightning. Another option is to disable half of your triggers and play the map. If your map does crash again, chances are one of the remaining active triggers is the problematic one. If not, disable the active half and enable the disabled part. When you determine which half is the problematic one, disable half of that part and check the game again. Repeat this process for each part which contains the problematic trigger(s). While tiresome and time-consuming, you can most of the time find the crashing trigger this way.

Level 4
I was given a tip yesterday

the tip was by Crystalknoct, and while we were playing one of the problematic maps of mine, he told me that creating blight at the spot where a unit dies (Zombie kills a players unit) could be whats causing it. Do you guys think that creating a blighted area in the game everytime a unit dies would cause a desync?:eekani:

Blight has indeed some problems, but I recall them only be prominent on super large maps (bigger than 256x256).

I'm not sure if blight via triggers behaves different than blight via abilities. I'd say if you want to go sure, create blight via abilities.

Other than that, it's easy to find out if that causes your desync or not. Just remove the blight stuff from your triggers temporarily and test your map.

Status
Not open for further replies.