• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Asking about default abilities

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 37
Hello Bear :) For your first question, there is no default ability that does that. You would have to make a triggered spell for that, which would be fairly easy to create. As for your second question, you can use the passive Slow Poision; it should be under Abilities/Night Elf/Units.

However, I hope you know that you can change the movement/attack speed reduction of Frost Attack :) it's under Gameplay Constants. Slow Poision, of course, is still a better alternative if you wanted to support multiple levels x)

dEvZZVY.png

Level 14
Hello Bear :) For your first question, there is no default ability that does that. You would have to make a triggered spell for that, which would be fairly easy to create. As for your second question, you can use the passive Slow Poision; it should be under Abilities/Night Elf/Units.

However, I hope you know that you can change the movement/attack speed reduction of Frost Attack :) it's under Gameplay Constants. Slow Poision, of course, is still a better alternative if you wanted to support multiple levels x)

dEvZZVY.png

Thanks! This helps me alot. :)

Having problem about Slow poison.
I wanted to make a ability that can affect multiple enemies on its AOE.
The problem was none of them being affected to it even they got attacked.

The unit's attack was indeed Missile(Splash)

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 12

Incorrect. Orb of Corruption.

I think to make Slow Poison affect multiple units, you can set the Area of Effect in the slow poison ability. I've never actually tried this, but it seems logical. But then again not a whole lot in WC3's modding is logical... 99% of abilities, that Area of Effect field does literally nothing.

I think THAT you actually will have to code, if you don't want to modify the Gameplay Constants. If you want a fully 100% recreated Frost Attack. Which isn't hard. Just set color, pick units in AoE, spawn a unit that casts slow on all units in the AoE. You will however need a DDS if you want it to be on attack instead of from casting an ability.

It would look something like this:

• Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • DDS_EVENT = 1.00
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create 1 DummyUnit for (Owner of (DDS_DamagingUnit)) at (Position of (DDS_DamagedUnit)) facing (Position of (DDS_DamagedUnit))
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 512.00 of (Position of (DDS_DamagedUnit))) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Human Sorceress - Slow (Picked unit)
      • Unit - Add a 5.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
"DummyUnit" Should have 0 backswing, 0 cast point, 0 cast backswing, 0 damage point, 0 animation blend time, should not have an attack, should not move, and should have the locust ability and a modified slow ability that does not cost mana, does not have a cooldown, and does not have a cast time.

Level 37
Incorrect. Orb of Corruption.

If you want the unit's attacks to reduce the armor of attacked units, yes this is true. However, I read the question as if they were asking for the attacker to lose armor from attacking the unit.

Having problem about Slow poison.
I wanted to make a ability that can affect multiple enemies on its AOE.
The problem was none of them being affected to it even they got attacked.

The unit's attack was indeed Missile(Splash)

Sorry about that, you didn't originally ask for it to affect multiple units. If that is the case, then you would have to do what aple suggested above. Use a damage detection system and order a dummy unit to slow every unit within a radius of the attacked unit.

Level 12
If you want the unit's attacks to reduce the armor of attacked units, yes this is true. However, I read the question as if they were asking for the attacker to lose armor from attacking the unit.

I figured he was asking a unit being attacked having it's armor reduced, and the best thing that does that is Orb of Corruption.

Status
Not open for further replies.