[Log in / Register]
| News | Chat | Pastebin | Donations | Tutorials | Rules | Forums |
| Maps | Skins | Icons | Models | Spells | Tools | Jass | Packs | Hosted Projects | Starcraft II Modding | Starcraft II Resources | Galaxy Wiki |
(Keeps Hive Alive)
Go Back   The Hive Workshop > Warcraft III Modding > World Editor Help Zone

World Editor Help Zone Ask general questions about World Editor features and use in this forum. If you need help fixing a trigger, please post it in Triggers & Scripts. Please review the forum rules before posting.

Closed Thread

Old 12-26-2011, 11:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered User danacm
User

danacm has little to show at this moment (6)
ai editor help

Hy!

I working on a map, and i create a working custom malee ai, but i there are a problem.

When the ai expand a new mine, build a town hall, the ai upgrade that second town hall, not the original one, and start to build all the second tier buildings to build the expansion, not to the main base.

Can somebody help me, why is this happening?

Thanks!
Old 12-27-2011, 12:51 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered User mckill2009
SSJ99999 Pinoy!

mckill2009 is a splendid one to behold (942)mckill2009 is a splendid one to behold (942)mckill2009 is a splendid one to behold (942)mckill2009 is a splendid one to behold (942)
coz blizzard GUI ai's works like that, if you want ai to do what you want then trigger it but,
it's very hard to do...

I believe in miracles as I've seen them all come true
Old 12-27-2011, 01:02 AM   #3 (permalink)
Mr.Foxy
Banned

Mr.Foxy has little to show at this moment (14)Mr.Foxy has little to show at this moment (14)
NOTE: AI Editor only work on Meele map's!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you want make AI on Costum map, you should create it using Trigger.
Old 12-27-2011, 01:31 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered User Dr Super Good
Imperial Good

Dr Super Good has been here far too long (3219)Dr Super Good has been here far too long (3219)Dr Super Good has been here far too long (3219)Dr Super Good has been here far too long (3219)Dr Super Good has been here far too long (3219)Dr Super Good has been here far too long (3219)
Former Staff Member: This user used to be on the Hive Workshop staff. Merit Badge - Level 0: This user has proven to be extremely valuable to the Warcraft III Modding Community. User of the Year: 2010 
Quote:
NOTE: AI Editor only work on Meele map's!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you want make AI on Costum map, you should create it using Trigger.
JASS AI scripts can be used in non-melee maps, just they sometimes have limitied aplicability.
Old 12-27-2011, 03:03 AM   #5 (permalink)
Mr.Foxy
Banned

Mr.Foxy has little to show at this moment (14)Mr.Foxy has little to show at this moment (14)
Yes, i know, but, AI Editor can't set on Non-Melee map.
Old 12-27-2011, 05:36 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered User MajorKaza
Programing Engenier

MajorKaza has little to show at this moment (29)MajorKaza has little to show at this moment (29)MajorKaza has little to show at this moment (29)
Exclamation

They can be. I made some that works good enought for some modes, but its hard to do it by AI editor made by Blizzard 'couse of limmited AIs at the same time. My PC have trouble late game when I am reaching 10 of them. AI to custom mas just can't be tested by WC3 Editor.

If you want to fix that bug check positions of all structures on the AI list. If order AI to build 2nd stage town hall before getting new goldmine it will make it at 1st town.

You can order AI to build only in the 1st town but there is risk that AI will lock all free space and then can't do any. If you still want to do it just change the destination to #main town (originaly there should be "anywhere")

Look how it should made (red text is translation):

English editor would be realy nice... :/
Attached Thumbnails
ai.gif  

Last edited by MajorKaza; 12-28-2011 at 06:57 PM. Reason: double post
Closed Thread