• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spinning Effect like Blademaster's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
How to make unit turning around like blademaster does when he using ultimate?

(The unit who turns around isn't blademaster in my orpg map)

and

i dont use vJass, GUI or anything else.. so a need a trigger without using of them.

Level 3
yea ok, i try again:

I need to make a special effect or a function that makes the unit(in this case <Uther>) turning 360 dregress around himself and makeing all theese effects that makes it eems cool.

Again, thank you for using ur time at me!

Bannar

Code Reviewer
Level 26
The "blade storm" effect (the red spinning blades etc.) is actually a part of blade master model rather than standalone special effect model.
Although, here you got pretty nice list of custom blade storms.

About functioning, do you understand even a basic of GUI? Spinning unit around isn't hard to do, but from what I see you are pretty new to WE, so there is high chance of never ending story between you and Mr.Syntax Error.
Meaby some tutorials at first, buddy?

Level 3
I learned myself alot in the wc3 editor. I dont want to repeat my self, but i dont use Gui, vJass.................

I can make many things. But there is something i jstu cant learn myself or can find answer for. So nothanks. I don't need more tutorials atm.

But if the windwhirl is something of the model, can u then explain or help me in any way, how to make unit turn around and make some cool stuff, make a cool earthcrake or anything who seems good and realistic in any ways?

PS: THIS map isnt just a "map", but a wonderfull warcraft 3 game "made from the inerst of my heart. I will not accept any error or failure.. :)

Level 3
I think u missunderstood me and now wanted to say ur meaning that didn't helped me alot.

When i say realistic i mean:

I can just damage everyone around me without doing anything. It seems fake... bad... "unrealistic" and it wont attract many ppl.

I just want an effect who makes the spell cool :)

Edit: srsly, ppl in theese days has problems with everything.. ohh i didn't "model" right. So sorry jerk, and forget about this. if someone asking im not here and i never asked about this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 14
Without all use instead of a paladin a blade master because what you ask if you can not use warcraft language or models is very hard because you need binary.And you need a new word:warcraftistic(a realistic thing is not magic)

Last edited:
Level 20
tobi3234... I feel the need to say this:

1) Anything you do with a trigger works with JASS.
2) GUI means "Graphic User Interface"... which means it's JASS but with a pretty interface (and a lot of limitations and bad coding)
3) vJASS is an "addon" to make JASS easier and more efficient.

Warcraft 3 works with models and models animations.
Example, when you cast "Bladestorm" with Yurnero, it spins around... because Yurnero's model has the 'bladestorm' animation, but other units/models doesn't have it.

The better solution for what you want is what Spinnaker said. Just create the effect of swordspin around your unit using those models, but the unit won't spin around, since it doesn't have the animation. The only unit in Wc3 that has the animation is the Blademaster. Dota modified blademaster to make Yurnero and probably Axe.

Example: Mountain King (The dwarf that has Thunderclap) also has a passive Bash ability. When it bashes his hammer has some kind of electric special effect... Other units don't display that special effect because their models don't have that animation.

Maybe you could change the spell, and make Uther summon a Blademaster, and inmediatly order the blademaster to spin around...

How can you trigger when you don't use either GUI or jass or vJASS?

on topic: the only way to make the unit spin, is to edit the model and give it a spinning animation...

@Spartipilio - yurnero's model is the blademaster of blackrock clan model, and axe's model is hellscream's chaos mode, both of which has the spinning animation so those models aren't modified...

Level 20
Blackrock Clan Model... Hellcream's Chaos Mode... Are those Wc3 Default? If not, they are custom models. My bad to say DotA... Sorry :)

Though i've ever explain you what are JASS, vJASS and GUI by a visitor message.

Vladadamm said:
You don't need to buy anything (except WarcraftIII [with extension for make spells and some others things]) for map.

GUI (Graphic User Interface) is an interface of the JASS. All triggers are basically in GUI in the editor.
JASS (Just Another Scripting System) is just the coding language used by the World Editor; for acceed to the Jass, you need to convert a trigger into "Custom Script".

These 2 things are included in the World Editor and you don't need to download anything.

After, for use vJass which is an extension of the Jass, you need to use the JNPG which is free to download.

Level 18
I learned myself alot in the wc3 editor. I dont want to repeat my self, but i dont use Gui, vJass.................

I can make many things. But there is something i jstu cant learn myself or can find answer for. So nothanks. I don't need more tutorials atm.

But if the windwhirl is something of the model, can u then explain or help me in any way, how to make unit turn around and make some cool stuff, make a cool earthcrake or anything who seems good and realistic in any ways?

PS: THIS map isnt just a "map", but a wonderfull warcraft 3 game "made from the inerst of my heart. I will not accept any error or failure.. :)

Sir! What you are using with clicks is what we call GUI!
and vJass is done via Typing using JNGP
JASS is basically usable everywhere

and you NEED tutorials, if you don't need them why'd you ask?

and by 3D Modeling you can make it, just try to lay low and learn, if you want me to make it for you , i'll do it just PM Me
but try not to act like a big shot, people won't like it:wink:, by what i read here you already think that you mastered world edit :xxd:

Level 11
Just lock the body-part Chest to a dummy unit which is moved around periodically. And also play the unit's stand ready animation to have its hammer stretch out. Set blend time to low, so that it doesn't rotate the body-part too fast.

Without GUI, JASS or any knowledge of triggering or without having the World Editor or at least WEU, the only way to do what you want is to inject JASS code into war3map.j located inside the map file by using already existing functions that are run and making your own triggers in them. You'd better get World Editor Unlimited if you don't have World Editor. But injecting code with notepad is possible as well.

Level 17
this is for test map so dont talk about why not via harshtable and etc
problem is dont work, unit lock dont even move, make unit face angle also have problem, idk why but when the make unit face angle is too often (like every 0.01 sec or 0.05 with ang*5 its slower)
JASS:
function Trig_Regen_heal_Conditions takes nothing returns boolean
    return GetSpellAbilityId() == 'A001'
endfunction

function TimerLoop takes nothing returns nothing
local timer t=GetExpiredTimer()
local real i = udg_i
local real x = GetUnitX(udg_u) + 150 * Cos(i*10* 3.14158/180.0)
local real y = GetUnitY(udg_u) + 150 * Sin(i*10* 3.14158/180.0)
set udg_i = udg_i + 1
if (i-(i/10)*10) == 0 then
endif
call DisplayTextToForce( GetPlayersAll(), R2S(udg_i) )
if i==udg_d-50 then
call DestroyEffect (udg_f[0])
call DestroyEffect (udg_f[1])
call DestroyEffect (udg_f[2])
elseif i==udg_d then
call PauseTimer(t)
call DestroyTimer(t)
elseif i==1 then
set udg_f[0] = AddSpecialEffectTarget("SpinFX2.mdl", udg_u, "origin")
set udg_f[1] = AddSpecialEffectTarget("WrathFrostmourneV3.mdx", udg_u, "hand left")
set udg_f[2] = AddSpecialEffectTarget("WrathFrostmourneV3.mdx", udg_u, "hand right")
set udg_dummy = CreateUnit (GetOwningPlayer(udg_u), 'o000', x, y, 0)
endif
//call SetUnitFacing (udg_u, i)
//call SetUnitPosition( udg_dummy, x, y )
//call SetUnitLookAt( udg_u, "bone_chest", udg_dummy, 0, 0, 90 )
set t=null
endfunction

function Trig_Regen_heal_Actions takes nothing returns nothing
local boolean b = false
local unit u = GetTriggerUnit()
local real dmg = GetUnitAbilityLevel(u, 'A001') + 400
local player p = GetTriggerPlayer()
local integer dur = 10000
local timer t = CreateTimer()
set udg_u = u
set udg_d = dur
call TimerStart(t, 0.01, true, function TimerLoop)
call DisplayTextToForce( GetPlayersAll(), "k" )
//call SetUnitTimeScale(u, 1)

set p = null
set t = null
set u = null
endfunction

//===========================================================================
function InitTrig_Bladestorm takes nothing returns nothing
    set gg_trg_Bladestorm = CreateTrigger(  )
    call TriggerRegisterAnyUnitEventBJ( gg_trg_Bladestorm, EVENT_PLAYER_UNIT_SPELL_EFFECT )
    call TriggerAddCondition( gg_trg_Bladestorm, Condition( function Trig_Regen_heal_Conditions ) )
    call TriggerAddAction( gg_trg_Bladestorm, function Trig_Regen_heal_Actions )
endfunction

Level 11
  • Melee Initialization
  • Events
    • Time - Elapsed game time is 5.00 seconds
  • Actions
    • Unit - Make Footman 0002 <gen> Invulnerable
    • Set angle = 0.00
    • Set radius = 400.00
    • Animation - Add the ready animation tag to Paladin 0000 <gen>
    • Unit - Pause Paladin 0000 <gen>
    • Animation - Change Paladin 0000 <gen> blend time to 0.14
    • Trigger - Turn on Untitled Trigger 001 <gen>
  • Untitled Trigger 001
  • Events
    • Time - Every 0.15 seconds of game time
  • Actions
    • Set loc2 = Position of Paladin 0000 <gen>
    • Set loc = loc2 offset by radius towards angle degrees
    • call RemoveLocation(udg_loc2)
    • Unit - Move Footman 0002 <gen> instantly to loc
    • call RemoveLocation(udg_loc)
    • Set angle = angle+80.00
    • Animation - Lock Paladin 0000 <gen>'s Chest to face Footman 0002 <gen>, offset by (0.00,0.00,70.00)
NOTE: the map is attached. Pausing the hero can be omitted, it looks fine even while it's walking. You should not let the hero come close to map border, because the footman cannot be placed there. Initially Untitled Trigger 001 is disabled.

Attachments

• SpinningPaladin.w3x
    13.1 KB · Views: 174
Level 17
  • Melee Initialization
  • Events
  • Actions
    • Set angle = 0.00
    • Set radius = 400.00
    • Animation - Change Paladin 0000 <gen> blend time to 0.14
  • Untitled Trigger 001
  • Events
    • Time - Every 0.15 seconds of game time
  • Actions
    • Set angle = angle+80.00
    • Animation - Lock Paladin 0000 <gen>'s Chest to face Footman 0002 <gen>, offset by (0.00,0.00,70.00)
NOTE: the map is attached. Pausing the hero can be omitted, it looks fine even while it's walking. You should not let the hero come close to map border, because the footman cannot be placed there. Initially Untitled Trigger 001 is disabled.

i got what u mean but till paladin got hammer, in that time villager dont keep his weapon same way than paladin, villager dont have same animation thats the problem. maybe later the best way if i try edit with a program the model but idk if i can do it :D

Level 11
I've got a better thing.
  • Melee Initialization
  • Events
  • Actions
    • Set angle = 0.00
    • Set radius = 100.00
    • Animation - Make Paladin 0000 <gen>'s Chest face Footman 0002 <gen>, offset by (0.00,0.00,70.00)
    • Set angle = angle+10
  • Untitled Trigger 001
  • Events
    • Time - Every 0.10 seconds of game time
  • Actions
    • Unit - Order Footman 0002 <gen> to Move To loc
    • Set angle = angle+40.00
As for villager you can play it's attack animation for some time, then freeze its animation by setting animation speed to 0, that will leave him with his arm stretched.
NOTE: Footman has collision size 0, speed 522, movement type NONE.

Reply to post below ..v.. bladestorm makes the caster immune to magic, no auras will make effect on him, and whatever is with auras, they do not increase animation speed, only hp regen, armor, attack rate, movement speed. And agility only increases attack rate (and movement speed if you set it), not the animation speed. You don't make a unit attack other unit to play its attack animation. You can play it directly and pause the unit until its arm reaches its required position. After you set animation speed to 0, the model won't move anymore.

Attachments

• SpinningPaladin.w3x
    13.2 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
Level 17
I've got a better thing.
  • Melee Initialization
  • Events
  • Actions
    • Set angle = 0.00
    • Set radius = 100.00
    • Animation - Make Paladin 0000 <gen>'s Chest face Footman 0002 <gen>, offset by (0.00,0.00,70.00)
    • Set angle = angle+10
  • Untitled Trigger 001
  • Events
    • Time - Every 0.10 seconds of game time
  • Actions
    • Unit - Order Footman 0002 <gen> to Move To loc
    • Set angle = angle+40.00
As for villager you can play it's attack animation for some time, then freeze its animation by setting animation speed to 0, that will leave him with his arm stretched.
NOTE: Footman has collision size 0, speed 522, movement type NONE.

i talked about that, how u calculate how much time u need for a fixed poinbt in animation if u could get lets say 400 agility when animation far faster than with 0 agility? also u can gain attack speed by abilities/aura/items etc

Attachments

• SpinningPaladin (2).w3x
    13.2 KB · Views: 92
Level 11
So I've came up with a result. 1) You can't rotate the unit as fast as you need for a bladestorm. 2) You can lock its Chest to a moving footman and it works fine, but it's incompatible with frozen animation, because when it's frozen, it doesn't let you move the Chest. So I say - edit the model. The attack animation. Here is the map with a peasant spinning normally (edited model) SpinningPaladin.w3x and the map where the peasant spins insanely fast (a custom method) SpinningPeasant.w3x

EDIT: Bond009 is right. We've forgot that the help requester doesn't know anything about coding. So let's make him a trigger which he will copy-paste using our simple instructions. And have it specify what unit he wants to spin and after casting what ability.

Attachments

• SpinningPaladin.w3x
    70.9 KB · Views: 77
  • SpinningPeasant.w3x
    13.6 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:
Level 13
idk if you guys read the first post but this poor guy doesn't know any coding at all it seems, not even gui..
So unless he knows how to import a new model with spin affect or something like this http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...48825/?prev=search=blade%20master&d=list&r=20 or something alike he just needs something to add an affect.

easiest way to have some sort of affect without code is to give the BladeStorm ability something like the spinning net perhaps and when it casts the unit will have that spinning around him, at least its something within your capabilities.
you could use this
Abilities\Weapons\BloodElfSpellThiefMISSILE\BloodElfSpellThiefMISSILE.mdl
or this etc..
Abilities\Weapons\ShadowHunterMissile\ShadowHunterMissile.mdl
Abilities\Spells\Orc\Ensnare\EnsnareMissile.mdl

Level 11
How to make unit turning around like blademaster does when he using ultimate?

(The unit who turns around isn't blademaster in my orpg map)

and

i dont use vJass, GUI or anything else.. so a need a trigger without using of them.

tobi3234, give me the model you want to have spinning around and I'll make you a trigger which you will copy-paste. Then I'll tell you how to change it to your needs.

Level 11
i remember something about using an invisible cyclone effect to rotate the unit quickly

That's a really good idea, but I couldn't change the cyclone height, and it's still not rotating the model fast enough.

Changing cyclone height is impossible, because even if you use Animation - Change flying height, it works only for flying units, and with Cyclone you may not target flying units, even if you edit the ability.

Level 5
i had a try with tornado spin and cyclone but couldnt get it working either

an interesting thing happened when i took away the art effect of cyclone though
it creats a second sprite which you can see when they do different stand animations

Level 1
We've forgot that the help requester doesn't know anything about coding. So let's make him a trigger which he will copy-paste using our simple instructions. And have it specify what unit he wants to spin and after casting what ability.

Sorry but, can you make one for me too? If its possible then ill give you my model which i want it to spin.

Level 15
You guys are idiots WTF the unit is unable to move and it stand in its position rename itself and lose the items and the leveled spells and the level u so idiots omg u cant even make idiotic spell like that? DUDES!!! that was the most idiotic map post ever! i gonna make something more funny! comming soon (today!)

You guys are idiots WTF the unit is unable to move and it stand in its position rename itself and lose the items and the leveled spells and the level u so idiots omg u cant even make idiotic spell like that? DUDES!!! that was the most idiotic map post ever! i gonna make something more funny! comming soon (today!)

Please, read your signature : Respect Others Members

It's still movable, you can still keep the items, etc... if you do it with triggers.

Level 17

u can tell what map what u tryed?

Level 15
Please, read your signature : Respect Others Members

It's still movable, you can still keep the items, etc... if you do it with triggers.

Im sorry its the first time I couldn't help myself, it was very distrubing to see telented map makers make maps like this and then post them, so I saw it and couldn't keep cool, ya know? :goblin_wtf:

Lior the map maker is Proud To Publish:
- Blades Storm -

Did u ever asked yourself how will it look like if bladestorm animation was allowed to any model on warcraft?
Did u get sick to watch the same Blademaster using cool animations over and over and over again?
Did you ever feel upset when you saw post of maps that looks silly and cause countless bugs?

NOW ITS THE TIME WHEN YOUR DREAM COMES TRUE!!!!
:D
Enjoy, dont give credit I dont need it.

Spin forward over the 8 following seconds. damaging enemies who stray too near each second.
Level 1 - 100 damage per second.
Level 2 - 180 damage per second.
Level 3 - 260 damage per second.
Level 4 - 340 damage per second.

Notes:
1) based on channeling spell so it can be "target location" instead.
2) the hero will move forward at speed that you choose as map maker
3) the hero must be single unit, so no 2 heroes that can use this abilities can be at the same time.
4) The hero might get off cliffs if u give him too much speed , so making this on hero that can't blink could show a problam.

5) the spell can be improved more: check if the next ground is walkable and reduce the chance of stuck, also, it can be done that more than just the hero could use that ability, but that is to be done by better map makers than me, im not THAT good.

Check it out! :D

Attachments

• Spinning Model V0.01.w3x
    18.9 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
Level 17
Im sorry its the first time I couldn't help myself, it was very distrubing to see telented map makers make maps like this and then post them, so I saw it and couldn't keep cool, ya know? :goblin_wtf:

Lior the map maker is Proud To Publish:
- Blades Storm -

Did u ever asked yourself how will it look like if bladestorm animation was allowed to any model on warcraft?
Did u get sick to watch the same Blademaster using cool animations over and over and over again?
Did you ever feel upset when you saw post of maps that looks silly and cause countless bugs?

NOW ITS THE TIME WHEN YOUR DREAM COMES TRUE!!!!
:D
Enjoy, dont give credit I dont need it.

Spin forward over the 8 following seconds. damaging enemies who stray too near each second.
Level 1 - 100 damage per second.
Level 2 - 180 damage per second.
Level 3 - 260 damage per second.
Level 4 - 340 damage per second.

Notes:
1) based on channeling spell so it can be "target location" instead.
2) the hero will move forward at speed that you choose as map maker
3) the hero must be single unit, so no 2 heroes that can use this abilities can be at the same time.
4) The hero might get off cliffs if u give him too much speed , so making this on hero that can't blink could show a problam.

5) the spell can be improved more: check if the next ground is walkable and reduce the chance of stuck, also, it can be done that more than just the hero could use that ability, but that is to be done by better map makers than me, im not THAT good.

Check it out! :D

ok but acctually here model spining but it is hided by cycelon, also spining isnt really spining just rotateing the unit, try it with another model and u can see what we talk about. i mean example rotateing villager dont really realistic since he dont hold long weapon and his hands stay near body :/

Level 15
Hmm... lol ?
This one don't make you able to move where you want, is not MUI, isn't very efficient, and doesn't have a blademaster's spinning-like effect.

And if you read the messages, i haven't participated to this thread, i just explained to tobi what was gui, jass and vjass.

"cant move where you want to" -> can be fixed with arrows check.
" doesn't have a blademaster's spinning-like effect." - it attached to his model, cyclone doesnt add kigabytes.
"not very efficient" well it true that bladestorm give you spell immunity , but this can be fixed via the using of AVATAR as base skill.
"And if you read the messages, i haven't participated to this thread, i just explained to tobi what was gui, jass and vjass." This is where you wrong! you havent saw the map which make the hero change his nickname every -0.01 seconds and lose his leveled spells, creating so many bugs I can't even mantion.

Ok now try think of it : the blademaster new walk with arrow keys as set movement and a bit faster move that dont go off cliffs , now isn't that much betteR?:thumbs_up:

NOTE:
"rotating villager would see, well u have to immagine it" check ver 0.02

Attachments

• Spinning Model V0.02.w3x
    19 KB · Views: 76
"cant move where you want to" -> can be fixed with arrows check.
" doesn't have a blademaster's spinning-like effect." - it attached to his model, cyclone doesnt add kigabytes.
"not very efficient" well it true that bladestorm give you spell immunity , but this can be fixed via the using of AVATAR as base skill.
"And if you read the messages, i haven't participated to this thread, i just explained to tobi what was gui, jass and vjass." This is where you wrong! you havent saw the map which make the hero change his nickname every -0.01 seconds and lose his leveled spells, creating so many bugs I can't even mantion.

Ok now try think of it : the blademaster new walk with arrow keys as set movement and a bit faster move that dont go off cliffs , now isn't that much betteR?:thumbs_up:

NOTE:
"rotating villager would see, well u have to immagine it" check ver 0.02
Can't be fixed with arrows. Arrows aren't precise for moving. And since when you move with Arrows in Bladestorm ?

You haven't understood what i wanted to mean by efficient. The triggering isn't good.

-0.01 means infinite wait. You can't back in time. You are meaning that it never changes the hero's name...

Using avatar will not make your spell better. You don't need to use more actives spells when passives can do it without stacking problem.

I have the right to don't help someone... We have a life, we are not here to help everyone, and we aren't pay for that. We are benevolates, not employees, don't forget this.

Level 15
I have the right to don't help someone... We have a life, we are not here to help everyone, and we aren't pay for that. We are benevolates, not employees, don't forget this.

Which bring us to a bright conclution:
Will or Will Not benevolent be enough?
1) The people who play and make games are kids and as far as I know, children don't give credit help to this site
2) If you feel bad about helping someone without getting paid for it, as a world editor helper, its kinda sad, really, I understand your feelings since I am a student for program engenearing, how about joinning a forum where you get paid? or parhaps demand some of this site donation into your bank account? As far as I seen , the site barely get paid to stay alive which is even more sad, yet, an artist which is not lazy will not post funny looking bugged maps, because we love our art, we do it free and we dont need hiveworkshop to give % of its income to our banks, I am an unamployed kid too, I have no credit card also, I know money donation will be out of my reach but I would donate if I could I LOVE THIS SITE :ogre_haosis:

EDIT: PS - just to let you know, you are the second person on this site who say he gonna do something that is totaly unofficial just for not getting paid, I post a map which was denied and banned, I asked to reconsider and they said "why should we? we don't get paid!, we can give bad score to whatever post we want" don't be greedy bitch like them

1) The people who play and make games are kids and as far as I know, children don't give credit help to this site
I play, i make games (and maps), i'm kid since i don't have 18years old and i don't give credits to the site because it's not the site who give us everything, but the community. So, credits goes to the community.

I don't feel bad about helping, just when i can't help someone, i won't try to help him cauz' i can give him problems. He wanted just "an animation like the blademaster's one" and you're giving him a spell which doesn't make what tobi wanted.

Also, i have never asked for being payed.

I stop post here, cauz' it's off topic, if you want discuss about that, just send me a private message.

Status
Not open for further replies.