• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Squad <(2)> Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
Okay, I have two problems, one fairly major, the other fairly minor.

I'm using a modified squad system made by Amigu in the spells section. I'm too lazy to make my own. :<

Problem 1. I have certain squads limited in my map, which means when you finish a squad of 6 Axemen, and your limit is 6 Axemen, you can no longer place Axemen into the unit queue, because the game thinks you've reached your limit. I can't just double the amount of units that are limited, because then people would make multiple production structures and spam the queue with 18 or so squads, and abuse the glitch...

Known Solutions...

1. Remove limits from squads completely. (50% favorability)

2. Double limits. (12%)

3. Use standard WC3 food. (50%)

4. Retain squad limits using triggers to remove abuse... (100%, but is there a way?)

Problem 2. There are no squad systems on THW in GUI that don't completely suck ass, so does anyone have a good squad system they can recommend me, or one they can make for me? Any of the like.

Thanks for the help.

use an integer to store the number of squads you have currently. set integer = integer + 1 when a unit is trained. set integer = integer - 1 when a squad dies (the entire squad).

when that integer reaches six, disable unit training of that unit type. when it falls to below six, allow training of that unit type.

Level 33
There are no squad systems on THW in GUI that don't completely suck ass, so does anyone have a good squad system they can recommend me, or one they can make for me? Any of the like.
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...ystem-v1-0-a-221960/?prev=status=p&u=defskull

But my "squad" system and you currently are using now has a totally different concept and execution...

Is his (Amigu) system register squads upon trained unit ?

Well mine, you have the freedom to create your squad, pick which unit is in your squad, etc.

Your call.

Level 22
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...ystem-v1-0-a-221960/?prev=status=p&u=defskull

But my "squad" system and you currently are using now has a totally different concept and execution...

Is his (Amigu) system register squads upon trained unit ?

Well mine, you have the freedom to create your squad, pick which unit is in your squad, etc.

Your call.

Well, I'm proficient enough to edit it to my liking... I'm just way too lazy to put the time into making my own... Fingolfin promised to finish the one he was making for someone else, and I was going to use that one, but it doesn't seem like that will happen.

I'll check out your system.

The current system I've edited and am using.

The way i limit airplanes in WIF is similar to how GhostThruster explained it - you keep track of how many units per squad you have through an integer, except i also have one separate for "in training" (which counts how many units are being trained of that type aswell - increase in "a unit starts training a unit", and decrease on "cancels training" and "finishes training"). If the number of units of that type + number of units being trained of that type, i issue an order based on the rawcode of the cancel order (just a bunch of digits, you can find them somewhere around), and i issue that order 6 times, so that the entire queue is emptied (otherwise the next unit will train as usual).

Level 22
The way i limit airplanes in WIF is similar to how GhostThruster explained it - you keep track of how many units per squad you have through an integer, except i also have one separate for "in training" (which counts how many units are being trained of that type aswell - increase in "a unit starts training a unit", and decrease on "cancels training" and "finishes training"). If the number of units of that type + number of units being trained of that type, i issue an order based on the rawcode of the cancel order (just a bunch of digits, you can find them somewhere around), and i issue that order 6 times, so that the entire queue is emptied (otherwise the next unit will train as usual).

I somehow knew you were like Beetlejuice... I say your name, and you suddenly appear.

I got lazy and just removed limits on squad-based units... Since I didn't really want to limit them that much anyway. I'll fix this problem eventually, when it becomes a bigger problem.

But finish your squad system, it will tie my map together for it's upcoming release.

Status
Not open for further replies.