• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

The messenger!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, here's something I forgot to work on for some time.

No hate for the black glows and wanna-be reflection ;D

Edit: Updated given the tips from you.

Attachments

• The messenger!.png
    The messenger!.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 134
Last edited:

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
The world tree trunks don't actually lend much to it besides maybe the framing. And at this scale they are little more than monochrome blobs of texture smudge with sharp, rough edges. Try different tree models and show a little foliage. Maybe even tilt them a bit and hide part of the trunk outside the camera view.

i.e. bajs2.png rather than bajs.png. (poor example, but enough to make the point)

This should also contrast better to the detailed foreground. And try and reconstruct the roots (which are actually nice) with e.g. tilted dead trees.

The water effect is this terrain's strong point.

Looks freaking awesome! Reminds me of HOMM5 for some reason.
The background seems a little bit empty though, maybe you can add some more things like birds, one or two more ships or even one bigass ship for da king :D Maybe even something flying like a zeppelin... or a little island with something like a lighthouse or a ruin of one? Idk, but it's still fucking awesome. Great job :)

Level 36
Dem black glows... Hideous.

Aside from what fladdy said, I think the foreground needs some love,
currently it looks a bit repetitive and boring, you've got some good
potential there. Save for that, this is a lovely piece, I especially like
the water. Good work, Hein.

Status
Not open for further replies.