• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Fawful's Requests: Today - Makeing Deathwing more KB-friendly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Okay guys, I guess I might need for my main projects at some point more than just the generic Modeledit request thread, so here it goes.
I have now an official thread, where I will ask politely for simple jobs anyone apart from me can do, because I have no fucking clue when it comes to textures, model editing and anything related with editing in general.

For those who wonder upon which project your work will be displayed, I can tell you that it is actually an Azeroth Wars map, supported by Clan BotR. For those, who only came for the project and somehow know me,
or for those, who want to have a glimpse upon what I am working atm before deciding to put effort into one of my crazy requests,
here's the link to my current project:
http://www.brigandshaven.net/forums/azeroth-wars-domination-of-terror.39/

----------------------------------------

Today's request is kinda easy. Or - at least I think so, because I know nothing about complex models like the Deathwing one, made by Kwaliti.
I leave it for you to judge upon what I demand in this nice screenshot - all you should know is, that I have permission to have the model edited in this way, since it serves merely the reason of reduceing valuable KB space.
Here you go:
fc64b2cbce.png

In any case I will be glad about responses. Don't be shy - you can't disappoint me, when the model still looks good and has 200-300 KB less than before thanks to animations I do not need. :)

Level 21
I guarantee you that your request would have been done a lot sooner if you put everything else in hidden tags other than a link to Kwaliti's model and "I need this to have a smaller file size."

The textures have been shrunken down and compressed without losing much (if any noticeable) quality. The model has been squished. I don't think there's much else that can be done without losing too much quality other than what Xonok suggested.

Attachments

• Deathwing(Lower File Size).zip
    179.4 KB · Views: 42
Level 3
Well, guess I type too much. ^^

I was only scared that people would then tell me to be more descriptive about what I want to have, but yeah, I guess this should work for me.
Guess I will use the tool, Xonok proposed, should I need more stuff removed in hope that it is easy to handle.

In any regards my thanks. You two will be mentioned in the credits of the map.

Status
Not open for further replies.