• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hive Keeper - Dungeon Keeper remake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 48
I don't know if you changed that in 0.02, but in 0.01 the interval between waves is way too short. There's not enough time to dig out rooms between waves. They attack way too fast, even though I could beat the game with Mind Blast and some fully trained Ultralisks, Mutalings and Zerglings. (Only ever had one Nydus Worm, though)

Level 7
the real dungeon keeper doesnt have attack waves in multiplayer.(only in single player.) i would prefer a map that contains genuine dungeon keeper multiplayer gameplay.

In fact it's the single player version (clearly written in the loading screen).
I disabled multiplayer because I need to fix a performance issue and it's not very simple to do!

Level 7
I fixed a lot of things and released the new version.
Here is the changelog for v 0.03

BUG FIX
o Removed the starting 12 used supplies when you have 0 creatures
o Enemy heroes no longer freeze their AI trying to attack feederlings
o Moved the feederling AI into a single thread to deny the "too many thread" error that happens when you have huge hatcheries in game.
o Removed the exceeding nydus worms that where spawning on the bottom left corner of the map
o Fixed a glitch that allowed to reduce the vespene cost of spawn drone by grabbing them with the keeper's hand
o Fixed a glitch that didn't count the vespene unkeep for grabbed drones
o Trigger error message appearing on heroes deaths should be fixed now

CHANGES
o Creatures with less then 75% life now will automatically go to sleep to restore their life
o Vespene cost of Mind Blast and Spawn drone spell increased again
o Increased creatures awarness range
o Slighly increased units model size
o Added few ingame basic tips to help new players, they should appear only if you are not doing the right things
o Modified the spawn drone button tooltip

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
I managed to complete the map. The extra units and a change of stratergy helped.

Happiness seems messed up. I had tons of units which had a constants unhappy face over them yet selecting them to show their status mentioned nothing why they appeared unhappy. Further more, they remained with me showing that they were unhappy for the rest of the game. I suspect there is a fault in the happiness engine as they acted perfectly content (these were mutalisks, the only unit that left me for being unhappy was a hydralisk).

The level system seems messed up. I understand that units get stronger as they level but do you not think it is a bit extreem? Some level 6-7 heroes one hitted a level 1 unit of mine. In DK2 even a high level dark angle (strongest unit in the game) would need atleast 2 hits to kill week level 1s. I looked at the stats of my level 7 units and they had over 1000 HP and 100 damage while level 1 units have under 100 HP and 10 damage. This scaling is stupid as a level 10 unit could probably kill a near endless number of level 1s or even level 3s. Yes level 10 should be noticably stronger than a level 1 unit but only atmost 10 times stronger and not 100-1000 times stronger.

Drones still need multi tasking. When you have large numbers it seems rather stupid that 20 of them will all rush to kill 1 wall when there are dozens of tiles and walls that need refining.

Level 48
Just finished the map on the latest version.

It really seems to be shaping up now! I honestly think it's a bit dull and easy, though. All I had to do was to build a few of each room type, and then mass-select all my units with my hand and drop them on top of the enemy. Didn't even need Mind Blast. I'm really looking forward to all the new room types, traps, doors, spellcasters, etc. :3

Level 7
Version 0.04 has been released and the changelog is HUUUUUUUUUGE :p

BUG FIX
o Removed the double minus on room usage floating texts
o Fixed a bug that didn't allow tired creatures without a bed to abort their current task to go sleep
o Fixed a bug that made creatures wander between lair and hatchery when hungry and hurt
o Fixed a bug that didn't allow medics to attack the hive heart
o Reduced the frequency of a bug that screws queens and medics AI when their healing ability is not in cooldown
o Fixed a bug that caused creatures to full heal while eating feederlings
o Fixed a bug that didn't allow creatures to gain and loss happiness properly

CHANGES
o Guard room functionality enabled, now it can be used to increase creature awareness range
o Dropping a creature inside a room will now force use of it when possible
o Dropping a creature on a owned nydus worm will now force it to leave
o Reworked the creatures fighting AI allowing creatures to help allies in combat even if they can't spot the enemy
o Added a new keeper's spell researchable in the library: Transfusion
o Increased creatures pick radius
o Added glow for highlighted units
o Increased rest time for creatures
o Decreased rest health regeneration for creatures
o Decreased the chance of movement for wandering creatures and drones
o Now it's possible to drop creatures on neutral ground
o Increased required level for drone haste ability to 4
o Decreased drones experience gaining from work
o Wave 4 slightly nerfed due to the first presence of an enemy medic
o Changed mouse cursors for minerals and structures
o Reduced the starving damage
o Added cap to vespene generation

Level 7
And the new version with the trap system is finally out ;)
I really need a lot of testers so I can fix some bugs and then start with the multiplayer version!
Enjoy

Here is the complete changelog:

CHANGES
o Trap system implemented. Workshops can now be used to research and craft traps for your hive.
o Added 3 new traps: Spore Cannon, Gas Trap and Barricade
o Added a new keeper's spell researchable in the library: Sight of Evil
o Added level 2 upgrades for all available spells
o Added "charge" ability to aberrations: charges an enemy dealing damage to all the enemies on the path
o Added "concussive shot" ability to marauders: deals high damage and temporary disable traps
o Added "eviscerate" ability to zerglings and pygalisks: deals bleeding damage to an enemy target over time
o Added "cleave" ability to pygalisks: deals damage in a frontal cone
o Added "venomous spine" ability to hydralisks: deals damage over time and slows enemy targets
o Reduced mana generated by conquered tiles
o Increased spell research bonus affected by creature level
o Dirt tiles life slightly decreased
o Reinforced tiles life greatly increased
o Spawn drone can now be casted on neutral territory
o Increased hero waves difficulty to balance the new traps placement
o Increased amount of waves to 15
o Heroes will now drop minerals on death
o Disabled the mouse drag box when not needed
o ESC button now closes the research menu
o Opening the research menu with M will now show the previously selected research tree
o Changed research tabs order in the research menu to reflect the same order in the game UI
o Addedd UI button to open the research menu

BUG FIX
o Fixed a bug that freezed tasks on tiles when an assigned drone died
o Fixed a bug that sometimes freezed creatures AI after a fight
o Fixed a bug that didn't limit the amount of drones that can dig a tile from one side
o Fixed bug that didn't remove resources on rooms usage
o Fixed bug that kept creatures sleeping after a grab/drop
o Fixed trigger error happening with units using small rooms
o Fixed double click behavior on the main UI tabs
o Fixed the guard room requirement tooltip for hydralisks

Level 7
With the last couple of patches I'm getting closer to the release of the game, for this reason I decided to drastically increase the map version and to merge the 2 map versions (single and multiplayer) into one called "Hive Keeper" only, you can find it on b.net EU and NA.
Possession is finally out (in a preview form) and really looks great, specially with the new textures I made for wall tiles.

Changelog for versions 0.90 and 0.91

CHANGES
o New spell available: Possession (partially implemented)
o New multiplayer map added: Underground Bunker
o Overall traps mineral costs reduced
o Improved tiles textures
o Improved game lighting
o Gas traps and scourgeling nests are now hidden until they start attacking

BUG FIX
o Fixed a textures glitch that was causing dirt and rock tiles to appear pink on low graphic settings
o Fixed a bug that was blocking traps research
o Fixed a bug that could cause the stop of mouse cursor changing

Level 21
the real dungeon keeper have been ported to newer software so it can be played in modern systems but, it still requires the original game. i have now tested it and it have some problems. creatures leave because they cant sleep properly(there isnt such a thing in the dungeon keeper games), some creatures have problems with getting food despite there being plenty in the hatchery, the drones stop working if the treasury is full and they keep gathering minerals, there isnt any tooltips when mousing over stuff(there is in dungeon keeper), the worst issue however is that the script break after playing for about 2 hours and then i cant do anything. another issue is that digging isnt the default action but slapping is.(in dungeon keeper they both are.) it did however feel like dungeon keeper, just get those bugs fixed. another problem is that research isnt automatic but everything is chosen from a research menu.(it is automatic in dungeon keeper.)

Last edited:
Level 7
I was finally able to finish the total UI rework, the new version is published on all b.net servers!
There are so many new features that I can't list all of them, just check these screenshots and try the map.

Full Changelog:

CHANGES
o Game UI completely remade, the work is not complete yet but it already include improvements and new features
o Improved drones AI, close tasks will now be priorized
o Army UI moved in the bottom part of the screen under the Army Panel Tab
o It is now possible to remove the current selected tool by pressing the ESC key or by pressing the right mouse button
o It is now possible to quickly delete alerts by right clicking on the respective icons

BUG FIX
o Removed visibility for enemy treasury minerals

Status
Not open for further replies.