• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Looking for Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
I decided to try my hand at creating gory death animations.

This model has both a headshot animation and a death animation involving an arm coming off. I'd appreciate it if experienced modellers could take a look at them and give me some feedback.

Please Note: The animations don't work quite right in the Warcraft game, only in Magos' Model Editor. So if you plan on looking at them, please use Magos' to view them.

Thanks,
Wingednosering

Attachments

• Headshot11.mdx
    149.3 KB · Views: 127
hmm, looks like you transfered animations from the peasant and the archer and then you edited them. Well, where should I start?

Basic Issues:
1º The cape is static, I suggest you to give it some motion atleast.

2º The bones are seen during one of the deaths, I would suggest you to fix that.

3º Move Bone_Root a bit more up in Death Armshot, he's stabbed into the ground.

4º The arm which goes out lacks an impact with ground, once it hits ground it remains static like if he hadn't recieved an impact.

5º Particle number is very high, reduce emitted particles by half, increase sizes and reduce lifespan.

6º The rifle should also be animated.

That's all for now, do it and we can talk seriously afterwards.

Level 12
Thanks for the feedback.

Yeah, I wasn't suggesting this model was anywhere near done, I was just asking for feedback before I continue with it. I wasn't sure that I was going in the right direction, so to speak.

The gun, cape and whatnot, obviously aren't done, I just wanted feedback concerning the actual changes to the face after the headshot, the arm flying, the bones sticking out of the arm, particle emitters, etc;

The arm remaining static once it hits the gorund and the particles needing to be bigger are both really helpful.

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.