• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Strategy / Risk] The Ways of a Fighter

Which way would you like the project to be in?

• Come in separate maps.

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Come in a campaghin.

Votes: 15 83.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

bethmachine

Banned
Level 8
Welcome To

DIII_WarcraftArt_zpsc81a7fb6.jpg
Makers Note

Hey there fellow hivers I will be bringing you my new project The Ways of a Fighter (name is not permanent yet give idea of a different name) I thought of this idea sometime ago and decided to make it. I am having fun making this map as I and 5 other people person working on this project. (If you
want to join the team or help don’t hesitate to tell me.)

Story

Prologue

A fine day it is, the blue sea: its glittering saltwater and clear waters, filled with life. Captain Morgan, his old trusty ship and his crewmates, all buckled up and ready for a good ol’ adventure. Met by these beautiful creatures and the view of the sea, they were all full of delight. Passing through paradise-like islands, the wind suddenly became violent. Storms surged, and the clouds became dark. Morgan and his men did not mind, they rushed through everything until they came along a whirlpool. Being the veteran that he is, Morgan smoothly controlled the old ship, and escaped this calamity. They rejoiced, laughed and smiled. The dark clouds remained, and nothing could be seen except the thick fog that covered their vision. Never faltering, they went through with their voyages, being a veteran had its advantage. Morgan knew what he was doing and laughed everything out. The city can almost be seen once again, the crew knew they had done a job well done. One by one, the men fell down, the captain and his crew all became nothing but skulls and bones. A young sailor, terrified at this sight, quickly took the captain’s seat. Desperate for salvation, he drove the old ship with no sense of direction. And, the ship he rode on crashed through an island.

The next day, he woke, clothes tattered, hats torn, and bodies everywhere. The young sailor had remembered the nightmare that had occurred. Knowing that his crewmates had died, he walks around, stranded in an island trying to save his own and see the light of day once more.The sailor tries to search for some signs of life in this distraught island.(Will be made into a cinematic intoducing the game if you are good at making cinematics and are intrested in doing this please ask it will be apreciated)

Chapter 1

As the night passed, dawn soon came. Our young sailor awoke from his unconscious state. Feeling dizzy it was hard for our sailor to stand, everything was just a blur. He could hardly see his own hand, in his mind he was saying where am I and what am I doing here. Here the cold winds cut through to the very bones making it more like hell than a paradise. There was pieces of wood that had obviously broken off from the ship now knowing the ship was destroyed there was a strange pain in his heart. It was hard for him to breathe. The clothes he was wearing was as wet as the sea itself. He knew he was dying slowly fading into this corrupted land. The only thing keeping him alive was the hope to find his crewmates and lead them to a brighter future. if they were still alive. He stood up by the shore of this corrupted island with that one hope in his heart. The shores and mountains seem to stretch for miles. Knowing he could be stuck here forever doubt started to grow in his heart. “No”, he said there is no place in my heart for doubt I must scurry on for the life of me and my crewmates. In his mind he was saying “why not just end this torture now.”But he’s heart was telling him to go on that he would live. He slowly started to walk forward.
When All of a sudden a patch of grass, approximately a few meters away from him started to shake he slowly approached it. He’s heart was beating at a fast rate as he approached the patch of grass. When a wild baboon jumped out of the patch of grass, luckily the sailor had been prepared for this. He grabbed the baboon on the neck and ripped apart its jaw killing it instantly. He was shaking after that attack, knowing this was just a taste of what this island had in store for him. He is in the worst position any human could ever be in. It was simple kill or be killed in this island you have no choice. He is looking for his crew will it be his end or a new beginning? (Still under construction so expect to see more. )

Chapter 2

Coming soon…. (Tell me what you would like to see in chapter 2)

What is unique about this map?

*This map has three chapters with very interesting stories.
*You choose from 4 classes’ warrior, conjurer, thief and hunter each supporting a different role.
*You see items you equip on your hero.
*The first chapter is about survival while the second you learn about the evil and the third you go and try to defeat the evil.
*There will be more than one chapter as you can see in the story.
*This project is a single player map for all you single player lovers.
*Allot of bosses plus they are all unique.
*More than one island so there is a lot to explore.
*Random generated weather all influencing the gameplay.
*You gain traits to spend on your hero for he's abilities when you kill a boss or find a monument to worship a bit like Skyrim.
*There is so many other islands to discover.
*Remember what you do ditermines the outcome of the game like you could be evil or good.
*Tons of unique animals and castaway bandits to fight they will all be scripted.
*There is so many abilities you can get just have to suck the souls of all the bosses you kill.
*You can unlock achievments that give you stat boosts or unlock a new weapon or class.So mnay things to discover.
*Windowed inventory and ability system to make game more alive.
*(There is still more to come and ideas are welcome)

Screenshots & videos

scene1_zps86bd5b3d.jpg

scene2_zps3ce510ac.jpg

scene3_zpsc6fd553d.jpg

scene4_zpscd123a39.jpg

scene5_zps1a450892.jpg

scene6_zpse542d2c1.jpg

scene2_zps2a859452.jpg

scene3_zps1a87a4a1.jpg

scene4_zpse5f6a653.jpg

scene6_zps6a97fd42.jpg

scene1_zps97e2ad2d.jpg

scene5_zps042c5972.jpg

(Look at the difference between the older one and the latest one.)

WC3ScrnShot_061513_234646_11_zpsf6e3ce7c.jpg

WC3ScrnShot_061513_234646_11_zpsf6e3ce7c.jpg

WC3ScrnShot_061513_234610_08_zpsa0b9bd0b.jpg

WC3ScrnShot_061513_234554_06_zps7e70a3b2.jpg

WC3ScrnShot_061513_234559_07_zps0932c5df.jpg

WC3ScrnShot_061513_234920_12_zps65f15daa.jpg

WC3ScrnShot_061513_234622_09_zps6cefcca3.jpg

WC3ScrnShot_061513_234628_10_zps625f23d2.jpg

WC3ScrnShot_061513_234308_04_zps17298dce.jpg

WC3ScrnShot_061513_233935_01_zpsd774dca6.jpg

WC3ScrnShot_061513_234027_02_zps8a37d357.jpg

WC3ScrnShot_061513_234208_03_zps973430ac.jpg

(Still more to come.)

Team

So far I and five other people are working on this map. If you like this project and you would like the progress to go a bit faster please offer your help. PM or post here if you prefer to tell me you want to work on this map and join the team. I desperately need someone that is good at GUI to help me with the triggers but not do all of it. I need a modeler to help me make attachment models mostly. A terainer to help improve my terrains. (Thank you in advance)

Bethmachine: Project Leader
MasterTrainer: GUI coder,terrainer,2d artist
Hexcellion: Story writer
Hades17:Terrainer and GUI coder.

Retera: Modeler
Eubz: Music maker and modeler

Credits

*Makers of UTM for their awesome map.
*Makers of WEU for their awesome tool.
*A few exports from SoTP it was really appreciated.
*A few exports from Extreme Survival it was really appreciated.
*To MasterTrainer for helping me with the land screen.
(There is still more to come as I go on with the map)
And to you for reading this thank you very much.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Boss Suggestion & Improvement Section

500-worgen-art_zps70ed3b7a.jpg

Description

This section is meant to show you what boss we have and there abilities plus for you to see if there abilities are well balanced plus a few screenshots on where you fight them.(If you do not like to know too much about the game and would rather want to discover it while playing, don't go further than this sentence.)

Story Bosses

models_12343_screenshot_tnb.jpg

Name:Gilbert
Model: Cave Goblin
Ability's: Still being thought over
Story: He used to be a man that also got stranded in this Island looking for away to survive he landed up in cave.As time passed the island started changing him to the monstrosity he is now.
Info on boss:
*Was stranded here 20 years ago and has never escaped.
*Should be 56 years old now.
*Hes parents are still unknown till now.
Boss main stats:Strength

He is the first boss you fight

WC3ScrnShot_060213_160343_02_zpsa5dd46a3.jpg

WC3ScrnShot_060213_160358_03_zps491645a3.jpg

(There is still more to come)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Optional Bosses

models_1681_screenshot_tnb.jpg

Name:Thro'kar
Model: Troll thrasher
Ability's: Still being thought over
Story: He was kept here by hes fellow trolls for punishment. He had learned the ancient and deadly ways of the trolls being so powerful the trolls trapped him in a enchanted cage and left him here hoping he would die in these lands. Instead this place made him stronger and now he is looking for revenge.
Info on boss:
*Was stranded here for a long time and almost escaped.
*Should be 505 years old now.
*Hes clan is the Blood Narrow clan.
Boss main stats:Agility

(There is still more coming give in your ideas for what boss you want to see give there model link and there ability's + a little story.)

Remember if you like my Project please nominate it the link is below.
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...tlight-mayjune-2013-nomination-thread-235770/

Last edited:
Level 12
First of all, is it way or ways? Check your post to see what I mean. Second, the sailor could be named Popeye. Third, is this an SRPG or a Campaign? Fourth, why settle with two chapters? Is it going to suffice? Fifth, the screenshots look good but they only show one place. Around 2-3 screenshots of the same place with different angles and stuff would be enough. And lastly, I am interested. Subscribed.

bethmachine

Banned
Level 8
First of all, is it way or ways? Check your post to see what I mean. Second, the sailor could be named Popeye. Third, is this an SRPG or a Campaign? Fourth, why settle with two chapters? Is it going to suffice? Fifth, the screenshots look good but they only show one place. Around 2-3 screenshots of the same place with different angles and stuff would be enough. And lastly, I am interested. Subscribed.

1.It is the ways.
2.Yes I thought about that but I said it sounded stupid.
3.It will most likely come in two different maps.
4.I could make more but I need ideas.
5.Oops, I will add more screenshots of different places.
6.Thanks for being interested.

bethmachine

Banned
Level 8
I don't know yet I think it will come in separate maps or maybe a campaign which one do you think is better.

What do you think about the terrain?
Yes I would like you to edit it thanks allot for asking.

bethmachine

Banned
Level 8
yes i would like you to edit it.

+Plus I would like to know how you guys would like the 1st chapter must it be extreme survival like jungle trolls reborn or something different waiting for your ideas.

bethmachine

Banned
Level 8
Thanks dude that was very helpful.Is there any chance that you know someone that can help me with a signature for this project.Plus do you guys want the survival level for this map to be high like jungle trolls reborn or a bit different please give your ideas on this subject.

bethmachine

Banned
Level 8
Could you be my terrainer help me a bit with some triggers and give me ideas that would be all hopefully hope its not to much.

bethmachine

Banned
Level 8
triggering it is thanks for your help will add you in team members soon. I am done with that screenshots will be added tomorrow showing different areas.

Last edited:
Level 12
Here's my chapter 1 rework, hope you like it:

How a Good Day Ends Into a Bad One

A fine day it is, the blue sea: its glittering saltwater and clear waters, filled with life. Captain Morgan, his old trusty ship and his crewmates, all buckled up and ready for a good ol’ adventure. Met by these beautiful creatures and the view of the sea, they were all full of delight. Passing through paradise-like islands, the wind suddenly became violent. Storms surged, and the clouds became dark. Morgan and his men did not mind, they rushed through everything until they came along a whirlpool. Being the veteran that he is, Morgan smoothly controlled the old ship, and escaped this calamity. They rejoiced, laughed and smiled. The dark clouds remained, and nothing could be seen except the thick fog that covered their vision. Never faltering, they went through with their voyages, being a veteran had its advantage. Morgan knew what he was doing and laughed everything out. The city can almost be seen once again, the crew knew they had done a job well done. One by one, the men fell down, the captain and his crew all became nothing but skulls and bones. A young sailor, terrified at this sight, quickly took the captain’s seat. Desperate for salvation, he drove the old ship with no sense of direction. And, the ship he rode on crashed through an island.

The next day, he woke, clothes tattered, hats torn, and bodies everywhere. The young sailor had remembered the nightmare that had occurred. Knowing that his crewmates had died, he walks around, stranded in an island trying to save his own and see the light of day once more.

I rushed it a bit, but I may edit this once I'm free for some time killing.

bethmachine

Banned
Level 8
Awesome dude your amazing thanks a lot.There is only one thing you can add is at the end to say something like he is looking for any survivors but if it is going to much of the story forget about it once again thanks.

Level 30
Hello there, seen this project many times and I think this is the time I should say what I think about the project here.

Firstly, I like the game's story or should we say lore, it is very detailed.

Second, the features are kind of unique, I do like to see two chapters each with different goals, spell based attack system and more..

Third, the terrain, very nice! Terrain is not that flat and empty. It is filled well with doodads fitting in the environment itself. But my only concern are those big trees! They might block player's view with those.

Overall, this is a promising project. I would like to see more in this and better you are with MasterTrainer who is good at Triggering and Terraining.

~Subscribing here!~

Status
Not open for further replies.