• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Altered Melee] Melee with no Heroes

What Name should used for the Map?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hello guys. So the time is come to show you my current project.

Its a Altered Melee-Map, where u cant train or revive any heroes. Its include the normal WC3-Races Humans, Orcs, Undeads and Nightelves. Also switch the techtree of all four races a little bit(Fast training of Spellcasters).

Trainingbuildings like Baracks, Crypts, Spiritlodges and Chimaeraroosts can only train units and dont research any techs. All techs can be researched in Altars now, yes ALL.

New Units, upgrades and spells are available. This includes new spells for priest, shamans and co.

Also the most units can carries items and I changed most of the items, which can be buy in the shops of every race in cheap custom weapons and armors. They work like little unique upgrades. But be carefully, when units dies, the items are away for ever.

In the final stage, there are till 10 randomly options for AI-Players of else race for more varieties in soloplay.

Process

Units: 79%
Upgrades: 92%
Spells: 73%
Items: 87%
AI: 13%
Total: 81%

NEW UNITS

NEW SPELLS

NEW Upgrades

NEW Items

Orcs

Humans

Undeads

Nightelves

IconNameAbilitiesProcess
icons_15181_btn.jpg
Troll-SkullsplinterArmorbreakDone
BTNThunderLizard.png
ThunderbeastThunderflesh/ElectroshockDone
BTNSpiritWolf.png
SpiritwolfPermanent Invisiblity/Critical StrikeDone

IconNameAbilitiesProcess
icons_7710_btn.jpg
PhoenixPhoenixfire/PhoenixashesDone
icons_14027_btn.jpg
ThiefTheft/Throw ItemDone
BTNBanditMage.png
ArchmageBannish/Blizzard/Conflagration/MassrecallDone
IconNameAbilitiesProcess
BTNZombie.png
ZombieLifesteal/Victim RitualDone
BTNArachnathidpurple.png
CryptbeastSpawn Scarab/Burrow/ChitinDone
BTNRevenant.png
LichInfesting Ground/Spawn Bonelash/Death and Decay/InfernoUndone
IconNameAbilitiesProcess
BTNNightElfRunner.png
GardnessEvade/PanthertamingDone
icons_4830_btn.jpg
PantherSavage/PanthertamingDone
BTNAssassin.png
AssassinEvade/ShadowbladeDone
KeeperLiving Earth/Entangling Roots/Force of NatureUndone

Orcs

Humans

Undeads

Nightelves

NameIconDiscription
Armorbreak
icons_11198_pas.jpg

Give a chance of 8% to destroy a item of the attacked one.

Thunderflesh

icons_9784_btn.jpg

Reduce the taken damage by 15 points, while not attacking. Attacks can not reduce under 5 points damage. When attacking, this effect is deactivated for 0.75 seconds.

Electroshock

BTNStun.png

Stun enemys with a electrical buff like "Purge" or "Lightningshield" for 0.75 Seconds.

Lightning Call

BTNControlMagic.png

Allowed the shaman to attack Buildings with highvoltaged lightnings. Deals more damage and have a higher range.

Lightning Deflector

Voodoward

Healing Wave
NameIconDiscription
Theft
icons_7812_btn.jpg

Theft one item of the target groundunit. If the Theft have not enough space in his inventory, he drop the effected item in front of him. Can used by allied units too.

Throw Item

icons_10615_btn.jpg

Throw the first item in iteminventory to the target allied unit.

Call

BTNMassTeleport.png

Call the target unit to the sorceress.

Holy Shield

Stunning Shot

icons_12154_pas.jpg

Have a chance of 15%, to damage a attacked by 5 extrapoints. Also stun this unit for 0.5 seconds.

Bannish

Blizzard

Conflagration

Massteleport
NameIconDiscription

Lifesteal

PASBTNVampiricAura.png

The Zombie become 150% of dealing damage against enemy units.

Victim Ritual

BTNDeathCoil.png

The Zombie loos 100 of his hitpoints to heal a friendly undead unit by 100 or a enemy dead unit for 50 points.

Spawn Scarab

BTNCarrionScarabsOff.png

Spawn a scarab from a corpse. Can spawn maximal 2 Scarabs. The Scarabs dies, when the spawning Cryptbeast are killed.

Thornshield

PASBTNThornShield.png

Deals 30% from meleedamage to his source backward.

Frostarmor

Animate Dead

Sleep
NameIconDiscription

Evade

icons_4476_pas.jpg

Give a chance of 15%, to evade a attack.

Panthertaming

BTNHuntress.png

Mount a Panther to change in a Huntress. The Huntress have the same damage like Gardness, but increased range.

Savage

icons_3444_pas.jpg

Deals more damage against units with items. Increase damage by 50% per item.

Shadowblade

PASBTNCleavingAttack.png

The Assasin deals 60 points more damage, when she attacked from "Hide".

Magic Owl

icons_10595_btn.jpg

Call a Magic Owl, which fly to his target and try to attack it. When the target unit dies, nearly enemy units will be attacken. Cann attack just one time. Magic Owls are slowy and invulnerable. Deals 250 points damage.

Natures Rage

Scout

Hybernate

Manaburn

Firespears

Dip

icons_6557_pas.jpg

This wisp get invisible, when it harvest wood.

Orcs

Humans

Undeads

Nightelves

NameIconDiscription

Shaman-Grandmaster-Training

Witchdoctor-Grandmaster-Training

Spiritwalker-Grandmaster-Training

Lightningcall

Critical Strike

Armorbreak

Black Mystic

Troll-Stamina

Bloodhoofs
NameIconDiscription

Priest-Grandmaster-Training

Sorceress-Grandmaster-Training

Archmage-Adept-Training

Archmage-Master-Training

Archmage-Grandmaster-Training

Stunning Shot

Magic Blockade

Phoenixrage

Backpage

Hard Training
NameIconDiscription

Necromancer-Grandmaster-Training

Banshee-Grandmaster-Training

Deep Shadows

Thorned Shield

Intensify Teeth

Intelligent Projectiles

Improved Restoration

NameIconDiscription

Druid of the Talon-Grandmaster-Training

Druid of the claw-Grandmaster-Training

Panthertaming

Firespears

Starfall

Dip

Orcs

Humans

Undeads

Nightelves

NameIconDiscription

Staff of Sanctuary

Voododoll

Blackrockblade

Spiked Shield
NameIconDiscription

Little Townhall

Rustily Miner Pickax

Shieldsword

Arcane Coat

Royal Armor
NameIconDiscription

Diseastercloak

Ghostcape

Damned Scythe

Bonecap

Shadowboots
NameIconDiscription

Sentinel

Elunes Chain

Moonlightmask

Moonnightsword

Flamemantle

Wild Knives

I will update this post for more informations in future.

-Improve discription of all units
-Destroy memoryleaking
-Make Triggers for MUI practicable
-Transfer concept on a other map

Every help in form of tips, suggestions, maptests, bug-or spellingreports etc. are always welcome.

[self=http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin.php?id=dd0de9]TEST ME[/self]

Last edited:
Level 32
Whitewolf8, that sounds so horrible :/. Like he had no other name for it. An original map name would be great. How about: Armored War, Expansion, Ancient Militaries, Mythical Battlefields, Kingdoms of Warcraft, Rise/Reign of the Armies,.

I'm really urging for you to make the altar have a purpose rather than a techtree building. Maybe train one type of special unit or have an aura/abilities like I suggested before.

Level 7
SCN, you have really nice ideas for names. XD
Specially I like Armored War and Rise/Reign of the armies.

But the altars... become never a aura or a other special thing from me. Becouz I think, thats destroy the game. But for later versions, I want use the Advanced Builds-System for make more building. Maybe then i make some buildings with abilitys like global Auras or what else.

Level 6
I have tested your map and have found two little bugs c:
1 The Arcane Coat item does not increase mana regeneration.
2 The slow effect of the Royal Armor item does not stack (dont know if it's supposed to be)

My suggestion is to fix your tooltips a little, and find a better use of the altars. Good luck.

Daffa the Mage Opinion for [Altered Melee] the Death of Heroes

Hello The_New_Divide,

I would like to share my opinion of your map the Death of Heroes.

TERRAINING
Well, for me, I don't see any real flaws in your terrain, except that I can't stand the different tone [tileset] of northeastern zone and southwestern zone, also, the map is more like for 2v2, I recommend split the starting position more. But for the rest, I don't see any real flaws, good job.

3/5 - Useful

TRIGGERING
Your triggers, after my check on WE, it seems to have major amount of leaks. Also, some of them aren't MUI, which can cause some unwanted effect during gameplay.

1/5 - Unacceptable

GAMEPLAY
It seems the gameplay mostly share Melee play, except that you don't have heroes to wreck enemy lines, this results to slower game pace until everyone has massed an army to pawn other bases and camps.
Also, some Tooltip such as Banshee, Necromancer and many others still have their default where actually they are modified. It's however, a good job on trying to give a new atmosphere to Melee Maps [mostly like WC II].

2/5 - Lacking

BUGS + IMBALANCES
1. Cryptbeast's Burrow renders him unselectable, but he's not removed and causes issue with player's food
2. Ghost Cape item is OP as shit, unless player has invisible detector, they're doomed.
3. Necromancer has Scout ability which he can't learn

TYPOS
1. Bloodhoff --> Bloodhoof
2. Grandmaster --> Grand Master

OTHER SUGGESTIONS
1. Add some more units
2. Add more items
3. Improve the AI [make them use advanced troops]
4. Add more spells
5. Give Altar some kind of "blessing" where whenever used give player a certain boost for awhile.

FINAL RATING

2/5 - Lacking

CONTACT ME
If you have suggestions, complaints or anything regarding my review, you can directly contact me by any of these :
PM Daffa the Mage
Leave a Visitor Message for Daffa the Mage (Requires Friendship)
Note that I recommend sending the message directly to my PM as I will prioritize them over the rest.

Have a Nice Day,
~Daffa the Mage

Attachments

• The_New_Divide.w3g
    169 KB · Views: 54
Level 7
Hard but fair judgement. +Rep for that

1. Add some more units
2. Add more items
3. Improve the AI [make them use advanced troops]
4. Add more spells
5. Give Altar some kind of "blessing" where whenever used give player a certain boost for awhile.
1.The undone will come. More after Release
2.Will happen
Im to lazy at the moment^^
4.Will happen
5.NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Ok i see what i can do.

Edit: Daffa_The_Mage, I see you have played the undeads. Im sure you was dissapointed about the less items. The other races have more at the moment.

And I have played with the models for the cryptbeast... and forget to reset this.

2. Ghost Cape item is OP as shit, unless player has invisible detector, they're doomed.

Cost 200 gold(This much) and need highest tier. Against AI they are overpowered but not against real players I think. BTW Items get destroyed, when their carrier dies.

Last edited:
Level 7
I believe Orc and NE never has a detector by default (Dust of Appearance?), did you give them Detector as well?

Orc have witchdocs. NE have Sentinel as Item and Stormcrows with the ability "scout". I have add this accidently to necromancer(You remember?). Also the goblinshops sell this specific powder.

Also, I manage to gather 2K gold for the game (from main gold mine) since I don't expand.
Yes and...? The goldmines have the standart 12500 gold.
You can check the replay (1.26a) as well :)
checked^^

Level 6
someone use wisp to spy, and it invinsible so ..., you can control all the map, u know where will they go, what will they do, etc

Level 32
Okay, well I just lost...

I'm sure someone mentioned this before, but the AI seems broken. I have only seen them train mostly ranged units, semi-massed up. The upgrades/damage are way to high, especially for ranged. Remember, many people play Warcraft because units don't die so fast, there is actually a lasting battle.

I see that new units, have target spells. The only bad thing about that is, without heroes, there wouldn't be a lot of support, and just a bunch of targeting units. I find that annoying, and it makes it not seem like an RTS. The game is slow in the beginning because you need 2-3 extra units more than regular melee to creep since the hero can take the damage with support.

My final thought is, I don't think it is gameplay worthy yet. I would change all the units, and many of the systems. Not just techtree and extra units.

(HP, mana, armor, can be used for many things)
(Gold, lumber, bounty, and food can be used for many things aswell)

As an RTS map maker, I always change a lot of the system because I want it to be original because that game type is the most popular map type in WarCraft.

What I suggest:

-Balance and change all the units to your liking.
-This is a great one, change the unit spacing of the buildings, the WC spacing is really weird with the types of buildings in it.
-Change the food cap larger
-Slightly speed up training times
-Practice AI skills :)
-more probably coming, I only played for less than 10 :/

Status
Not open for further replies.