• πŸ† Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. πŸ”—Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Aeon of Strife] Clash of the Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpasMaster

Hosted Project: SC
Level 23
380691artbitvanezhitvoi.jpg

Clash of the Dead
By Hadeis & spasorc
Information[r]Clash of the Dead is a "Domination" map where the two opposing teams fight for control over strategic locations. These locations provide points which are the requirement for victory. Players will have to pick a hero out of a wide variety and engage in a 3v3 battle for domination!

Clash of the Dead aims to be fast-paced game where the victory depends rather on the players PvP and strategy skills. You won't be loosing because your opponents backdoored your tower. You won't loose because of super creeps. You will loose if you can't manage to fight the opposing team, carefully utilise your hero skills or lack strategy.

Features[r]β€’ "Shop within the Shop system": The shop in Clash of the Dead will use an easy-to-use system that players will probably know by heart after a few games. Sections will guide the player to the best possible build.

β€’ Control Points: There will be a total of 7 control points in Clash of the Dead. Three main CP's (Ancient Tomb, Temple Shrine and Moonwell) and four Obelisks. Main CP's provide 10 points per 10 seconds, while Obelisks provide 5 points per 10 seconds. The amount of points required for victory isn't decided yet.

β€’ Small size & Attack paths: Switching lanes or ganking will be essential part of the gameplay. The small distance between lanes allows tactical attacks by the respective team.

β€’ Creep Upgrades: While creeps don't have the ability to capture CP's and won't be able to destroy towers, there will be a variety of upgrades that will make them a moving weapon or shield for that matter when attempting to assault a CP.

β€’ Several Custom Stats: Clash of the Dead doesn't aim for fancy looks and loads of stats that may confuse the player. Almost 100% of the Warcraft 3 item stats & abilities will be there with the addition of custom Life Steal and possibly Spell/Attack Power.

β€’ Gameplay: Fast paced, Skill based gameplay. Know your hero, cooperate with your team, create a strategy and be victorious in Clash of the Dead.

Screenshots[r]
pic1lc.png

pic2e.png

pic5y.png

pic4uw.png

pic3c.png

mapgfk.png

gameplayscreenshot.png

Extra[r]
NameJobActive?
$MProject Leader, Co-creator, Terrain, Object Editor, Codeβœ“
HadeisCo-creator, Object Editor, Codeβœ“

Vunjo
Code, Testingβœ—
ArilidonoCode, Testingβœ—

Section:Progress:
Heroes[β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ]
Items[β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ]
Triggers[β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ]
Terrain[β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ]
Map-specific stuff[β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ]
Overall[β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ]

Please note that anything that you see is still "Work in Progress". Anything can change at any point as it's still very early.

Last edited:
Level 4
good project, continue with it, reminds me Arathi Basin the best bg in wow

Level 9
Eh, dude. Do you need any heroes ( including background lore etc. )? Or do you need the story of the map? Just give me the main idea and I'll create a nice little background story.

-Da Fist-

P.S. Oh, + Rep and Subscribed :D

SpasMaster

Level 23
Level 19
Well those attribute based spells seem nice.
I would really want to see fast paced combat, customization, unique heroes and items.
Thats about it, Not asking for unique features and all, just that fun factor. You dont need to spam it with those complicated stuff, just add features to make the game more efficient and enjoyable.

By fast paced - short cooldowns, low mana costs.
Customization - heroes can suit different builds and be customized to fit those builds.
Unique heroes and items - new concepts in abilities thats all.

Also, a jungle that actually makes sense. Like in LoL, where you get buffs and stuff.

SpasMaster

Level 23
I would really want to see fast paced combat, customization, unique heroes and items.
Thats about it, Not asking for unique features and all, just that fun factor.

This is what I am aiming for :)

By fast paced - short cooldowns, low mana costs.

That depends on the hero and the abilities. :/

Customization - heroes can suit different builds and be customized to fit those builds.

There is this feature that I will try to do where you will have 12 different "perks". You will be able to choose one or two. Perks will be picked before the start of the game and will provide different bonuses. Examples: Extra health, extra mana, bonus attack speed, poison attacks, reflect damage. I see that as a way to customize your hero :)

Unique heroes and items - new concepts in abilities thats all.

There will be both simple, known abilities aswell as highly triggered new ones. Whatever is needed for the hero's kit - it will be there, no matter if it's War Stomp or an ability never seend before. :p

SpasMaster

Level 23
Clash of the Dead is once again active.

It's been 7 difficult months for me. I've had some issues and lots of studying to do. In my free time I had to work on my main project - Sunken City and that unfortunately made me leave this behind for this time. Things aren't that different to this day. However, I thought that there is still hope for the project even if I am not able to fully dedicate myself to it.

Please welcome Hadeis. He will be the one mostly working on the map and will be co-creating it with me.

I'll be coming here from time to time, so please refer to him for future changes, ideas and what's going on.

We've worked on few things the last days and we hope to release beta as soon as possible.

Level 6
What the heck is this... another awesome game from spasorc..

What's tileset?.. sunken ruins?...

Make sure to put an AI...

Man i really really admire you in your sunken city.. on how everything is organized from objects to terrain..

This must be awesome than Sunken City.. Goodluck with this project [+Rep]

Level 6
I see your terrain and i am really amazed on how you make it.. its not empty and doodads are placed well..

I can suggest is FOCUS ON THE GAMEPLAY.. like creating unique heroes and not the normal warcraft 3 heroes like with STR,AGI,INT.. create something unique like Invasion In Duskwood.. create very unique names also like HOLYMANCER,MIST WEAVER..

I will subscribe to this.. goodluck to your updates..

Status
Not open for further replies.