• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

★ (6) Mass Destruction ★

Status
Not open for further replies.
★ (6)Mass Destruction ★

LogoRed.png

★ MASS DESTRUCTION ★
-realism, +fun

ABOUT
Choose your tank and join the battlefield, and experience devastation unmatched by any other Warcraft map.

Mass Destruction is a arcade-styled action-game for up to 6 players clashing together in an epic struggle for survival.

The player vehicle are controlled and moved around using the arrow keys and keyboard hotkeys.

Current stage of development:
1.0.0 released

D O W N L O A D

KEY FEATURES (1.0.0)
• Fast-paced, action-packed gameplay with up to 6 available players.
• Loads of weapons and power-ups.
• Multiple stages/levels.
• Customizeable control scheme.
• Fully functional GUI (Graphical User Interface) for in-game menus.
• Customizeable player profile, tank model/color, tank attributes and camera settings.
• Rank/leveling system with unlockable tank models.
• Highly destructible environments.
• Works on the new 1.24c patch.

GAME MODES
Deathmatch - Kill as many players as possible until the timer expires.
GameMode.jpg

Team Deathmatch - Kill as many enemy players as possible until the timer expires. Team killers will be punished.
GameMode3.jpg

Destruction - Destroy as much of the environment as possible in two minutes. Three rounds.
GameMode2.jpg

Annihilation - Stay alive for as long as possible. Last man standing wins the round.
The player with the highest total survival time wins the game.
GameMode4.jpg

Juggernaut - A random player will be picket to play as the Juggernaut tank. If the Juggernaut is destroyed, the tank that destroyed it is granted the Juggernaut status. Points are only earned for killing as the Juggernaut, or killing the Juggernaut. The player with the most points at the end of the round wins.
GameMode5.jpg

Capture the Flag - Capture the flag located somewhere in the map and try to keep it for as long as possible.
The player with the highest total 'flag time' after three rounds wins the game.
Mode_CaptureTheFlag.jpg

HOTKEYS
These are just the default hotkeys.
All keys are customizeable by the local player at runtime.

W = Fire current weapon
A/D = Browse between available weapons
S = Activate power-up
V = Jump
C = Quick camera browsing
R = Open radio dialog

WEAPONS
Primary:
HEAT.png
• High-Explosive Anti-Tank (HEAT) rounds
Secondary:
MachineGun.png
• Machine Gun

Additional weapons:
ATMissile.png
Anti-Tank Missiles
Flamethrower-1.png
Flamethrower
GatlingLaser.png
Gatling Laser
HighVelocityRockets.png
High Velocity Rockets
ConcussionBeam.png
Concussion Beam
PopUpMines.png
Pop-Up Mines
MortarLauncher.png
Mortar Launcher
EMPBurst.png
EMP Bursts

Power-ups:
Armor Bonus
Double Power
Double Armor
Hyper Cooler
Invincibility

SCREENSHOTS

ALPHA
GameplayWIP1.jpgGameplayWIP2.jpgOnlineGameplayWIP1.jpgMenuWIP1.jpg
OptionsWIP1.jpgLevelSelectWIP1.jpgOptionsWIP2.jpgGameplayWIP3.jpg
GameplayWIP4.jpg

PRE-BETA
MenuWIP2.jpgOptionsWIP3.jpgGameplayWIP5.jpgGameplayWIP6.jpg
GameplayWIP7.jpgGameplayWIP8.jpgGameplayWIP9.jpgHiRes1.jpg

BETA
N/A

FINAL
N/A

Beta Gameplay Footage

Game Design:
Sourc[e]x

Modeling:
Sourc[e]x

Scripting:
Sourc[e]x

Custom Terrain Art:
Game_Slave
Punisher_x
Sourc[e]x

Special Effects:
WILLTHEALMIGHTY
Sourc[e]x

Juggernaut tank model:
General Frank

Music:
Black-Cloak-of-Night
Scooter-16

Additional Systems:
PipeDream's Save System
Vexorian's TimerUtils
Rising_Dusk's GroupUtils

Code:
Changelog

• Pre-Beta release.

0.5.2:
 • A special effect has been added to the jump ability.
 • Tank preview models [I]should[/I] now display correctly on all platforms.
 • Tank armor has been increased by 50%.
 • Screen will now shake when the player is taking damage.
 • The chatbox texttags has been replaced with a new text system.
 • New weapon included: Flamethrower.
 • Host command added: "[B]-forceready[/B]" ; Forces all players into a 'ready' status to immediately start the game.
 • Numerous minor code changes and bug fixes.

0.6.0:
 • Map is now in beta state.
 • First actual level is under construction.
 • Four new unlockable tank models has been added.
 • New power-ups added: Hyper Cooler, Double Power and Double Armor.
 • Leveling up dialog now notifies players about tank model unlocks.
 • Fixed a bug with the leveling up dialog message.
 • Players can no longer level up in singleplayer games.
 • Level-creation code is now better organized and easier to maintain.
 • Tank portals implemented.
 • Host command added: "-skipscore" or "-skip" ; Quickly skip the scorescreen.

0.6.1:
 • Fixed a bug with the Invincibility timer.
 • Anti-tank missile damage reduced by 33%.
 • A lame flamethrower ammunition bug has been fixed.
 • Added a new tiny test level.
 • Major pathing cleanup of 'Circle of Destruction'.

0.7.0:
 • New weapons: Gatling Laser, High Velocity Rockets, Concussion Beam and Pop-up Mines
 • Fixed a bug with the radio dialog.
 • Added a dialog holding the Host Commands.
 • Camera damage shaking issue fixed.
 • New Game Mode added: Team Deathmatch.
 • All weapon icons added.
 • Level name is now displayed to all players.
 • A little scorescreen bug has been fixed.
 • Weapon code has been better organized.
 • Weapon power-up priorities has been changed.
 • Fixed a major issue with the deathmatch score counter.
 • When browsing between weapons, weapon icons will now display above your tank.
 • New weapon power-up models added.
 • Fixed a bug with the tank portals.
 • Handle data attachment method switched from '[H2I-offset]' to a safer hashtable method. The reason being handle ids exceeding the array sizes.
 • The scoretable code has been completely rewritten to support team matches.
 • New level added.
 • Fixed loads of minor bugs.

0.8.0:
 • Fixed a bug with the status bar (gameplay interface) not showing up when a dialog was active.
 • Added a spectator mode.
 • Respawn method has been improved.
 • Added two new gamemodes: Annihilation and Juggernaut.
 • Fixed a bug with the EMP cooldown timers.
 • Fixed a bug with the new scoretable not giving correct rewards.
 • New weapon added: Mortar Launcher.
 • Fixed a little graphic glitch with tank models remaining on the level after the game has ended.
 • The scoretable now displays empty (0) scores.
 • Updated the chatbox text system.
 • The game lobby`s texttags has been replaced with the new text system.
 • The "Best of round" award should now be working correctly.
 • Added game mode descriptions.
 • Added a new Host Command: "-kick" ; Opens up a dialog with a list of players to kick from the game.

0.9.0:
 • The game timer will now no longer be displayed in modes which doesn`t use it.
 • To make things a bit more interesting, you`re now rewarded a second for killing a player in Annihilation mode.
 • The final scorescreen has returned to its previous state.
 • Added a new gamemode: Capture the Flag.
 • Added more radio commands.
 • Added radio chat sound effects.
 • Fixed a bug with the gameplay UI displaying in the main menu.
 • A new tank model has been added.

1.0.0:
 • Full release.
 • The player death message box has finally been fixed.
 • Fixed the HEAT's name.
 • 6 new tank models added.
 • Completed the user interface.
 • Fixed some old game interface settings.
 • Added a new huge level.
 • New flamethrower power-up model.
 • Added a new Host Command: "-endround" or "-end" ; Skips the remaining rounds and returns everyone to the game lobby. (Only available when watching the scorescreen)
 • Mass Destruction is now preloading a lot of units and abilities at startup to prevent some "first time" lag. This also makes the loading slightly longer.
 • Decreased the hit-points of most environment objects.
 • Dynamic effects and level objects storage switched to hashtable.
 • Fixed a bug with the annihilation end conditions.
 • Changed map preview image.
 • Fixed a animation bug with some of the tank model previews.
 • Fixed loads of minor bugs.
 • Concussion Beam sound effect added.

Feedback and suggestions are appreciated.

Attachments

• Mass Destruction Resource Pack.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 146
Last edited:
Since the theme was entitle destruction, why not have a mode called "Destruction"?

Destruction - Destroy at least 80% of the enemy territory in order to win.
That's a great idea for a mode. Though the players doesn't 'own' any parts of the level, the winner(s) of the round could be the most destructive player/team.

Level 31
Another mode you can possibly add would be Apocalypse mode. One player would be randomly selected to use Apocalypse tank.

Apocalypse - Destroy the Apocalypse tank in order to win. If you are the Apocalypse tank, you must destroy every single tank in the game.

Of course, you can ensure the game would be fairly balance by giving the Apocalypse player 2 lifes and it have double damage and hitpoint compare to other tank.

Level 15
Another mode you can possibly add would be Apocalypse mode. One player would be randomly selected to use Apocalypse tank.

Apocalypse - Destroy the Apocalypse tank in order to win. If you are the Apocalypse tank, you must destroy every single tank in the game.

Of course, you can ensure the game would be fairly balance by giving the Apocalypse player 2 lifes and it have double damage and hitpoint compare to other tank.
So awesome!

The screenshots are totally unbelievable 0_o. I can't believe its actually possible in WC3! Awesome job!

This one sounds interesting as well :)

So awesome!

The screenshots are totally unbelievable 0_o. I can't believe its actually possible in WC3! Awesome job!
Thanks. It's not supposed to look much like Warcraft. ;)

Added a new screenshot of the WIP Hotkey Selection to the first post.
Edit: Also added a new gameplay screenshot.

Last edited:
Level 13
Really awesome game!
If this is released, I'll be WAY more on B.net!

Maybe... some ideas:

GAME MODES
Defend the Base - Destroy the opponents base in order to win.
Bomb rush - One team will try to place the bomb at the bomb place (Place Alpha, Place Bravo, Place Navy or other names) and the other team will try to keep them away from placing the bomb.

TANK MODES
Search and Destroy! - The tank's damage and attack speed is increased but it's protection will decrease.
Runaway - The tank's movement speed will increase but it's damage will decrease.
Fire at will - The tank's range will increase but it's movement will decrease.
Scout - Don't have a fitting tooltip for this, but the cam will zoom out so you can see a bigger part of the place.

RADIO
1. Affirmative.
2. Negative.
3. Double Time!
4. Enemy is weakened.
5. I've got the bomb!
6. Requesting backup.
7. Men down.
8. Protect the base.
9. Placing the bomb, defend me.
10. Woooohooo! (Or another cheer sound)
11. Coward...

The radio would be some kind of Spell-Book type thingy.
Press on it and then you can choose those sounds.

Hope you like it!

Level 31
Another possible mode you can add are as follow up below.

Escape - 1 team would play as Escape team while another as Hunter team. The escape team must have at least half of his teammate escape in order to win.

(That's mean if escape team have 4 player, 2 of them must escape.)

Supply & Depot - Both team start off with 200 point and the mission objective was to capture or destroy any available supply center in the map. For each supply center that was captured, it would decrease the enemy point by 1 per seconds. However, no point would decrease if the opponent have the equal amount of supply center capture by your team.

If all supply center was destroy, the team with highest point would be declare as winner.

TANK MODES
Search and Destroy! - The tank's damage and attack speed is increased but it's protection will decrease.
Runaway - The tank's movement speed will increase but it's damage will decrease.
Fire at will - The tank's range will increase but it's movement will decrease.
Scout - Don't have a fitting tooltip for this, but the cam will zoom out so you can see a bigger part of the place.
Tank modes won't be necessary, as the tank attributes are open for customization before each round.
All players are given 30 points each, and can spend those on whatever attribute they want.

TankAttributes.jpg

Power: Attack power, or damage if you want.
Armor: Increases the number of hits you can take before blowing up.
Speed: Movement-, acceleration- and turning speed.

It is faster...
I have a faster one: A hotkey + a number.
So instead of entering a chat message, you just have to press i.e. 'R' + '2' to display a message.

Level 19
Game mode suggestions...

Quarantine - A (random) tank's crew has been infected by a strange infectious disease! Although it is slower, it has a devastating poison attack, heavy biological armor, and can spread the disease to nearby tanks! The infected tank wins if it can destroy or infect all other tanks, if the infected tank is destroyed, and no other tanks have been infected/are still in action, the last crews alive will claim victory.

Juggernaut - A (random) tank has been outfitted with energy-enhanced weaponry and armor, making it a concealed weapon of doom, or "Juggernaut". If the Juggernaut is destroyed, the tank that destroyed it is granted with its abilities - so on and so forth. Points are only earned for killing as the Juggernaut, or killing the Juggernaut. The player with the most points at the end of the allotted time limit wins.

Survival - All tanks must work together (as they may not damage one another) to fight off twenty waves of increasingly difficult enemies. The tank who has the most combined kills/waves survived points at the end of the game claims victory.
Example Waves
1 - Paratroopers (General infantry drop in random locations on the map)
2 - APCs (Armored Personnel Carriers come in and drop off general infantry, and rocket infantry to thwart your defense)
3 - Engineering APCs (Armored Personnel Carriers come in, dropping off engineers who will attempt to set up turrets around the map to attack you)
4 - Pumas (APCs armed with anti-vehicle cannons, which drop off rocket infantry around the map)
5 - Rivals (First Boss Fight, sends in enemy tanks equal to the amount of surviving tanks on the map, all with equal or better weaponry)
6 - Anti-Vehicle Paratroopers (Rocket infantry and Engineers drop in random locations on the map)
7 - Light Tanks (Anti-vehicle tanks with enhanced speed capabilities)
8 - Light Tanks and Pumas
9 - Spec. Ops. (Infantry who are invisible except when attacking. They set C4 charges and claymores all around the map, as well as fire grenade launchers at your tanks)
10 - Juggernaut (Second boss fight; sends a Juggernaut tank, along with some Pumas and Engineering APCs to thwart your defense)
11 - Light Tanks and Spec. Ops.
12 - The Drop (Spec. Ops, Engineers, Rocket Troops, and general infantry paratroop down)
etc.

Every 5 waves or so players would be allowed to level up, and switch out gear.

Last edited:
Yeah that with the Hotkeys is the best option.
When is the Beta version coming out?
I expect it to be ready within a couple of weeks, depending on how much time I have at disposal.

You always make your mods look like real games, with your damn lobbies and cool menus! I love it! Lets see how far this one goes.
Hehe. Keeping it as far away from Warcraft as possible.
It's both challenging and fun. :)

Game mode suggestions...
I'll consider it. I particularly like the Juggernaut mode. ;)

Level 19
More game mode suggestions...

Tile Control
(This would most likely have a set map)
The map would be divided into 120 squares (20 for each player, roughly), which you must capture by driving your tank over them (tiles would change color depending on their captor). You may destroy other tanks like in any other mode, and they would respawn after a certain time (6 seconds to start off with, additional four seconds every two deaths). The player with the most tiles at the end of the allotted time limit wins.

Artillery Dodge
Dodge wave after wave of artillery, the last tank standing is the victor.
(Set amount of starting bombs, which have a 1.8 second marker that appears before they are finally dropped on that set location, number of bombs increase every wave)

Gun suggestion...

Kirby Cannon
Mildly expensive due to very effective ability
\\\SPECIAL WEAPONRY///
A biologically-enhanced weapon, that can transform itself into any other - simply get close to another tank, unleash your connection ray upon it, and you will be granted with that weapons statistics for ten seconds. Has a five second cooldown.

this is going to be an awesome map. I really love it, to see maps, where you think: Is this warcraft 3?

I like the idea with the broken glass, if you die.

Race Mode
Win a race against the other team! There is a defined (or maybe a random?) track, and your aim is to reach the finish.
You can kill enemies with your weapons, and they will respawn at the last checkpoint (or will be stunned/unable to do anything for some seconds).
There are also powerups, which increases speed/damage... Like mario kart, if you know that game :p

Headquarter
Your and your teammates aim is to destroy the headquarter of the other team.
It's protected with 3 generators, which have to be destroyed first, to turn an shield off, which protects the main building.
The first team, which destroys the enemy's main building, wins.

Sweet. I like the icon. How many modes are you willing to add in there?
The more the better. However, I will only have two or three for the beta.

So are you kind of intending to make this mod similar to Twisted Metal?
Didn't play that one either, but after searching some videos, it doesn't seem that far from it.

Level 25
Twisted Metal has been my favorite car game since I was three or four years old... I'm a long-term gamer lol. Basically Twisted Metal is a game where you choose a vehicle and deathmatch against several others in a level. They all fight each other, but it seems like you're the main target. Cars are equipped with missiles, machineguns, and other crazy shit. If you haven't played Twisted Metal, the Half-Life 2 mod "Die In Pain, Rest In Peace" (D.I.P.R.I.P.) is a lot like it too, though not as variant with the cars you can choose from.

Level 8
looks awesome, just wondering.. Did you use a multiboard for the stuff at the top, i.e. weapon, ammo, cooldown and armor? Also for all those wikid buttons and screens have use used doodads? Or are you just using some awesome method I know nothing of..? xD No need for good luck, this project is too awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.