• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Add ability Jass code

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Another ignorant worldedit user here looking for a little jass help.

The custom script:

call SelectHeroSkill( GetLastCreatedUnit(), udg_SaveLoad_Abilities[ udg_Save[ udg_SaveCount ] ] )

seems to learn an ability for a hero. I am looking for a way to transform this script as a means to ADD an ability, any ability to a hero. I believe I have found the correct function to do so:

Function: native UnitAddAbility takes unit whichUnit, integer abilityId returns boolean

The custom script I have made for it looks like this:

call UnitAddAbility( GetLastCreatedUnit(), udg_SaveLoad_Abilities[ udg_Save[ udg_SaveCount ] ] )

but I am missing the boolean. I don't know what True or False would do for me here - what the boolean is. Maybe someone can help me write the correct version of the UnitAddAbility custom script. Let me know if more info is needed.

Level 22
I think you've posted on the wrong section. Anyway

The function returns true if the ability is added and false if it failed, you don't need to worry about the return value here, you can use it like so. One cause of the function to fail is if the ability you are trying to add is already added.

If you'd like to use it, you can do something like this:
JASS:
if UnitAddAbility(whichUnit,abilityId) then
 // Unit ability added, do actions here
else
 // function failed to add ability, do actions here
endif

Level 3
Sorry about posting in the wrong section. Since its already posted though, I was wondering why if I replace

call SelectHeroSkill( GetLastCreatedUnit(), udg_SaveLoad_Abilities[ udg_Save[ udg_SaveCount ] ] )

with

call UnitAddAbility( GetLastCreatedUnit(), udg_SaveLoad_Abilities[ udg_Save[ udg_SaveCount ] ] )

that I get an error from Jasshelper and it corrupts the map.

Note that the variable "Save" is an array and "SaveCount" is an index inside the array for the specific ability. The variable SaveLoad_Abilities is an ability array.

Status
Not open for further replies.