• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to: Create a Full-working Custom Race

Level 2
Awesome I made a Naga Race replacing the Orc Race. Still having problems in my Reveal System thing so I just deleted it. I will just quit when i destroy all enemy buildings.

Level 2
If you need any help implementing my system, let me know. I tried to make it as easy as possible, but I could assist if it doesn't work for you.

Good luck, sounds like you're doing good work. :)

It gave me Script Errors

Edit: The problem was I didnt copy all the JASS script and left 1 thing. It really worked great. TY.

Last edited:

Deleted member 242196

D

Deleted member 242196

Such a great guide! Thanks. Can anyone tell me, how to extend the race menu functionally ? (Remove handicap, and add new lines to Race)

Level 1
actually you don't need to have the caster units creation building:ogre_datass:
if you don't wanted to have unit that can cast spell lol

Level 4
Very useful indeed but does this work for computers?

Can i make a specific computer use my race? as example:

• ((Player 8) controller) Equal to User
  • (Race of (Player 8)) Equal to Undead
  • (Unit-type of (Picked unit)) Equal to Necropolis
  • Unit - Replace (Picked unit) with a Hall of Doom using The old unit's relative life and mana
Thank you!

Last edited:
Level 1
I tried doing this and i failed unfortunately. Once the game starts, it gives me a bunch of workers(mur'gul slaves) and no main town hall(temple of tides)... Anyone has any idea how to fix this?

Level 2
Very nice it work thx :D
But one thing by my new heroes, i can train them all at the first lvl of my main TownHall and i didnt find any anser of this question: Why i can get all heroes at the same TownHall lvl? :mad::(
I let the hero everything and didnt change.
Only the name and the new main Buildings for the training lvl i changed.

Level 3
- If you can train all heroes without upgrading town hall, you have not added tier requirements via the object editor or [highlight]you have based them on tavern/campaign heroes <- This was proved wrong, but I still need to redo my tests on it, until then, keep following the rule.[/code]

Could you tell me how to add tier requirements? And how to prevent players from training the same hero twice?

Level 4
empty.gif
empty.gif
empty.gif
joinbottomminus.gif
if.gif
If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
Can somebody tell me how i can do this?
(I am bad with triggers)

Level 4
You need to add a new action called if/then/else, multiple functions.
If you want to have else actions do trully nothing, do not put anything in there at all.
Thanks

Edit:When i start the game all the unit are replaced by the workers of my custom race can somebody help-me?
Edit2: One of my custom heroes does not count as a hero for the max of 3 heroes if i train him before the 3rd hero, can anyone help me with this, please? (if you can help I based he on the demon hunter)

Last edited:
Level 13
Just in case...

The problem is that Melee V/D conditions consider only basic town hall units as real town halls, no matter what you have typed in gameplay constants. That means if you enable that function you will lose/win when you destroy/run out of buildings, but you will be also revealed 2 mins after the beginning of the game, getting unusual annoying messages.
So now, I'm working on a, unfortunately very complicated, trigger to enable players win/lose the game.
It is working (with very rare exceptions) but I'm looking for a better solution.
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

A solution using just a little of vJass.

Custom Race System does everything. You just have to fix a line in it and then write less than ten lines of code. It also handles all Initialization flawlessly, so you can skip writing your own Init triggers. And it has 3 test maps, with a Naga race. And working AI. And a limit of 24 selectable races without dialog boxes (uses handicap values too for selection *if* you want)

Last edited:

RMD

RMD

Level 1
Alright, there is a lot of confusion I have while following your tutorial. First of all, how do I choose which race to replace? I meant to replace night elves but always end up with humans when I test my map. Next, how do I add a custom UI without having all the boxes on top of each other? Lastly, how do I make custom techtrees? Thanks.

Last edited:
Level 1
Same here, I'm confused... new to map making and I wanted to create a map with a custom race that isn't melee but when I picked orc hero from tavern, then get the peons, their icons are peasants and the sound are for humans and while searching, I found this thread.
Is this a tutorial on custom race for altered melee? is it possible to set the soundtrack for the race I picked? I dont mind the frame looking like humans, just the sound when I picked the race in game(not lobby)