• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

My Boss Fight Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
This my seem idiotness or may I look stupid but can I really need this contest. I don't need this to be announced but well I have a map and I have a challenges there which can be participated by my fellow hivers.

I already requested to Ralle if he can give Reputation Points as a reward for the winners and he accepted it. Actually its been 2 months i think.
I just copy paste the conversation.

Ralle
Nah, 10 is good.
neo_sluf
06-03-2014 11:00 PM - permalinkneo_sluf
That is awesome!... how about 15?.. i think 10 is not enough.. last request 15 rep..

thanks ralle.. i will just post a thread about the tournament and tell you again who will be given..

Again thank you so much ralle..
Edit Report
Ralle
06-03-2014 10:05 PM - permalinkRalle
10 rep for the winner, that is okay, just tell me who and which post you would like to get the rep. Also, write the bbcode for the award :)

Master of Strategy Boss Fight Challenge

The rule is just simple.

Defeat Plaguemaster in any hero combination within a maximum of 1 minute in Normal Difficulty.

Rewards

Unlock a new hero Furious Gladiator
And a +10 rep bonus.

How to Participate?

Just post your Map Replay and a screenshot on the boss fight message.

Deadline

None

I uploaded the map.

Attachments

• MoS v0.01 [protected].w3x
    5.5 MB · Views: 215

Kazeon

Hosted Project: EC
Level 34
This would still go in the request section
Huh?

This place is just right, or Challenge Section is probably better. And it's his idea, so he has the right to host it as well.

Anyway, IN!! Sounds fun.

EDIT:

Ah, yes, you need to make the thread become more convincing anyway. It can't be approved this way.

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
This place is just right, or Challenge Section is probably better. And it's his idea, so he has the right to host it as well
There is no right to host anything in the arena except for what has been approved by the staff, which is why we have the contest submission forum in the first place
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/arena-226/forum-rules-contest-guidelines-108857/

Allowing contests like these completely undermines people who go through the normal channels to get feedback and criticism on their work

So no, this definintely goes in Requests or, probably better, Map Dev

Kazeon

Hosted Project: EC
Level 34
Allowing contests like these completely undermines people who go through the normal channels to get feedback and criticism on their work
I think it's on moderator's hand. Everyone is free to host any contest and shout any contest idea here. So I think it's no problem.

Geez, you are moderator >.>

Level 6
No no no don't worry Dalvengyr. I am ok if this can't be accepted in this section.

But i don't know where to put this one. My reasons

1) This is not a development thread of my map. Its sole purpose is really for the MoS Challenges so its not good in Map Development section

2) This is not a request. This is a challenge. And I am not requesting for participants. This Challenge is very important since winning this game will make you Unlock New Heroes. And its up to you if you want to increase your roster of heroes.

The purpose of this Challenges is to make MoS Players to show off their strategy, hero combinations and other Player Achievements like how many hero upgrades you done to win the challenge.

And this thread is just like any other contest or challenges here...

I have rules, requirements and rewards.

So please tell where should I go?..

BTW Thanks for the link I will follow the Contest Template. But ey this is not actually a contest since this is a challenge.

Ok let me clarrify.
ALL I WANT FOR THIS THREAD IS TO STAY WHERE IT IS. YOU DON'T NEED TO APPROVE THIS... REALLY. MY MAP IS NOT HOSTED YET AND IT IS BAD IF I CREATE THIS AS A ANOTHER THREAD TO SECTIONS WHERE IT DOESN'T REALLY FIT
(Sorry for the capslocking i just need to emphasize this and i am not angry)

Also I don't need this to be announced at the news since MoS Players will stay go to this thread to unlock heroes.

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
So this "challenge" just happened to coincide with you looking for beta testers?

All I am saying is that you should go through the normal channels to get your map tested, the arena is for themed modding contests and not for personal beta testing gains

Also believe me, there have been thousands of submissions just like this one, e.g. in the form of "FUN CHALLENGE: CREATE ME A SUPER SAIYAN ORC WARLOCK RIDING A HORSE (this is not a request I sweaaaaar)!!!11one"

If you already have a development thread for your map, post this there
If you don't, request beta testers in Project Recruitment (which you already have done)

If you still just want to pass this off as a challenge/tournament/whatver then you should probably just post it in Off-Topic

Level 6
So this "challenge" just happened to coincide with you looking for beta testers?

All I am saying is that you should go through the normal channels to get your map tested, the arena is for themed modding contests and not for personal beta testing gains

Also believe me, there have been thousands of submissions just like this one, e.g. in the form of "FUN CHALLENGE: CREATE ME A SUPER SAIYAN ORC WARLOCK RIDING A HORSE (this is not a request I sweaaaaar)!!!11one"

If you already have a development thread for your map, post this there
If you don't, request beta testers in Project Recruitment (which you already have done)

If you still just want to pass this off as a challenge/tournament/whatver then you should probably just post it in Off-Topic

OK RELAX!.... well yeah i would like to insist that this is not a beta testing but hell yeah i dont want to fight..

Ok I will recreate this one on the Off-Topic Section... thank you for the warning..

Status
Not open for further replies.