• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help! Need rivers and canal recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Can we see screenshots? Be nice to see what variation of doodads you have made, and any other clues we can use to help you.

I guess your question confuses me slightly. But I'd go with smooth ones. But looking at the terrain you did. You might need to re-make it all, if you wish to do something else. But what is the map anyways?

TKF

TKF

Level 19
Doodads is ok, but I want a brief river and canals layout. I'm happy with the great ocean, cuz it's not supposed to be a combat zone. The east side is the great oceans.

The left side is known as forbidden waters with many secret traders and dealers as well as the pirates secret hideout.

Also I think the hills behind both bases is ugly as hell. I might wanna turn them into funny battle grounds as well (eh, I mean battle lakes/rivers/canals)

I suck when it comes to terrain, I spent 2 days figuring out what to do with the terrain, with little progress. The pic is huge, so I can't make it visible with attachment.

I'm not asking for help with doodads, but the terrain itself. If you look very close, the mid is a BS clone actually. It's for my Naval Battle map (sig)

I'm first focusing the main shape of the terrain, then the rest later

Can we see screenshots?

So far it's not pretty.

Attachments

• NB_1.jpg
    NB_1.jpg
    373.2 KB · Views: 71
  • NB_2.jpg
    NB_2.jpg
    421.8 KB · Views: 332
  • NB_3.jpg
    NB_3.jpg
    436.5 KB · Views: 302
  • NB_4.jpg
    NB_4.jpg
    533.5 KB · Views: 296
  • NB_5.jpg
    NB_5.jpg
    426.8 KB · Views: 70
  • NB_6.jpg
    NB_6.jpg
    528.1 KB · Views: 286
  • NB_7.jpg
    NB_7.jpg
    531.3 KB · Views: 75

TKF

TKF

Level 19
I'm first focusing the main shape of the terrain, then the rest later

I worry about the doodads details first when I got the terrain itself finished for the entire map.

Edit_

I've already finished the main terrain. I'll release a 1.00 version now...

Edit_

Updated Minimap. Is this better?

attachment.php

Sry for the extreme size, but can't help it. Map is EXTREMELY EPIC.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.