PDA

View Full Version : My first time ever making terrain...

Cloud_04
06-10-2008, 08:42 AM
Tell me what you think! :)

Cloud_04
06-10-2008, 06:00 PM
Anyone wanna comment? :D :grin:

~Void~
06-11-2008, 03:42 AM
Hmm... very bare and bad camera angles. Also, I don't think I've ever seen fog that blue and thick at the same time in real life, you might want to consider giving it some more greyish teal colour.

Other than that I guess you are off to a good start. It's hard for me to tell because I don't use hi-res pack.

mokkil123
06-11-2008, 06:58 PM
pretty good for a beginner but maybe, as ~Void~ said, try to make the angle more human perspective, make a camera in your map and play around with the angle of attack, but good terrain.

~Void~
06-11-2008, 10:58 PM
Oh, and for the waterfall pic, I don't understand why you coated the outside of the waterfall with rocks. Do you see that happening in real life? Nope.

You should be careful where you place rocks and make it so it looks good.

Ghost765
06-22-2008, 09:06 PM
some of the enviroment stuff is abit too clean, like the waterfall as void mentioned. and the road is too straight at the borders, mix it up a bit.
The footman...are....so....damn....UGLY
ive got a better footman, looks like it, but more porportioned and stuff

NinjasDontFight
06-27-2008, 03:26 AM
Not to be repetitive, but your terrain is extremely bland, ugly footmen, and bad looking tilesets. Not exactly sure why you have that thick fog, light blue fog dosen't look to well.

Well I say their is more negative than positive, but keep working! I'm sure you will get better.

+rep for trying.

Magamdy
06-27-2008, 08:55 AM
I agree with all these comments. For the forests; you only used trees. Try to fill up the emty spaces with dooddads like shrub n' grass n' rocks.

And use more tile differation.

With all that it would look great, without it... it's so plain. But, anyways, they are your first so you have done good work.

Cloud_04
07-11-2008, 10:08 PM
Thank you for the criticism. :smile: