• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

HybrisFactory - Terraining and Mapping Resources

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

Hmmm? Can you post a screeny since I'm not sure if I understand you correctly.

Level 10
basicly the doodad (rough_wall) Disapears when its on the edge of the screen.

Attachments

• RoughWall.jpg
    RoughWall.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 161

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

Ah, I see. Well, you were correct in your original post, it's the angle that causes it. Not really sure why though but I know a lot of models behave in that manor.

Level 17
i noticed yesterday that the Rough Wall also clips out when its on the edge of your screen, perhaps it has something to do with the fact that i angled it to use it as a pallisade?
The entire modular manor has small extents, it can't be fixed. The issue happens when you scale models up too high.
This is the reason why shire has bigger-than-average models. Wc3 does not scale extents when you scale models in editor.
I may return to that and fix it sometime in the future. But it would require to resize and re-export the entire pack.
The reason I didn't do this yet is because I do not have some of the source files anymore.
And yes, rotating models will also screw the rendering because it does not rotate the extents. So rotating a vertical object horizontally will make it all screwed because the extents are from a tall thin object not a long horizontal object.

Tal , you forgot to add "blend" material layer to your dead trees , they look invisible when they are far from the camera. :<
I'm aware of this issue. Blend looks crap however and adding layers is pretty bad performance wise, normally you would fix this by editing the mip map but I don't know if that is even possible with blp.
Just add them if you need them in your scene ;)

bethmachine

Banned
Level 8
Can terrains of your work with the models be posted here?
Ohh and can you please animate the crage fir trees with the windyish movement that you did with the glade, please I would be really happy if you did?

Last edited:

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

Latest Version contains traces of work in progress files. Texture Pack "Ruins", Modular Shire and Modular Kingdom are referenced
but they are not included in the latest version.

I believe this piece of texts deserves a removal (it may confuse people who haven't followed the thread)

Level 17
Can terrains of your work with the models be posted here?
Yeah, feel free to post your creations here ! I can pin them to the sample screenshots in the OP too shall you desire.

Ohh and can you please animate the crage fir trees with the windyish movement that you did with the glade, please I would be really happy if you did?
I'll try do something with them.

I believe this piece of texts deserves a removal (it may confuse people who haven't followed the thread)
Lol yeah, removed. So is the mention about the asset list, I never managed to finish it (due to the sheer amount of stuff really) and the test maps offer enough of a documentation I guess.
It was supposed to be like this, but you can look the names of specific things in the test maps anyway.

185888-albums6426-picture89016.jpg

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

Not all of them, though the labels on the folders are pretty clear imo.

Level 17
The walls, roofs and IIRC the wall foundations are very high poly in order for the texture to not look that tiled. A small size hut has about 10k polys using the regular walls/roofing.
But yeah the rest is fairly low poly so no worries there.

Edit:
Try this fir to see if the animation is acceptable. You can just replace your existing fir export in your map.

Attachments

• HFMFir_Tall.mdx
    21.6 KB · Views: 56
Level 17
Splendid ! I guess it is Pio Enath and Hollow Hearted (not too much stuff of mine in that one but hey it is too nice to pass :p) then ?

Also, they liked my last commission for the job application I mentioned before and I was asked to make one more, so I may be inactive for a couple more days again.

Cheers !

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

Congratulations Tal, you deserve it. Question, are you allowed to show us your work on the commission?

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

Hey, I was working with the pack today and it occurred to me, half-arch models would be a good addition. Not entirely new, just split the existing ones?

Level 17
Sorry for the lack of updates, I have been working on my other project a bit more and dissecting The Vanishing of Ethan Carter and Crysis 3 to base my own stuff on (concluding that both games are gorgeous yet imperfect in their own ways)
I'll finish up the undergrowth stuff then focus on all the requested features.

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

Hey, been some time since it was last mentioned so I figured I'd ask, what's the status of the Skyrim texture pack?

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

That's great news, looking forward to it's release ^^.

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

Question regarding texture use. Am I allowed to wrap the rock texture on the rock golem models? I'm working on a boss concept and I thought it'd be cool for him to come out of a rock pile and look like the rest of the foliage so he won't be noticed until it's too late.

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

Hey, just curious, any update on the Skyrim pack?

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

Looks amazing, looking forward to release ^^

Level 10
Hey Talavaj nice new texture set!

And one question: Is it ok for you if I make my own textures to use on your models?
I do not intend to share them in any way, they might only come to use in a map I might make in future.

Level 17
I haven't done all of the tile models which will be added in a bigger update to kingdom/manor.

But I have the template one that you can change the texture of, as I assume that is what you want ?

How to setup:
1) Import turf tile like normal model
2) Go to object editor, doodad > cliff/terrain, select any of the ruined ground 2x2 models, copy/create a new doodad from it and select turf tile as its model.
3) Open doodad palette and place your created model as any other doodad.

Things to remember:
- Turf tile does not blend with the tileset, as such it is ideal for manmade things like roads, floors or for large patches of the same texture type.
- Turf tile always creates a border around it that uses the cliff texture.
- Turf tile does not work well with doodad/structure shadows.
- Turf tile is UNBUILDABLE.
- There does not seem to be a limit to how many tiles you can import in the game this way.
- Use at least 128x128 texture resolution for the tile to match the texture resolution of the default tileset, you can use up to 512x512 resolution textures for higher resolution however.

185888-albums6426-picture91481.png

Another nifty feature of this tile is that it is capable of removing the terrain mesh, something I use in my mod though not sure if it would be of use to anybody else.

185888-albums6426-picture91482.png

Attachments

• TurfTile.rar
    1.7 KB · Views: 70