• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Techtree Contest #6 - No Imports!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Wazzz: Isn't the point to try to make the race as unique as possible (well, priority is no imports but creativity comes in second)? Simply stating that it doesn't function because it is 'different' is not a point. If you were to say it was unbalanced (eg. semi-heroes are too useful or sappers are too easy to get out) or too difficult (eg. semi-heroes have individual skills, requires high micro to summon units and get lumber) to use BECAUSE of the difference, then I would get you.

Please, update your final submissions with the following:

techtree.png
contest.png
number.png
6.png

Submission Name:
Author:

Additional Comments:
This is my entry (sample)
Download Link (No-pastebin/No-external sites):

[TABLE][tr]
[TD][IMG]http://www.hiveworkshop.com/gfx/arenabanners/techtree.png[/IMG][img]http://www.hiveworkshop.com/gfx/arenabanners/contest.png[/img][img]http://www.hiveworkshop.com/gfx/arenabanners/number.png[/img][img]http://www.hiveworkshop.com/gfx/arenabanners/6.png[/img][/TD]
[/tr][tr][td]

[B][U]Submission Name:[/U][/B]
[B][U]Author: [/U][/B]

[B][U]Additional Comments:[/U][/B]
[quote]This is my entry (sample)[/quote]
[B][U]Download Link ([I]No-pastebin/No-external sites[/I]):[/U][/B][/td][/tr][/TABLE]

Level 7
Final Submission
techtree.png
contest.png
number.png
6.png

Submission Name:Gnomish Confederacy
Author: Ender

Additional Comments:

Ace
Wingmen, calls in two wingmen(ie other planes) to guard his back
Bombing Run, Bombs the target aerea dealing massive damage
Evasion, gives an evasion chance
FancyFlying, increases move and attack speed
Scientist
Plant Charge, Plants an explosive charge on the target unit(ability based off of a spell created by NFWar)
Analyze, Drastically reduces a target units armor
Mind OverMatter,gives mana regeneration at the cost of health
Plague, unleashes a biological weapon that knows no friend

Gnome, your worker, a minion of incredibly small size capable of building structures and harvesting wood.

Gunner, Light infantry armed with a repeating weapon(it fires bursts of 5 shots followed with a 2 second wait)

BattleSuit, Medium melee capable of taking quite a bit of damage, benefits from an upgrade called the Lazerus Protocol

Steam Tank, Heavy assault tank of the Gnomish Confederacy, has a turret that can switch from launching shells to launching Drones(stolen from SGAtlantis)

Gunship Heavy Air Assault Vehicle, capable of flattening structures in seconds, has three turrets, two heavy machine Guns and a bombay, the bombay can switch to launching drones.

Gyrocopter Air superiority fighter, that is always on the move.

FRV, one of the races "spellcasters" can transport ground units, and has three abilities
Repair Drone, creates a little bot that flies around repairing things at a small charge to you.
Weaponized drones, creates a little bot that flies around killing things for you.
Evac, picks up the FRV in a airship, and transports it and everything inside of it to a target unit or structure.

Gnome Engineer another "spellcaster", excels at supporting ground forces
Smoke Grenade creates a smoke cloud that inhibits sight and makes units inside invisible
ShieldGenerator, gives nearby units bonus armor
Lay Mines, creates a field of jumping mines

The Gnomish Confederacy does not have AI support.

due to balance issues structures are targeted as structures instead of air, and so are targetable by footmen etc... but they are also targetable by Mortar Teams, Demolishers, Glaive Throwers and Meat Wagons

View attachment Techtree #6GnomishConfedByEnderV4.w3x

Last edited:
Level 7
Techtree Contest #6 Final Submission - Arcanist, overcold_ice

techtree.png
contest.png
number.png
6.png

Submission Name
Arcanist
Author
overcold_ice

Informations
Race Name: Arcanist
Difficulty: Hard - Nightmare

Pros:
- Instant lumber harvesting, building, upgrading, and training troops
- Almost all buildings can attack, and their attacks are really good
- Auto gold harvesting, HP and MP repairing

Cons:
- High costs due to the quickness of gold and lumber harvesting
- Needs to balance gold, lumber and mana of each buildings
- All things are controlled by mana
- Lacks in mobility

Systems:
- Each building have a role of Energy transference, there are 3 of them:
  • Energy Sap, used to harvest gold and mana from gold mines. Units that have this ability can transfer mana to another building, but can't take any mana from other buildings (except for special case like ability).
  • Energy Drain, periodically drains mana from another possible building.
  • Energy Transfer, can both takes and transfers mana to another building.
Each of them will happen periodically. If any building have full mana, but damaged HP, it can still converts mana that it normally gain into HP. Energy Drain and Transfer can stop when the building's life and mana are at their maximum.
- There are 3 ways to harvest resources:
  • Energy Sap, periodically harvest gold and mana from nearby gold mines.
  • Life Sap, converts an area of trees into lumber and mana.
  • Overload Sap, converts a single tree into an extremely huge amount of lumber, but killing the harvester in the process.
Note that the more food the player has, the faster it harvests gold and lumber via Energy Sap and Life Sap.
- Magic Portals, they are the building foundation of any other buildings. Buildings that get summoned by Magic Portals have reduced HP based on the portal's mana. Magic Portals drains mana periodically like if they have Energy Drain.
- Global creep summoning, meaning that you can summon your troops anywhere on the map.

Buildings:
- Arcane Hall: Main building, only one available per game. Automatically harvests nearby gold mines and transfers mana to other buildings, can also harvests nearby trees and summon magic portals. This can be replaced by Arcane Storage.
- Magic Portal: Building that can be upgraded to another building. This building is invulnerable and impassable by ground units, but dies when the summoner of this building dies.
- Arcane Storage: A replica of Arcane Hall, the only difference is that this building can't attack.
- Energy Node: Building used to transfers mana between buildings, meaning that this building can both take and give mana.
- Arcane Spire: Required building to advance the speed, offense and defensive capabilities of all buildings. This building can do weak attacks.
- Arcane Ward: Primary defensive building capable to deal damage to all enemies in its range heavily.
- Fire Spire: Fire elemental creep-summoning building, can summon Fire Spirits which can confuse its opponents. The building itself has a splash attack.
- Lightning Spire: Lightning elemental creep-summoning building, can summon Lightning Revenants that are strong against mass enemies. The building itself has a strong bouncing attack.
- Ice Spire: Ice elemental creep-summoning building, can summon Ice Wraiths that focuses mainly on disabling and slowing enemies rather than hurting them. The building has an auto-castable ability that increases its attack damage and additionally slow its victim on each attack.

Units:
- Fire Spirit: Melee unit that have the ability to reincarnate.
- Lightning Revenant: Melee unit that have cleaving attacks.
- Ice Wraith: Flying ranged unit that have frost attacks.

Upgrades:
- Energy Mastery [3 Tier]: Increases the transfer speed of mana.
- Elemental Mastery [3 Tier]: Increases the damage of all creeps.
- Arcane Empower [4 Tier]: Increases damage, armor and sight range of all buildings.

Screenshots:
arcanistscr1.jpg

arcanistscr2.jpg

arcanistscr3.jpg

arcanistscr4.jpg

arcanistscr5.jpg

Download Map: Techtree Contest 6 - overcold_ice (@ RapidShare)
Patch: Warcraft III Patch 1.24+
Notes: Contains Blizzard.j (not yet allowed)

Download Map [Safe]: Techtree Contest 6 - overcold_ice [Safe]
Notes: Doesn't contain Blizzard.j (this map will be used instead if Blizzard.j isn't allowed)

Download Map [Latest]: Techtree Contest 6 - overcold_ice [Latest]
Notes: Doesn't contain Blizzard.j (review this map instead of maps above)

Have Fun !!

Attachments

• Techtree Contest 6 - overcold_ice.w3x
    416.4 KB · Views: 242
Last edited:
Level 35
@Wazzz: Isn't the point to try to make the race as unique as possible (well, priority is no imports but creativity comes in second)? Simply stating that it doesn't function because it is 'different' is not a point. If you were to say it was unbalanced (eg. semi-heroes are too useful or sappers are too easy to get out) or too difficult (eg. semi-heroes have individual skills, requires high micro to summon units and get lumber) to use BECAUSE of the difference, then I would get you.

yes, but unfortunately even with that in mind, we are given certain constraints within the melee game

for example, the way heroes function in warcraft is a key factor, making it an uncompromisable aspect when editing the melee game (although it's not necessarily a bad thing to change it up, but it is probably best not to change it)

implementing items in the way that you did is very interesting, but also very difficult to manage considering the other races are much easier to control

however, if it works out to be balanced against the melee races with a greatly unique gameplay, then it's probably a great innovation

i just don't think it's going to be particularly balanced if you have heroes that work 100% differently to every other race's heroes personally, especially since it doesn't necessarily 'fit' the melee game, but not 'fitting' the melee game isn't necessarily a bad thing, just a different thing

Level 7
yes, but unfortunately even with that in mind, we are given certain constraints within the melee game

for example, the way heroes function in warcraft is a key factor, making it an uncompromisable aspect when editing the melee game (although it's not necessarily a bad thing to change it up, but it is probably best not to change it)

implementing items in the way that you did is very interesting, but also very difficult to manage considering the other races are much easier to control

however, if it works out to be balanced against the melee races with a greatly unique gameplay, then it's probably a great innovation

i just don't think it's going to be particularly balanced if you have heroes that work 100% differently to every other race's heroes personally, especially since it doesn't necessarily 'fit' the melee game, but not 'fitting' the melee game isn't necessarily a bad thing, just a different thing

genius!
i can't say those words :3

you said that you can beat a NE Insane AI with few troops . . .
so, it isn't really balanced . . .

i quite dislike the way the hero works and the way the resource gathering works . . . and also how the creeps work . . D:

yours needs so much control . . . in a cool term, it's called micro-unit control, or just micro-ing . . . (correct me if i'm wrong)

@overcold_ice: See Wazzz's post? That's what I wanted to hear from you, actual explanations of your opinions. That's the only way I can get feedback.

I guess you have now explained that you dislike the playstyle because it requires high micro, which just leads me to believe that you are not so good at micro... unless you mean it requires TOO much micro that even pros will have a hard time, which isn't the case imo because I could use it easily to defeat an NE insane and I suck at micro [but give me a DMR and I will destroy]

@Wazzz: thank you for a good post. Still....

Make a specific example of how the Trade Prince is gamebreaking.
the way heroes function in warcraft is a key factor, making it an uncompromisable aspect when editing the melee game
that says how. It doesn't say what or what's effect. If you were to say 'your Leveller hero's EXP gain ability is OP (what), because it changes how normal heroes work since you don't need to creep to gain EXP and level up (how). This results in imbalance as the hero can achieve level 10 quickly and without needing to fight creeps (the effect of what)', I could get something from that.

I assume you mean the Engineers being able to use items? If so, yes I agree it requires quite a bit of micro (also the machine system requires quite a bit of micro too). However, the hero still is relatively manageable in terms of items. You can simply ignore the Engineer's item carrying ability (unless your Moon) or you can just use it when you are not in pressure (eg. if you are recovering from an attack in your base, and both you and your opponent are weak in health, it should not be too micro-heavy for you to simply buy a Robomorphy thingo and order an Engineer to Makeshift Repair your unit).

And for the record, I don't believe the hero system is leading to imbalance. Through investigating (after totally annhiliating an Insane Undead AI), I have concluded my hiring system is the problem. More specifically, sappers are incredibly cheap, incredibly fast to get out, and incredibly effective at spawning one at a time and Kabooming the shitstorm out of buildings.

Level 35
To me, it's the high micro involved to do some of the simplest things that makes the race very difficult to manage in comparison to other races, placing you at a potential disadvantage.

I have yet to explore what happens when your hero dies.

Anywho, the melee gamestyle is designed to cater to the possibility of starting with a random hero of the race, hero units being treated as unique, individual units that pretty much have the role of levelling up and killing things. Using a hero as a primary unit as well as a base will cause potential problems within this melee game atmosphere, but is interesting to explore.

The items are a little difficult to manage, considering this means you can have multiple units which are unique, as opposed to the bland atmosphere that is warcraft 3 melee.

The differences are erratic, but are also fun. I just think that the ideas could have also been executed in a manner that is a little easier to manage (for example, if instead of manually producing workers for harvesting lumbers, a clockwork factory could have functioned just like the tinker's hero ability and produce them automatically, setting them to harvest by default and have them destroy themselves once they complete a round).

Level 7
To me, it's the high micro involved to do some of the simplest things that makes the race very difficult to manage in comparison to other races, placing you at a potential disadvantage.

I have yet to explore what happens when your hero dies.

Anywho, the melee gamestyle is designed to cater to the possibility of starting with a random hero of the race, hero units being treated as unique, individual units that pretty much have the role of levelling up and killing things. Using a hero as a primary unit as well as a base will cause potential problems within this melee game atmosphere, but is interesting to explore.

The items are a little difficult to manage, considering this means you can have multiple units which are unique, as opposed to the bland atmosphere that is warcraft 3 melee.

The differences are erratic, but are also fun. I just think that the ideas could have also been executed in a manner that is a little easier to manage (for example, if instead of manually producing workers for harvesting lumbers, a clockwork factory could have functioned just like the tinker's hero ability and produce them automatically, setting them to harvest by default and have them destroy themselves once they complete a round).

wow again!
lol, i can't say those words :3 (i said this too much times xD)
i hate to spawn workers by clicking the icon 3x ~.~
also moving them manually, there are no rally point for that . . .
the way the gold cart moves around make me sick, 0 collision for them? are they ghosts? or something that can pass through things?
the trade prince itself makes me sick :\
then come 5 engineers o_O
sappers . . . . . . . manually controlled :3 add many additional micro list to the player . . .

conclusion: your race needs to be played with an extreme micro-ing, you can play the race not because you can do the micro-ing well . . it's just because you are the creator, and of course you know anything about them . . .

not only yours that needs to be played with high-level micro-ing, mine also . . . . .
but mine isn't that extremely high, even you need to click abilities to harvest the lumber, i macro-ed the whole gold-harvesting . . .

@Wazzz: Well lets face it some races are harder to play with than other races. Exhibit A: Zerg.

There is a very very low chance the Trade Prince will die :p So instead of when, I will say if;
IF your hero dies there is a 'Buy Back' system which instantly revives your hero at half hp and zero mana, but is rather costly when you reach higher levels.

To me, melee gameplay it's the option of choosing a hero that is your central unit and army leader. This basically what my hero is, with the addition of just one extra role, albeit a major role; he is also a base.
I had the same thoughts as you. That's why I tried to solve any potential problems to the best of my abilities;
Buyback to instantly revive your hero so you won't be crippled in army size for too long
No initial attack lest the player decides to rush
Since there is only one production 'building', I decided to give the hero 'Mercantile', which compensates for this
Combat Training allows this hero to be versatile
All hero abilities allow the hero to regain mana, so you will be able to hire units again if you run out of Mana (mana gain from Combat Training, Lesser Clarity Potions from Temp. Shops, Mercantile gives extra mana if you sell items). Unfortunately lol I made hiring units far too cheap in mana cost (which also is one reason why Sappers are so OP)
The fact that the abilities are quite diverse and give the hero its own role (CTraining is if you like vanilla gameplay and is good for making the hero a tank, SVendor is good if you wanna play defensive and get Engineers, Mercantile is good for BUMRUSHES lol) compensates for the fact that you have only one hero to choose (but lets face it, players pretty much just choose one hero and stick with it)

Regarding Engineers, note they are ~semi-heroes~ and were not designed and do not have to fit in to normal hero roles.
But I must agree, my hero system will cause some dramas. I myself have not discovered any as of yet, aside from the low mana costs of hiring units.

Item management is entirely optional. Whether you can micro Engineers to use items effectively or not is not game-deciding (unless of course you are versing an opponent who can micro).

I designed this shit well knowing it would require high micro. Honestly, is it that hard hotkeying your base and pressing 'W' three times every 45 seconds? (and if you are extremely good you can buy a Worker every ten seconds). Also; since you gather gold quite fast, it is possible to build a second Workshop in one base for double lumber rate.

@overcold_ice: Jesus christ mate type properly. Why can't you type like you did in your final sub when you are posting? Are you just trolling me?

Honestly, it is not so hard to micro. Everything is hotkeyed for you. Kaboom! has the same hotkey as Attack. And if I could micro sappers properly, most probably can (I'm like a 3 on a scale of 10, with 1 being a thumbless blind retarded dead prokaryote and 11 being Moon/Grubby).

>No rally point? Too bad. Rally points are a luxury. Back in the old days, there were no such thing. Ctrl + left click then right-click a tree
>Gold cart is not my fault. I set its collision to 48, but I believe the harvesting ability screws it up. This is not even a valid point. Isn't it better that your carts go uninterrupted to your mine?
>WHY. FUCKING WHY does the hero make you sick? PLEASE TRY TO FOLLOW WAZZZ EXAMPLE OR I WILL JUST IGNORE YOU.

Conclusion: I agree, it is micro-intensive, but honestly you are either playing badly or exaggerating very badly. And knowledge != skill. Ofc knowledge contributes to skill, but I would easily beat some 11 yr old in CoD if it was my first time and he had the game since he was 5.

Level 35
no idea why, but i've always found zerg easy to play as in starcraft 2 :3

but consider this example:

With Zerg, you produce units from Larvae (anybody here should at least know of this system)

With your Goblins, you produce temporary workers that will expire after a certain time interval

Imagine if, on top of requiring larvae to produce units (which serves as a method of allowing multiple build queues to be put in place), you had to manually produce them. And after a short amount of time, they died out anyway. That would be considerably more difficult, and a little bit silly to deal with, considering the other races have it much easier in comparison.

I do like the new ideas you have implemented, I would have personally opted to not use the hero system in the way that you did, purely because we're dealing with the melee game. Had I been creating my own custom rts gameplay system for a race, I would be all for implementing a unique system for the sake of making the race all the more different to play as. But that's just personal preference really, and as long as the race balances out in the end of the day, it doesn't really matter how you achieve it.

I am interested in the ideas you have, they seem somewhat similar to my techtree submition, with some very nice twists (i love the idea of putting engineers inside of vehicles to give them some added 'oomph').

Perhaps if the Engineers were Worker units instead, they could also be used to go inside of vehicles to upgrade them or something like that. So, for example, you could put an Engineer inside a Shredder and upgrade it to a Blaster (using Blaster as an example because the same model is used for 'Shredders' and 'Blasters'). Just a different take on your idea really.

@overcold_ice: u. make me mad.

@Wazzz: Example is flawed. A more likened example would be Drones cost 35 minerals, but they have a temporary life. They move as fast as Hellions. You can also assign more than 1 Drone to build a structure, and the structure doesn't take the Drone's life. Also, the Drone gains a suicidal ability once you get an Evo chamber.
You forget the advantages of my Workers :p

Lolwut, our submissions are totally different :p Btw, I believe you came up with your techtree idea a while back when you were brainstorming for your squad RTS or settlers of ragays (can remember you saying a Necromancer would go around haunting mines for funsies).
Also, vehicles are pretty much useless w/o Engineers (well Scorpion can still launch sappers and net air units, Zeppelins can still move around and scout...and Shredders can act as meat shields?)

Nah would underpower vehicles and Engineers when not together, and would overpower machines with Engineers. Sorta like dual wieldable weapons in H2. Also there was a lack of models :/

Level 4
techtree.png
contest.png
number.png
6.png

Submission Name: Dracolonization
Author: WerePhoenix

Additional Comments:
Buildings:
->Captured Base: main structure
->Pig Farm: provides food
->Evolution Chamber: basic armor and weapon upgrades
->Sacreficing Altar: creates hero(es)
->Boneyard: ability upgrades for units
-> 5 kind of Nest: mid and late game unit production
->Merchant: sells items

Units:
->Enslaved Orc: Basic Worker have the ability to become armed
->Armed Peon: Basic unit
->3 kind of Dragonspawn + 2 kind of Baby Dragon: ground units
->5 kind of Dragons: air units; each have it's specific role
->Faerie Dragon: hero
->Dead Dragon: hero

Cons + Pros:
->Based on player type

Recommended/Needed:
->select Human race
->1 freindly bot
->1.24 patch?

I don't know what else to say.. Enjoy it! :D
View attachment Techtree Contest 6 - WerePhoenix [Entry].w3x

Level 7
@overcold_ice: u. make me mad.

@Wazzz: Example is flawed. A more likened example would be Drones cost 35 minerals, but they have a temporary life. They move as fast as Hellions. You can also assign more than 1 Drone to build a structure, and the structure doesn't take the Drone's life. Also, the Drone gains a suicidal ability once you get an Evo chamber.
You forget the advantages of my Workers :p

Lolwut, our submissions are totally different :p Btw, I believe you came up with your techtree idea a while back when you were brainstorming for your squad RTS or settlers of ragays (can remember you saying a Necromancer would go around haunting mines for funsies).
Also, vehicles are pretty much useless w/o Engineers (well Scorpion can still launch sappers and net air units, Zeppelins can still move around and scout...and Shredders can act as meat shields?)

Nah would underpower vehicles and Engineers when not together, and would overpower machines with Engineers. Sorta like dual wieldable weapons in H2. Also there was a lack of models :/

please forgive me . . . i don't want to make you mad :'(
i'll stop talking then . .

Level 25
techtree.png
contest.png
number.png
6.png

Submission Name: Demon Race
Author: Kingz

Additional Comments:

HOW TO PLAY:
1) Copy the map to your maps folder
2) Find the map in a custom game
3) Select Orc race, put handicap to 90%
4) Add bots/players and enjoy the game

Pros:
- Has magic core ranged units
- Has great resource income with decent micromanagement
- Benefits greatly from researches
- Variety of units
- Gains in strength during the game
- Core units stay strong during the whole game
- Thrive in long battles due to their passive

Cons:
- Units tend to specialize in areas
- Slow start
- Not a defensive race
- Expansion doesn't give the same advantage as to other races
- Upgrades may seem too expensive
- Cannot rush enemies as effectively
- Small skirmishes don't bring out the benefit of their passive

Tips:
* Soul cages are your only income of souls, build 3~4 as base and sacrifice workers to increase their income.
* Cerberus benefit greatly from their upgrades
* Hate Wyrms decimate most enemy melee units, try to keep them away from enemy ranged units tho
* Fighting near your structures provides you with a great advantage
* Corruptor is a great early game hero
* Use Terrors to scout the map
* Pick your Cult based on what you think you will need, all 3 cults offer different advantages
* Building more vanity plains and expanding quickly can provide a big number of Hate Wyrms and Cerberus

* Infernal Gate - primary building, possesses mines, trains Enslaved Souls as workers
* Soul Cage - primary food and lumber (soul) income building, limited to 5 per player
* Vanity Plain - produces core units
* Chaos Standard - contain researchs
* Pseudomonarchia Daemonum - revives hero, trains hero, trains elite units
* Sin Spire - trains flying core units and core casters
* Ascension Apex - trains heavy units, siege units and secondary spell casters
* Sacrifical Grounds - trains dark dragons
* Obelisk - heals nearby demons, can devour workers

* Enslaved soul - worker
* Cerberus - Core melee unit
* Hate Wyrm - Core ranged unit
* Demon Ocultists - Core caster unit
* Lust Demon - secondary caster unit
* Hellguard - Core heavy unit
* Infernal Engine - siege unit
* Terror - core flying unit
* Dark Dragon - heavy flying assault unit

** Pit Fiend - elite heavy unit
** Corruptor Engine - elite mechanical ranged unit
** Poltergeist - elite caster unit

Harvester - Asmodius is a warrior hero, adept at manipulating the battlefield and strengthening other demons.
Corruptor - Kai'Morth is a mystical hero, particularly adept at chaos magic.
Gatekeeper - Nastharius is a cunning hero, adept at using tactical skills to overcome the caught enemy.

LINK

Attachments

• Techtree6 - Kingz.w3x
    375.2 KB · Views: 320
Level 14
Due technical issues i cant update my entry:vw_sad:
techtree.png
contest.png
number.png
6.png

Submission Name:
Fire Nation
Author:
kari0003
Additional Comments:
  • Difficulty: Hard becouse of the lumber losing.
    Units are strong, the weakness of the race is that units lose HP if you run out of lumber.
    Units are able to revive after death by a Replicator, or Sparkle​
  • Units:
    1. Volcano:
      -Sparkle: Basic worker, can harvest gold, can build Lumber Harvester building (Forestfire controllpoint) and others.
      -Deathwing: Ultimate Unit, it can be summoned in the Volcano Temple.
    2. Hellfire Portal:
      -Burning Warrior: Basic Melee, upgradeable cleaving attack
      -Burning Archer: Basic Ranged, massable.
      -Lava Heavy: Advanced melee, stronger.
      -Lava Turtle: Siege Unit, with high HP
    3. Nest of Flames:
      -Phoneix: Vurnerable air unit, massable
      -Lava Spawn: Best Antiair, upgradeable Multishot.
      -Fire Dragon: Strong air, only attack ground units
    4. Pool of Ancient Fire:
      -Fire Mage: Cursed Weapons; Brazier(Heat aura), Unholy Brazier (Damage ward)
      -Lava Spawn Replicator: Helper Soul (Air buff), Replication, Reburn (Revive dead fire units)
  • Heroes:

icon.gif
    Wildfire
    Primary attribute: Agility
    Fast hero with high damage and offensive abilities.

S7Gp5.png
    Keeper of the Eternal Fire
    Primary attribute Strength
    Supportive hero, can revive and has heat aura.

firelord.jpg
    Firelord
    Primary attribute Agility
    Standard Firelord from blizzard - didnt have time :'(
  • Lumber Harvesting:
    There is a lumber harvesting structure. With it's ability, you start a Forestfire, what expands near to the controller structure. Harvest is automatic, but you may start multiplate forestfires to get more lumber. Units drain lumber every second, if you run out of lumber, troops will lose life.​
  • Heat Aura:
    For Fire troops, its all about heat. If they don't get enough heat, they will burn out. After you run out of lumber, only heat aura can prevent your units from losing hp. Also, if you stay under the effect of heat with your units, you will lose less lumber than when you are at combat.​

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php
Please don't edit the map - especially don't save -> you wont be able to play it again.
Download Link: Plains_of_Snow_kari0003v2.w3x

Level 5
techtree.png
contest.png
number.png
6.png

Submission Name: Tuskarr Nomads
Author: Part207

Additional Comments:
It isnt quite finished. I didnt see all this spare time we had <.< One of the complications of a busy life i suppose. Just open the map, doesnt matter with what as long as the game loads (WorldEdit.. War3..). it will auto pick my race for you, or rather, give you my races units :3
Download Link (No-pastebin/No-external sites): http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...lainsofsnow-techtree-contest-six-part207-.w3x

Level 15
Final Submission

Ace
Wingmen, calls in two wingmen(ie other planes) to guard his back
Bombing Run, Bombs the target aerea dealing massive damage
Evasion, gives an evasion chance
FancyFlying, increases move and attack speed
Scientist
Plant Charge, Plants an explosive charge on the target unit(ability based off of a spell created by NFWar)
Analyze, Drastically reduces a target units armor
Mind OverMatter,gives mana regeneration at the cost of health
Plague, unleashes a biological weapon that knows no friend

Gnome, your worker, a minion of incredibly small size capable of building structures and harvesting wood.

Gunner, Light infantry armed with a repeating weapon(it fires bursts of 5 shots followed with a 2 second wait)

BattleSuit, Medium melee capable of taking quite a bit of damage, benefits from an upgrade called the Lazerus Protocol

Steam Tank, Heavy assault tank of the Gnomish Confederacy, has a turret that can switch from launching shells to launching Drones(stolen from SGAtlantis)

Gunship Heavy Air Assault Vehicle, capable of flattening structures in seconds, has three turrets, two heavy machine Guns and a bombay, the bombay can switch to launching drones.

Gyrocopter Air superiority fighter, that is always on the move.

FRV, one of the races "spellcasters" can transport ground units, and has three abilities
Repair Drone, creates a little bot that flies around repairing things at a small charge to you.
Weaponized drones, creates a little bot that flies around killing things for you.
Evac, picks up the FRV in a airship, and transports it and everything inside of it to a target unit or structure.

Gnome Engineer another "spellcaster", excels at supporting ground forces
Smoke Grenade creates a smoke cloud that inhibits sight and makes units inside invisible
ShieldGenerator, gives nearby units bonus armor
Lay Mines, creates a field of jumping mines

upgrade you're main base as soon as possible, this will enable you to mine twice as fast, all bases have Mining Lasers.

when fighting gnomes, kill Broken Battlesuits, or they will come back to haunt you if you have a lot of air units do not engage the enemy gyrocopters lightly they will fly circles around you have detectors, they will probably lay mines all over.

The Gnomish Confederacy does not have AI support.

Sadly all of the building are targeted as structures for balance issues(think demolishers, siege engines, etc..) so melee units can attack the flying structures.

Edit: removed Useful tips

who wants to combine all the races onto one map? I volunteer to copy my race onto any entry chosen as the "base".

Edit: updated map

Edit2:fixed a mining laser bug(thanks to overcold for pointing it out),
fixed some tooltips,
increased cost of steam tanks

Gnomish Confederacy? Lemme guess, starcraft fan? Very interesting race though, the gnomes certainly could use their own race.

Level 7
Hey does anybody else notice in the gnome guy's map the numbers that appear every time I do something?

oops, forgot to remove that i was using that becuase i use order id's as opposed to strings for issuing orders.

@clockwork2 yes i am a fan of starcraft 1

@wazz, a little over the top? what do you mean by that? too OP, too confusing, what?

i completely agree with you on the problem of buildings stacking, but i haven't thought of an easy way to do that

Last edited:
Level 18
techtree.png
contest.png
number.png
6.png

Submission Name: Blood Elf Alliance
Author: Astaroth Zion

Additional Comments:Main mechanics:
-Experience, some units and buildings earn experience in fights, and also little amounts of experience over time when a Trainer is nearby. Upon getting enough experience a unit is level up, upgrading its characteristics, and even unlocking new ones.

-City Buildings, all buildings spawn every certain time Houses and Basic Towers around them while they are under the cap of these units. This is the only way to increase the food you produce (and by upgrading houses), and also the only way to get defensive towers.

Highlights:
-The ability "Target System" from the Steam Tank hero, and from a couple of high levels abilities will cause that most of your units and buildings use an extra attack to damage that unit for the duration of the buff. (You got a purple time counter over the unit to see that). Casted in your base will literally make arrows and magic rain over the target.

-Steam Tank": his ultimate grants him a auto missile attack against any enemy in sights also it allows him to change to a only anti-air unit. Modifying its factory ability to spawn planes instead of clockwerk goblins.

-Blood Knight: from level 1 he has the ability to change his whole set of abilities from a Aggressive Hero to a more defensive one. Any point spent in one spec will turn into its counterpart ability. (NO Ability POINTS RE-GAINED)

Attachments

• (8)PlainsOfSnow_AstarothZion_Entry_2.0.w3x
    378.7 KB · Views: 195
Last edited:
Level 7
one word for your race Astaroth Zion, awesome!

In depth opinion: i like the main castle, i was disappointed when none of the other buildings had walls,
i don't like how workers can be trained to militia, it gets really annoying.
the race can be OP, especially when resources begin running low, build a lot of peasants and then train them to become swordsmen, you can go over the food limit and they only cost 65 gold.

Level 9
Is it just me missing something, or did the contest end over a week ago and shitloads of submissions are disqualified for being posted too late?

Level 18
one word for your race Astaroth Zion, awesome!

In depth opinion: i like the main castle, i was disappointed when none of the other buildings had walls,
i don't like how workers can be trained to militia, it gets really annoying.
the race can be OP, especially when resources begin running low, build a lot of peasants and then train them to become swordsmen, you can go over the food limit and they only cost 65 gold.
I´m glad that you liked my work. I will be returning the favor ASAP and making a good review of your race.

Over the peasants issue, just around 40% of the peasants trained are upgraded into militia the rest are upgraded into a better tier of peasants (the elf ones)
In the 2.0 version of my race I added a system that exponentially reduced the chance to train a peasant that will turn into a militia, at most you would get train 11 of them over 40 peasant trained, then the change of getting a peasant that can be upgraded into a militia is 1% or less. HOPE that this new triggers can help reduce the over power upgrade line.

What do you think about the small building system? I didn`t have time to set the small building locations for every mayor building, so they just pop out in semi random places around the main building.(just maintaining the same distance from the center of the main building and a set angle between them)
I originally planed to add a wall system to all buildings that makes them untargetable by melee units until they destroyed the door or a section of the wall. (Walls and doors will be reappearing over time just like houses and small towers.)

If someone else is willing to tell me her/his opinion about my systems they are most than welcome. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.