• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Screenshots

Level 11
Hi folks. Got some problems with my computer. Because of that only slow progress. I'm working on several NPCmodels. Here you can see a WIP of an blacksmith. Tools like hammer etc. will be added as attachments ingame.

Level 11
Keep in mind, that the face won't be seen from close.Nevertheless I'm of the opinion it matches the quality of the rest. Or I simply suck at modeling/texturing faces hrhr.

Level 4
It looks good, but the face is very odd. There are a few ways you could improve it. I think that you should lower the eyes. Eyes are typically in the middle of the head, not the top part. It makes him look a bit like a Neanderthal. The face aside, I think the hands are a bit too long/thin.

Last edited:
Level 6
It looks good, but the face is very odd. There are a few ways you could improve it. I think that you should lower the eyes. Eyes are typically in the middle of the head, not the top part. It makes him look a bit like a Neanderthal. The face aside, I think the hands are a bit too long/thin.

Such tact, lol.

Looks great though

Level 11
I loaded the blacksmith in a model testmap to get an impression how it looks ingame. The smithing hammer is an attachment.

Level 4
Looks good, but the skin is too clean and consistent for a medieval warrior. Maybe add a bit of variance in the shade of whatever color you're using.

Level 11
Eastern

You remember our warrior NPC? He realized that he doens't like zombies at all... So what to do... with a twohanded axe and some spare time?

Happy Eastern!

Level 11
Folks, stay tuned. Something biiig is coming. It still takes some time, but this is not dead... oh nohohoo... not dead... maybe undead... who knows...

Level 11
Some new stuff

Im recreating the item system. All items will be based on different itemtypes. Each itemtype holds the information about the basestats of an item like armor or min/max dmg. Further items can have several affixes that grants bonusses to attributes and skills. Each item will have an itemlevel. The itemlevel effects the affixes and basestats of an item.

Example of an item of itemlevel 1:

Same itemtype with itemlevel 13:

Stronger enemies with higher level have a higher chance to drop items with a high itemlevel.

Level 11
Yeah, someway like Diablo 2. Items won't be random like in Diablo 3. By that I'll avoid such special affix combinations like +STR+INT. Further it will be much easier to create late game items by simply rising the maximum itemlevel.

Level 16
"Items won't be random like in Diablo 3" - what do you mean by this? No kind of randomness will be involved at all?

It's cool when items are generated randomly, and you know, by using strings and a string parser, you can always type in which bonuses may an item grant.

Level 11
In diablo 3 items are dynamic generated with random affixes. In Darkwind the affixes will be preset in the itemtype itself. Each mob will have drop lists depending on its level. In those lists the different itemtypes are stored.

Level 11
Yeah. the radomness comes from the different loottables that hold the items a monster can drop. The items themself are predefiend in their itemtypes. Only the sctrength of bonnuses und basevalues like armor/damage are effected by the itemlevel.

Level 12
You intend to change that "24" on Screenshot 2? IMO, looks too big and the font itself it too Powerpointish. At least make it smaller.

And remember to place a hyphen in between "Two" and "handed".

But great job on this. I honestly thought this had died out due to lack of activity whatsoever. Glad it hasn't.

Level 11
New Screenshots

Some screenshots showing how detailed the gameworld will appear.

The wounded is taken care of...

Even heroes have to eat...

Level 11
Dialogsystem on the way

I've set up the dialogsystem. You'll be able to choose topics to talk about. Navigation is done via the arrow keys. Quests are accepted/declined via dialogs. Same for special actions like trading/crafting. There is no sounddata, maybe never will. But at least the talking it self is animated.

Text shown in these pictures isn't final and my change everytime. Same for models,texture and interfaces.

Level 11
Currently I'm working on a video to show the dialog system in action. Also in that video the trading system will be shown.

Level 11
New armorset

After many days of continous coding I needed a break. So I've created another armorset. It is inspired by Diablo III armor.

Feel free to comment :thumbs_up:

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• ArmorSet01.jpg
    ArmorSet01.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 326
  • ArmorSet02.jpg
    ArmorSet02.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 374
Level 48
Fucking hell. This looks sexy as fuck.
I trust that you're checking if various armor pieces clip with other armor pieces? Because that would be pretty bad. (e.g, the chestplate from this set, clipping with legs from another)

How are you even making these attachments in the first place? How can you put attachments on various different bones? Do you just have a shitton of different attachments, correlating to different attachment points? Or maybe it's some other h4x I can't think of?
BTW, you should still work on the actual character's faces and skin. Maybe the model itself, too. They look pretty bad compared to the environment and items!

Level 11
How are you even making these attachments in the first place? How can you put attachments on various different bones? Do you just have a shitton of different attachments, correlating to different attachment points? Or maybe it's some other h4x I can't think of?

The base model consists of 2 units. Torso and legs. Both are aligned and synched in animation. Because of that I can use mutiple replaceable textures for chest and legarmor. All other armorbits are attachments.

About the faces. I know they are way not perfect. But for an isometric gameview they don't have to be, because they are never seen. I will nevertheless try to improve my work.

Level 11
Female Zombie

Just a picture of a lovely female zombie.

attachment.php

Attachments

• FemaleZombie01.jpg
    FemaleZombie01.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 284